Home

Thread For OFFLINE Users To Discuss Tuner Changes, Patches, etc.

This is a discussion on Thread For OFFLINE Users To Discuss Tuner Changes, Patches, etc. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2016, 11:56 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Thread For OFFLINE Users To Discuss Tuner Changes, Patches, etc.

HOF is playable too, i was scared but the tuning improved feelings. As i said in the other thread i thought that there were too many open shots calculated as contested. Right now the feeling is better. Personally i think we have to separate feelings from numbers. To me the open shot range right now is good, i would only make the difference between contested and open bigger. Expecially heavy cobtested shots for both side (user and CPU). I'm still seeing too much randomness in outcomes.
Old 10-05-2016, 12:02 PM   #10
Rookie

My first post update game on HOF. This has been one of my favourite games in years. Came back from a 23 point deficit (down by 20 at the half) and won by 8. Never felt cheated even when i was down by 20. The only thing i didn't like was the persistant feeling of random outcomes.

Outcomes are great, but still a bit too random to me. But it's due to momentum. This year is bigger than ever (in a good way).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 14756831077001301587359.jpg (584.9 KB, 221 views)

Last edited by sirio994; 10-05-2016 at 12:04 PM.
Old 10-05-2016, 12:55 PM   #11
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22

Maybe the update wasn't so bad then.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2016, 02:11 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaterofworlds888
Maybe the update wasn't so bad then.
Offline user, MyGM, xbox1.

I played 3 games on All Pro yesterday after update/tuning. Lost 2, won 1, which I'm fine with on the surface. Play 8 min. quarters with 76ers. Starting 5 is Dunn, Murray, Simmons, Durant, Noel. (Started in offseason and wound up with picks 3 and 4 -- Lakers pick went to me, out of top 3 -- Durant amazingly signed with me, and was able to trade picks and players for #1. Just to clarify.)

First game loss to Thunder, fine with that because Rus played like Rus. Totally unstoppable. Won second game easily, felt weird. Third game was up comfortably at half, then things totally fell apart. Here are my complaints.

The CPU still scores on cheap cuts and broken AI D, and often takes advantage of the transition D garbage. It feels CHEAP, and I hate it. Their D NEVER breaks down like that, or maybe once or twice in three games.

Shooting is horrible. My great shooters -- Durant, Hezonja, Murray, etc. -- can't hit open 3's to save their lives, but Simmons hits 3 for 3, 1 for 2, and 2 for 3 in the 3 games. These are WIDE OPEN shots rated B to A, no greens, but given the ratings and openness, just ridiculous. Durant was 1 for 8, and all of those coming off set plays with him open. Stats similar in all 3 games.

On the contrary, the cpu almost NEVER misses open shots or open 3's.

One of the main points is that no matter what the shooting %'s are, they are misleading because I'm taking good shots and missing too often. The logic also seems to soften if i'm down late, and then shots start going in, further warping the %.

It's not satisfying. So my question to the offliners like me is, What are you guys doing, if anything, to adjust to the still-present wonkiness? Are you also seeing bullcrap shooting?
Old 10-05-2016, 02:25 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335TDC

I played 3 games on All Pro yesterday after update/tuning. Lost 2, won 1, which I'm fine with on the surface. Play 8 min. quarters with 76ers. Starting 5 is Dunn, Murray, Simmons, Durant, Noel. (Started in offseason and wound up with picks 3 and 4 -- Lakers pick went to me, out of top 3 -- Durant amazingly signed with me, and was able to trade picks and players for #1. Just to clarify.)

First game loss to Thunder, fine with that because Rus played like Rus. Totally unstoppable. Won second game easily, felt weird. Third game was up comfortably at half, then things totally fell apart. Here are my complaints.

The CPU still scores on cheap cuts and broken AI D, and often takes advantage of the transition D garbage. It feels CHEAP, and I hate it. Their D NEVER breaks down like that, or maybe once or twice in three games.

Shooting is horrible. My great shooters -- Durant, Hezonja, Murray, etc. -- can't hit open 3's to save their lives, but Simmons hits 3 for 3, 1 for 2, and 2 for 3 in the 3 games. These are WIDE OPEN shots rated B to A, no greens, but given the ratings and openness, just ridiculous. Durant was 1 for 8, and all of those coming off set plays with him open. Stats similar in all 3 games.

One of the main points is that no matter what the shooting %'s are, they are misleading because I'm taking good shots and missing too often. The logic also seems to soften if i'm down late, and then shots start going in, further warping the %.

It's not satisfying. So my question to the offliners like me is, What are you guys doing, if anything, to adjust to the still-present wonkiness? Are you also seeing bullcrap shooting?
The most recent tuner dropped late last night, 3 am Eastern. You're talking about the tuner before that, the one I absolutely hated along with everyone else.

As for last night's tuner, I just played a quick game with my custom sliders. It feels absolutely great. The players are hitting get the open shots that they should and misses ones that are defended well. The shot meter feels alot more responsive. They really did a good job.

I literally had to put the game down for a couple of days because of the frustration over the last tuner.
Old 10-05-2016, 02:32 PM   #14
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335TDC

Are you sure you're on the latest update? I'm seeing nothing like that with the new tuning.

Defensive breakdowns are still happening, but nothing like pre patch.

As far as the ai making everything, I'm definitely not seeing that any longer.

Reset your system to make sure you have the update, then play a few games. I promise you'll see a world of difference .

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 10-05-2016, 02:33 PM   #15
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirio994
My first post update game on HOF. This has been one of my favourite games in years. Came back from a 23 point deficit (down by 20 at the half) and won by 8. Never felt cheated even when i was down by 20. The only thing i didn't like was the persistant feeling of random outcomes.

Outcomes are great, but still a bit too random to me. But it's due to momentum. This year is bigger than ever (in a good way).
It seems to me like momentum this year feels less random but also more potentially powerful.

What I mean is, last year momentum just seemed to happen because the 2k gods of random chance made one team hot or cold.

Now it seems more tied to a player getting hot. So if I see the CPU getting hot with a strong offensive player, I call time out faster this year than I did last year. Last year I felt like I could get a could of stops, grind it out and play smart offense, and maybe save some time outs.

Now I have to be less stingy about spending them, even though fatigue is a thing and through 12 minute quarters even strong stamina players who get rest will fade around 32 minutes. If I let that overall 84 PG get hot and make too many buckets, the game will get away from me fast and I won't recover.

Also, turnovers obviously give potential heat and momentum back to the CPU. So does missing shots

I think I have noticed some shot meeting glitch in MyLeague play, where strong shooters can't actually fill their shot meters to 100%, but not all the time. Has anyone else noticed that?

I had Porzingis feeding CPU momentum with his bricks the other night before I started thinking he wasn't just cold the way the game makes some guys have off knights, but he was buggin'. He was not filling up his shot meter afterward in practice modes. This was my first game post XB1 patch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2016, 02:37 PM   #16
Rookie

2K obviously doesn't care about Offline Users

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »