Home

The Lie 2k Doesn't Want You To Know About You Mycareer Player

This is a discussion on The Lie 2k Doesn't Want You To Know About You Mycareer Player within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2016, 03:12 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: The Lie 2k Doesn't Want You To Know About You Mycareer Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonio5100
2k got over on us GOOD this year!!!!!!! What 2k doesn't want you to know is that YOUR PLAYER NOT EVEN 95 overall when you get to 95.... I wrote all my ratings down on paper then went to create a player on a normal roster and when I did that the created player rating only came up to a 79 overall SMH!!!! I knew something was wrong cause I'm typically an expert on rosters & my mycareer player ratings wasn't looking like he was a 95 overall so I tested it myself & found out the TRUTH!!!!!!! 2k bamboozled the people yet again & IF YOU BOUGHT VC you should be pissed cause you bought VC to max out at about a 70 overall before you get all the practice upgrades..... IF YOU THINK IM LYING DO THIS YOURSELF & come back here & tell me your REAL rating..... I really hope this threat picks up enough steam that the word about this gets back to 2k somehow & they have to explain what's going on here smh
It's been like this since last year, I've lost count how many times I've said it. About time someone other than me noticed.

You all thought some of us were joking when we said we were creating glorified role players? And I distinctly remember telling folks last year that going into Pro Am showed us our real rating, before 2k patched it in order to hide us behind our MC rating.

Last edited by Caelumfang; 10-10-2016 at 03:16 PM.
Old 10-10-2016, 03:23 PM   #18
Banned

Quote:
If its not a big deal then why lie about it instead of showing us our TRUE rating? The reason I think they didn't show us our true rating is because they KNEW people wouldn't buy VC if they knew they players would max out around 80...... Just think we invested over 150k (maybe way more) VC into a guy that's only around a 80 overall
My point is that you are competing against other "myplayers" who are created on the same scale. So you may only be a 79 overall as a 95, but all the other "95"s are only 79 overall as well so you are still the cream of the crop.

Edit: I am, of course, referring to online play here. I don't think it matters in terms of MyCareer mode as most can still win the title on HOF anyway, and making us rated any higher would make HOF play like PRO.

Last edited by Mweemwee; 10-10-2016 at 03:26 PM.
Old 10-10-2016, 03:33 PM   #19
Rookie

FiskWilson's Arena

Quote:
The part where u say it doesn't stop us from putting up GOAT numbers is another story in itself as we are ONLY 80 overalls putting up GOAT numbers tho LoL....... I grinded for my VC as well but I don't think this is something to just gloss over WHAT ELSE can 2k be trying to hide if they pulling something like this is the bigger issue moving forward
This isn't some conspiracy man. Want an answer? Go ask a dev about it on twitter or something. Come back and tell us what's up.
Old 10-10-2016, 03:55 PM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mweemwee
My point is that you are competing against other "myplayers" who are created on the same scale. So you may only be a 79 overall as a 95, but all the other "95"s are only 79 overall as well so you are still the cream of the crop.

Edit: I am, of course, referring to online play here. I don't think it matters in terms of MyCareer mode as most can still win the title on HOF anyway, and making us rated any higher would make HOF play like PRO.
What about if u strictly play my career tho not everyone plays park..... so in your my career you are getting the ILLUSION that your player is as good as Curry Lebron KD ect ect ect with his 95 overall rating but REALLY he's only as good as George Hill Bradley Beal MCW Harrison Barnes Mason Plumlee Enes Kanter Clint Capela ect ect ect there is nothing wrong with that at all?

Last edited by tonio5100; 10-10-2016 at 03:57 PM.
Old 10-10-2016, 03:58 PM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mweemwee

It might be interesting to compare a 95 rated 6'3 Playmaker PG to a 95 rated 6'3 Slasher PG for instance. I would guess the playmaker has a higher "real" overall.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2016, 04:10 PM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysens
It might be interesting to compare a 95 rated 6'3 Playmaker PG to a 95 rated 6'3 Slasher PG for instance. I would guess the playmaker has a higher "real" overall.
I think that somewhat plays into it as well I'm a 95 overall shot creator that panned out to a REAL 79 overall which I don't think EVERYONE would be a 79 after they ran the test which is why I want others to do it & tell their REAL overall as well on here so we can all compare
Old 10-10-2016, 04:21 PM   #23
Banned

Quote:
What about if u strictly play my career tho not everyone plays park..... so in your my career you are getting the ILLUSION that your player is as good as Curry Lebron KD ect ect ect with his 95 overall rating but REALLY he's only as good as George Hill Bradley Beal MCW Harrison Barnes Mason Plumlee Enes Kanter Clint Capela ect ect ect there is nothing wrong with that at all?
No I agree, but mycareer is easy enough I think for the majority. And also, I was never under the illusion that we were as good as them lol. I'm a Playmaking PG and Anthony Davis has a higher 3pt rating than I will ever have.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's right. Is it strange. And I'm not disagreeing with you. But I don't think it matters so much as you can still get by.

Now, if the game modes introduced your myplayer playing against USER CONTROLLED NBA STARS with their real overalls then it would be a serious problem as you would be massively underrated.

I agree that it would be good to get a list of the real overalls for all positions and archetypes though.
Old 10-10-2016, 04:23 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 6

I saw a video from someone that said they did that, and found that lockdown defenders were in the low 90s.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »