Home

Animation/badge transfer glitch must be fixed before the Pro Am All-Star Tournament

This is a discussion on Animation/badge transfer glitch must be fixed before the Pro Am All-Star Tournament within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-24-2016, 10:10 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Animation/badge transfer glitch must be fixed before the Pro Am All-Star Tournament

In the past week, a new glitch has been rapidly spreading through the MyPark/Pro Am community that allows any archetype to transfer any set of animations and any combination of badges onto their MyPlayer.

Here, for example, is a point forward who has the slasher's contact dunk animations equipped:

Spoiler

As was the case before with the 98 overall bonus attributes bug that was finally fixed last week, this new glitch has given cheaters another unfair gameplay advantage over all the people who choose to play 2K17's online MyPlayer modes the right way.

If 2K doesn't address this glitch by the morning of December 31, then the integrity of their upcoming Pro Am All-Star tournament will be compromised, with playmakers and sharpshooters running around contact dunking on people, and stretch bigs snapping ankles with elite dribble animations.

Last edited by jyoung; 12-24-2016 at 10:24 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2016, 11:52 PM   #2
MVP

MontanaMan's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Animation/badge transfer glitch must be fixed before the Pro Am All-Star Tourname

I was waiting for somebody to post this.

The apathy is astounding.
Old 12-25-2016, 12:01 AM   #3
Pro

Iasounis's Arena

Re: Animation/badge transfer glitch must be fixed before the Pro Am All-Star Tourname

This is a glitch that deserves nothing less than banning. I'm tired of playing and grinding within the rules to see dudes getting away with cheating.
Old 12-25-2016, 12:28 AM   #4
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

If they just discovered that there's a problem, and it's actually something that they care to fix(I'm not being flippant, one never knows what they will allow to let slide) then it seems like it would hard for them to figure out the problem, find a fix, test the fix to see if it works and doesn't break something else, and get it through certification in a week. The Pro-Am tourney should be quite the spectacle.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 12-25-2016, 01:14 AM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
If they just discovered that there's a problem, and it's actually something that they care to fix(I'm not being flippant, one never knows what they will allow to let slide) then it seems like it would hard for them to figure out the problem, find a fix, test the fix to see if it works and doesn't break something else, and get it through certification in a week. The Pro-Am tourney should be quite the spectacle.

I've been talking about this glitch for a few weeks on here I'm actually surprised it took this long for someone else to make a post about it. But I don't see this being anything that should be to hard to fix as you can do it by literally just sitting on one screen until the game forces it close. So I'm sure this can be resolved by simply making it so the window cannot be closed by the game like that and the player must be the one to do it or simply not allow the game to start of someone is in the store until they exit that screen. I also don't think this should be to hard to reverse since 2k can apparently take attributes away I'm sure they can find a way to take away animations and badges that you clearly shouldn't have such as the SS with HOF posterizer and all the contact dunk sets or the GC with the kyrie dribble set. Funnily enough this glitch literally only benefits sharpshooters, as not being able to shoot can't be fixed by animations or badges, but somehow in 2K it can make you a threat inside despite poor ratings if you have the right badges and animations.
And I'm sure this is just a coincidence but like I said this glitch has been out for almost a month now and 2K has yet to say a word on it but we did get a nice little VC sale just when this extremely expensive glitch arises.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by E The Rhymer; 12-25-2016 at 01:20 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-25-2016, 03:32 AM   #6
Rookie

Looks like Imma have to get them contact dunks and park alley oop dunk packages on my Shot Creator before it gets patched.
Old 12-25-2016, 04:42 AM   #7
Rookie

They don't need to patch this...this is the way the game needed to be from day one. Archetypes with sub classes..a shooter that can dunk.. a playmaker that can finish.
Old 12-25-2016, 05:14 AM   #8
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakstarter
They don't need to patch this...this is the way the game needed to be from day one. Archetypes with sub classes..a shooter that can dunk.. a playmaker that can finish.
Absolutely needs to be patched. And the people that did the glitch should be banned.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »