Home

When updating 2K has to be CLEAR & PRECISE IF ITS OFFLINE or ONLINE FIXES...

This is a discussion on When updating 2K has to be CLEAR & PRECISE IF ITS OFFLINE or ONLINE FIXES... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2016, 11:18 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: When updating 2K has to be CLEAR & PRECISE IF ITS OFFLINE or ONLINE FIXES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wangchung91
The amount of whining in this forum is unreal. Go play NBA live 2006
Nice attitude.

"Hey guys lets just NOT COMPLAIN WITH A GAME WE PAID $60 for & be content with bad design choices & systems!".

Awesome.

You just remind me why I hate this gen now, DLCUTCONTENT, preorder retail exclusives, SCAM PASSES, no more splitscreen, etc.

The tech is advancing but less features & some gamers gets more nickel & dimed.

*~*
Old 10-19-2016, 11:34 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: When updating 2K has to be CLEAR & PRECISE IF ITS OFFLINE or ONLINE FIXES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wangchung91
The amount of whining in this forum is unreal. Go play NBA live 2006
Play NBA Live 10 instead. It's one of the best basketball simulation games ever made.

I say just make 2 separate games already, 2K. You have money, invest it. One game for MyCareer/Park/silly ballin' and one game for simulation/offline/online as well with better match-making, scouting and lobbies/chat. They used to do it years ago I don't see why they can't do it now. The $ talks, though.
Old 10-20-2016, 02:45 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

I would just like to chime in that since 2k's latest update, offline play has gotten to the point where i'm ready to stop playing the game. The nba jam level of cheapness displayed by your ai opponents plus the stupidity of your ai teammates equals a game that simply isn't fun. I've got no problem missing open shots/layups as that's realistic, but the problem is that the ai doesn't seem to miss anything remotely open. "(The fact that my ai teammates leave guys like damon lillard WIDE OPEN constantly is one of the most ridiculously cheap things i've ever seen in a video game.)

I don't wont to completely give up on the game, but i'm definitely on the brink.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2016, 04:51 PM   #12
Rookie

^ PRECISELY, bro.

No matter the difficulty, CPU will NEVER miss close / paint shots & and-1s. Hope they fix that **** in 1.05, its terribly dissapointing.

And hopefully SHOT METER is gone too because...

SHOT METER = BAD DESIGN CHOICE. Shouldn't even exist in NBA2K games...
...shouldnt even exist in videogames particularly sports aiming for IMMERSIVE, REALISTIC & AUTHENTIC SIMULATION, period.

Let me ask you a simple question: DO YOU SEE A BAR OR METER BELOW YOUR FEET IN REAL LIFE WHEN YOU PLAY BASKETBALL? In NBA games broadcast live in TV, do you see these things?

Simple answer: NO.

Ive been NBA2K guy since PS2 era & eversince owning a PS4 then getting 2k15 for it & now 2k17, I turn all these things OFF.

Why?

Because thats how these kinda of games should be played: BASED ON SKILL & ABILITY TO TIME BASED ON RELEASE ANIMATION.

Just like, hello, IN REAL LIFE. You dont rely on bars & meters. You rely on practice & patience of learning. Now instead of doing that, guys literally look at shot meter, which is, again unrealistic. Why do we even have it, whats the point of tutorials if ALL YOU GOTTA DO IS LOOK AT A BAR / METER?

Dont even get me started on SHOT METER ON LAYUPS & 90% of the time, contestef or not, you will miss. This alone makes 2k17 very unrealistic simulationwise compared to every othet interation in the series.

I will say it again, Shot Meter = Bad Design Choice by the devs, maybe one of the worst ones since NOT being able to edit headbands (which mind everybody LAST GEN they allow you to & they havent given us REASONS WHY we cant now) & make custom teams outside of MyLeague.

If NBA2k18 still have these bad design choices FOR NO REASON (seriously, if as SIMPLE AS FREAKIN HEADBANDS is a problem then I dont know) & the fact they have oldschool guys in MyTeam but NOT in roster & their classic teams, I dont know if I can support these guys anymore.

Its like someone here said; one step forward, TWO STEPS BACK.
Old 11-25-2016, 12:32 PM   #13
Rookie

1.06 patch still does NOT FIX the CPU hitting and-1s 100% of the time. SMH
Old 11-25-2016, 05:58 PM   #14
Pro

itchyroll_51's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiGAHEART
1.06 patch still does NOT FIX the CPU hitting and-1s 100% of the time. SMH
You are a sim baller I assume and you are concerned with CPU performance. But the way you describe it just isn't detailed enough. You seem to worry about single possessions ? You should calculate the ORTG and DRTG of the CPU, then you will realize they are actually comically bad and not OP at all. 2K does do a good job at capturing offensive attack by AI relative to NBA offenses by certain teams.
Old 11-28-2016, 08:58 AM   #15
Banned

emmanuelk1's Arena

[quote=GiGAHEART;2048516065]..because this is a big deal.

HUGE.

Devs of 2K, believe it or not, there 2 kinds of 2k players:

1. OFFLINE GUYS ("Old School") - Guys who wanna have realistic, immersive & authentic NBA simulated experience just like watching actual NBA games. Guys who play with real life friends / family at home. Guys who dont care about VC, like, at all. Guys who wanna customize & edit rosters, teams, etc. fully without annoyances & constraints just like previous gens. Guys who care more if the NBA2K game has depth into it like core gameplay & customization.

2. ONLINE GUYS ("Dudebros") - These guys mostly care about stats on the online leaderboard & have cash for VC. They generally dont care about actual gameplay & depth, they just wanna improve their online notoriety. Bragging right guys, if you will.

totally agree in this one!you can argue(online players) but its the truth. im an offline player and i want that realistic, immersive & authentic NBA simulated experience just like watching actual NBA games. since technology is getting bigger i expect it to be like that. and not to see an update on every online mode garbage whenever i open the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2016, 03:57 PM   #16
Pro

torpidbeaver's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiGAHEART
They are "competitve" because of a GLORIFIED ONLINE RANKINGS, definitely & absolutely NOT for the realism, authenticity & immersive simulation of NBA basketball.

And nobody had brought this specific, possible solution UNTIL I did.
You're right, you're the first person to ever want the 2K team to tell us what they updated. Or to want separate updates for online and offline. Or to want MORE SIM IN MAH BASKETBALL.

But wait... people play online for all sorts of reasons, including enjoying Online leagues with their friends. Which would be competitive basketball outside the boundaries of GLORIFIED ONLINE RANKINGS.

Or, yeah, everyone who plays online is a 13-year-old Dub-baller who only cares about rankings and DJ Snoop Lion's sic beats. Obvious troll is obvious.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »