Home

NBA 2K17 - The Grind

This is a discussion on NBA 2K17 - The Grind within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-12-2016, 03:02 PM   #9
Rookie

CBAT's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NBA 2K17 - The Grind

Quote:
Originally Posted by cablexdeadpool
I think I actually hate myself for even getting this game.

I just like basketball.

All I wanna do is play basketball with a created player against other created players.

2K ruined that for me, because you have to GRIND.

And the grind isn't even fun or enjoyable. It's insanity inducing.

If I wanted to torture someone, I would make them grind for badges on MyCareer 24/7.

Like it's a sports game...I don't need a story...I don't need to watch my guy work out...I just wanna play the damn game.

If I wanted a story and all of that, I would play Final Fantasy.

MLB the Show has the best career mode. There is no grind. No cheesy story. No time sucking cut scenes and the gameplay is actually good.

2K on the other hand, you grind, you have a cheesy story, you have a massive time sink with cut scenes and the computer AI and the computer coach sucks.
Nailed it. My thoughts exactly.
Old 12-12-2016, 03:29 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

While i do agree with alot of the points you guys have made. I actually think 2K should make it more of a 'grind' to earn Badges. Like not change what we have to do to earn then, but say, playing on any level lower than All-Star and you cannot earn any badges. This alone will put Skill over Badges and not the other way around like it is right now... (& hopefully not, but if they include HOF badges; make it so you have to play on Superstar or Hall of Fame to earn it)
im tired of people thinking you trash cause i like to organically earn my badges and not put it on Rookie/100 Speed to cheese my way to "stardom"
Old 12-12-2016, 03:41 PM   #11
Pro

Someone needs to start a thread about little annoying things in 2k that you just feel they put in to INTENTIONALLY waste your time. Like how you have to wait 10 minutes after you do the vertical jump before you can move/exit but you can still press A, the only button which forces you back into the drill. It's like this for all the drills and it's so annoying. I can't count how many times I've repeated drills because I accidentally pressed A right after completing the drill (BUT NO OTHER BUTTON EVER WORKS!!!!)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2016, 03:44 PM   #12
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

Yeah, I had to stop playing MyCareer. There's too much grinding just to be able to max out some mediocre role player. Maybe I'll get back to it later in the year when I beat MyTeam and PNO.
Old 12-12-2016, 03:46 PM   #13
Rookie

Maxflier's Arena

OVR: 6

I don't mind the grind at all. No one is forcing you to do it, you can head out to the park without badges. But if you want to have a better player, you should have to put in some work for it IMO.
Old 12-12-2016, 03:49 PM   #14
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxflier
I don't mind the grind at all. No one is forcing you to do it, you can head out to the park without badges. But if you want to have a better player, you should have to put in some work for it IMO.
Can we at least make them take less loading? Such a waste of time? No. Ok then make the loads worth the wait. I remember their used to be shooting, rebounding, knock out, and dribble drills. Those were infinitely better.
Old 12-12-2016, 04:37 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxflier
what? no one cares about the park. mycareer is a grind, even if you don't set one foot into the park.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2016, 05:19 PM   #16
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

I'm at the point where I'm willing to PAY real Money to get me out of the grind.

Can I just pay $60 and get a finished character with full badges? The badges take forevvverrr and all those little +1 things I've still never gotten around to doing.

Instead of paying for just VC, lemme buy the dude lol

I don't wanna grind with chores. I'll "grind" learning the controls and the moves, I'll "grind" trying to get Ws in ProAm or Park, but I really hate the "do this really boring thing 1,000 times to earn X" system.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »