Home

Animation/badge transfer glitch must be fixed before the Pro Am All-Star Tournament

This is a discussion on Animation/badge transfer glitch must be fixed before the Pro Am All-Star Tournament within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-25-2016, 05:25 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Animation/badge transfer glitch must be fixed before the Pro Am All-Star Tourname

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iasounis
This is a glitch that deserves nothing less than banning. I'm tired of playing and grinding within the rules to see dudes getting away with cheating.
I'm going to disagree with banning.

I think the better solution is to make them keep, let's say, the contact dunk packages. Not allow them to be removed, and make it so that if your contact dunks aren't at least a 65, which I believe is the requirements for contact dunk packages, and make any contact dunk performed be an automatic miss for those that don't meet the requirements.

This would force those the cheated to have to create a new character or miss all their dunks.

That seems like a perfect solution imo.

Bigs with PG dribbles should lose the ball when they try to use dribble moves outside their skill set.

There's nothing worse than having to start the grind all over again!
Old 12-25-2016, 05:34 AM   #10
Banned

jax01's Arena

Re: Animation/badge transfer glitch must be fixed before the Pro Am All-Star Tourname

Quote:
Originally Posted by awg811
I'm going to disagree with banning.

I think the better solution is to make them keep, let's say, the contact dunk packages. Not allow them to be removed, and make it so that if your contact dunks aren't at least a 65, which I believe is the requirements for contact dunk packages, and make any contact dunk performed be an automatic miss for those that don't meet the requirements.

This would force those the cheated to have to create a new character or miss all their dunks.

That seems like a perfect solution imo.

Bigs with PG dribbles should lose the ball when they try to use dribble moves outside their skill set.

There's nothing worse than having to start the grind all over again!
Nah ban 'em all. Thats the consequence of cheating. Maybe it'll keep them from cheating in 2k18. Every year we see the same no skilled losers trying to cheat the game (not saying VC glitch but cheats like 98 ovr, 7'5 pgs, and now this glitch)
Old 12-25-2016, 05:45 AM   #11
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jax01
Nah ban 'em all. Thats the consequence of cheating. Maybe it'll keep them from cheating in 2k18. Every year we see the same no skilled losers trying to cheat the game (not saying VC glitch but cheats like 98 ovr, 7'5 pgs, and now this glitch)
It's not that I so much disagree with banning them as I stated.
I just think making them suffer is more of a punishment.

If you're banned, you either just quit playing the game, buy a new system, or create a new account.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-25-2016, 11:36 AM   #12
MVP

MontanaMan's Arena

Deserves a hard ban for sure.

I'm skeptical 2K will do it because for every player they ban that's one less person that's buying VC.
Old 12-25-2016, 11:47 AM   #13
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Deserves a hard ban for sure.

I'm skeptical 2K will do it because for every player they ban that's one less person that's buying VC.
It may also be hard to determine if someone actually cheated or just made a mistake.

I know that this glitch is super easy to do, so someone may have done it by accident. Not likely, but it could happen.

I would like to avoid banning people without proof positive.

I was accused of using a glitch by 2k that I did not use.
Getting reset doesn't bother me in the least, I'm glad that they finally did something, but I'm still earning the upgrades from practice because they still didn't fix their game.

What bothers me is the accusation and the lost VC.
If I was banned for something that I did not do, I'd be very upset!
Old 12-25-2016, 11:54 AM   #14
Pro

If they can find all of the 98's and reset them, finding centers with dribble moves, that they are not supposed to have, should be easy.
Old 12-25-2016, 12:05 PM   #15
MVP

MontanaMan's Arena

Maybe in other cases, but how could somebody accidentally do this glitch?

You have to go way out of your way and perform multiple steps in order to do it. You know what you're doing every step of the way.

Look at how many views are on the YouTube videos explaining how to do the glitch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-25-2016, 12:15 PM   #16
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Maybe in other cases, but how could somebody accidentally do this glitch?

You have to go way out of your way and perform multiple steps in order to do it. You know what you're doing every step of the way.

Look at how many views are on the YouTube videos explaining how to do the glitch.
As I said, it's not likely, but it could happen.

Let's say you're simply in the store trying to purchase things and the game starts before you finish.
You get on a team of terrible players and you quit, or you lag out.
You don't play for a little bit and come back and load up a different guy.
Go buy a dunk package or shot or whatever for him and purchase it without even seeing what all is in your cart.
Now you have something for your player that you shouldn't and maybe don't even know you have.

I know and agree that it would be rare, but it could happen.

I don't care if they're banned or not.

I just don't want to see anyone get banned something that they didn't actually do.

Maybe it's because I was accused by 2k of something that I did not do?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »