Home

I'd like to see better Communication and Transparency from 2K in 2K18

This is a discussion on I'd like to see better Communication and Transparency from 2K in 2K18 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-06-2017, 06:42 PM   #9
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: I'd like to see better Communication and Transparency from 2K in 2K18

Adding a disclaimer at the beginning doesnt make that any less of a borderline troll post, lets keep a good thread on topic.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
Old 01-06-2017, 07:14 PM   #10
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

OVR: 0

2k already lost my customer loyalty - the problem is that they're the only good basketball game out there.

I'd even play a fictional basketball game (like Mutant League Sports used to do) if it had better gameplay and servers.
Old 01-07-2017, 05:53 PM   #11
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakstarter
Disclaimer:This is Not a 2K Bash...I know how sensitive you guys get on this forum.

Honestly, i think we can all agree that 2k will increase the price of VC, we will get more patches, Defense will not be addressed so that it can match the offense. Until then, the Offense will constantly get nerfed. Explosiveness out of dribbling will never come back, Player movement will Never go back to 2k11 where all players felt nice and light, unlike now where everyone feels heavy and weighted and cant stop on a dime and change directions. Oh, and I'm sure Esports will continue to be their main focus, even though the gameplay needs work, and the servers are too stressed to make 5 vs 5 matchmaking work flawlessly. Other than that, i'm sure we will all be playing 2k next year, but dont expect much until we get some major changes around here. Just 2 my cents.
Firstly, your post was a 2k bash. It's the type of hyperbolic post that is easily dismissed.

You don't have to buy VC. Defense is constantly changing and being developed. You wouldnt have played 2K11 in at least 5 years; the players skated around regardless of size. E-sports isnt the main focus.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2017, 09:50 PM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGaryColeman
2k already lost my customer loyalty - the problem is that they're the only good basketball game out there.

I'd even play a fictional basketball game (like Mutant League Sports used to do) if it had better gameplay and servers.
I feel the same way, I actually love this game and love basketball, but their greed just kills it for me
Old 01-08-2017, 11:33 AM   #13
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

I co-sign the OP 100%.

The thing I would add as my rage beef with 2k this year on communication has been the complete lack of it when it comes to OG's defensive changes, options, and adjustments available to the user. We've had no explanations.

The same is true, though not as much, about the offensive stuff Czar has put in, though he has dribbled out some things over time with his weekend streams on his own time.

2K apparently made the decision to forbid developer blogs about offense and defense the way OG and Czar did last year. And yet they rebuilt the difficulty system around the new ACE improvements. So they valued the new additions to the game enough to rebuild the structure of game difficulty, but not enough to tell us anything about what's new on the game on that front.

That's ridiculous. The OS defensive settings wiki is one long futile cry for answers that never came. There are still some basic things we don't know about ACE for offense, such as what default freelance systems each team runs.

Community engagement can be reactive to questions, as the OP highlights, but there's also just basics for describing the product you are putting on the street - just basic features and improvements information. 2K went very minimal on that this year, and that was a bad decision.

Granted, a lot of what they put in didn't work as intended, but if they at least told us what the defensive settings and options in particular were designed to do, then we could have given more intelligent feedback to help them make improvements. They justifiably complain about all the useless angry feedback, but they didn't give us the basic understanding people needed to provide informed feedback. Communication goes two ways.

2k desperately needs better, deeper, knowledgeable, two way community engagements as the OP describes. I may end up buying the game next year, but as things stand now, not early, and not at release. Not unless this communication stuff gets cleaned up.
Old 01-08-2017, 06:23 PM   #14
Pro

Hellquist's Arena

Agreed.

It's not only the communication but the marketing needs to get better. They have the worst marketing I've ever seen in gaming. A lot of us were in the dark with the game details until a few weeks before release.

It was bad from the beginning in this cycle. I and others pre-ordered for the Dream Team. We didn't get the Dream Team until 3 weeks later. That was a bad way to respond to this. When this occurred 2K did nothing. They ignored it for awhile. Check their Twitter and it was like everything was rosy. That was the beginning of the bad communication. Now it's responding to things that don't matter. Sharpshooters tweeting about not shooting 80% anymore, so that was responded to not the million other flaws in the game like the acclaimed ACE system, which still doesn't highlight when you select an option. Okay?

2K has to step their game up on 2K18. NBA Live 17 is going to swoop in without notice and it will be too late. Might sound silly but it can happen. You can't stay on top forever and what goes up most come down...

You can't be cocky and think you can just continue how you operate without consequences. "They will keep buying the game, so????" It's not enough. Mods can do what they want with my post if I am out of line. I hope this won't be deleted.
Old 01-08-2017, 07:26 PM   #15
MVP

MontanaMan's Arena

Yea it's been an issue for the past few years and can come across as arrogance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2017, 10:53 PM   #16
Rookie

The community managers are couple of clowns..combine that with a rapidly declining game. They'll be out of business in 2 years. My park might save them though. This series is done in my opinion. Absolutely no scenario where I buy this game next year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »