Home

Animation/badge transfer glitch must be fixed before the Pro Am All-Star Tournament

This is a discussion on Animation/badge transfer glitch must be fixed before the Pro Am All-Star Tournament within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-25-2016, 09:06 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: Animation/badge transfer glitch must be fixed before the Pro Am All-Star Tourname

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
If they just discovered that there's a problem, and it's actually something that they care to fix then it seems like it would hard for them to figure out the problem, find a fix, test the fix to see if it works and doesn't break something else, and get it through certification in a week. The Pro-Am tourney should be quite the spectacle.
Last week when 2K reset people's glitched overall ratings from 98 back down to 95 all it took was a server side update, not a certified patch.

I would hope that a similar server side update could solve this issue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-25-2016, 09:27 PM   #26
Rookie

adamspag's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Animation/badge transfer glitch must be fixed before the Pro Am All-Star Tourname

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakstarter
Listen, here's the bitter truth. 2k17 is garbage. Yall lucky people are still playing this game.
If you go and search any major 2k youtuber, everyone KNOWS 2k17 is dead. The park is repetitive, the pro am is just now stabilizing their servers in December, VC is way more expensive and does less for your your my player this year than ever before. The fact that these archetypes are super restricted shows that 2k18 needs more work in this area.
This game wasn't fun for along time. The grind to get your my player to max out is just boring as hell. Practice after practice after practice through monotonous drills will kill any fun factor involved with my career.

Facts: you cannot transfer badges using this trick.
You cannot transfer attributes using this trick.
You only can add animations such as crossovers and dunks to players.
So let's say you have a center with a 29 speed and 30 ball control there's no way that adding a crossover to your arsenal would make him a threat to you. The moves don't even come out like they do for a guard. They are slow as hell.
Even the dunks on a sharpshooter or point forward don't activate the same way as a slasher or athletic big. They don't have the gold or hall of fame badges that make them over powered.
They also don't have the attributes to make great finishers. So complaining about a point forward who has dunk packages that can't finish like a slasher on a consistent basis is kind of petty. I don't think banning is the answer and to be honest, this kind of gave 2k17 a second life.
yes you can absolutely transfer attributes and badges, you can even exceed attribute caps with this glitch
Old 12-25-2016, 10:00 PM   #27
Rookie

KoolAidNoSugar's Arena

Animation/badge transfer glitch must be fixed before the Pro Am All-Star Tournament

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
KoolAid,

I saw a 56 overall playmaker PG catch 2 posters before in one game.

Show me proof. If the contact dunk stat isn't high enough he doesn't even attempt posters. Hence why I said I've never seen a SS or Stretch Big do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-25-2016, 10:14 PM   #28
Rookie

The badges do not work. And stretch bigs are not snapping ankles. If they ban people for having animations then some people are going to get banned that equipped through prelude. The prelude method was not a glitch, I could equip dribble moves on my stretch by buying them. But I agree it should be patched.
Old 12-25-2016, 10:17 PM   #29
MVP

MontanaMan's Arena

I mean, I have no reason to come on here and lie about something so random.

I'd up footage but didn't capture it. I remember when it happened I was so stunned and had to look around on YouTube to see how he did it and that's how I found out about the glitch.

I saw it with my own eyes believe what you want I guess.
Old 12-25-2016, 10:19 PM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by awg811
As I said, it's not likely, but it could happen.

Let's say you're simply in the store trying to purchase things and the game starts before you finish.
You get on a team of terrible players and you quit, or you lag out.
You don't play for a little bit and come back and load up a different guy.
Go buy a dunk package or shot or whatever for him and purchase it without even seeing what all is in your cart.
Now you have something for your player that you shouldn't and maybe don't even know you have.

I know and agree that it would be rare, but it could happen.

I don't care if they're banned or not.

I just don't want to see anyone get banned something that they didn't actually do.

Maybe it's because I was accused by 2k of something that I did not do?
crazy part is that this is how glitches are discovered and then people spread it.
Old 12-25-2016, 10:33 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jax01
Nah ban 'em all. Thats the consequence of cheating. Maybe it'll keep them from cheating in 2k18. Every year we see the same no skilled losers trying to cheat the game (not saying VC glitch but cheats like 98 ovr, 7'5 pgs, and now this glitch)
just delete the player.

-Smak
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-25-2016, 10:39 PM   #32
MVP

Honestly, to try to curb the constant cheating that's been going on for the past few years, 2k needs to just start handing out hard bans, period. If you don't come down hard, people simply don't learn, and have no fear of the weak 'consequences' that 2k usually gives out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »