Home

For the love of god please learn how to use a post scorer

This is a discussion on For the love of god please learn how to use a post scorer within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-22-2017, 03:14 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: For the love of god please learn how to use a post scorer

MyPark is horrendous. Bunch of low iq shot chuckers who don't understand simple concepts of basketball. I don't play the mode much anymore because my friends aren't really basketball fans and most of the randoms I played with had negative bball iq. No idea how to run a simple pick and roll or even a frickin drive and kick... like come on. Don't even get me started on their defense, what a train wreck it is on that end.

Last edited by GudStuffzz; 05-22-2017 at 03:29 AM.
Old 05-22-2017, 05:10 AM   #10
Rookie

Schrankwand's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Housh123
The park is so trash [...]
Fixed it
Old 05-22-2017, 10:08 AM   #11
MVP

ph33's Arena

Post Scorer?

Hah hah hah

Don't you know your archetype is really Post Passer? As in you get the ball on the block and I run up to you and clog your space so you can pass me the ball for a contested layup with 5 people under the rim?

/s

But that's really how most people seem to see it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2017, 11:55 AM   #12
Pro

The problem with Post scorers from my experience (I've made a Center as my go to MyPlayer since the mode came out) on 2k17 is 1. In Park it's a hack fest. I'll get the ball isolated, and unless I just instantly drop step or fade away I'm getting hacked. I don't mind doing a quick move to score but just like the dribble gawds, every so often I'd actually like to hit people with a fake and a move. 2. In Pro-AM, the court is just too small. I can't even run a proper triangle offense due to this. As soon as I catch the entry pass I usually have someone dive from the 3pt line to the point where I lose the ball or have to instantly kick it out.

2k needs to make the post scorers have the same chance to hold the ball as a Playmaker does, unless I'm going against a Rim Protector or LDD, they need to have an extremely higher foul %, or 2k needs to make it where if you hit steal, in a bad steal position the animation doesn't just happen.

The problem in the Post is the defense doesn't get hurt too much for a unsuccessful steal attempt.

If they mad it where you attempted to go around someone and missed leaving an easy basket, I'm sure it would be spammed less.

Also there needs to be a protect ball move that actually works, at 7'1 why can't I catch and just hold the ball out in front of me, not allowing a 1. The man on my back to reach for it, and 2. an easy swipe from a passing smaller defender.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-22-2017, 04:48 PM   #13
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

OVR: 6
For the love of god please learn how to use a post scorer

Played in the park and pro am today for the first time this year and it was horrible. Not one person displayed some sort of basketball knowledge. It was all zig zagging, spamming the same dribble combo and shooting damn near half court.

How in the hell can they have ESports teams when all everyone does is play like idiots. Pro am was slightly more bearable than the park but still bad.

People wont run with you in the park if you're not some legend or whatever that crap is called. None of these guys have real knowledge of basketball though.

Last edited by ForeverVersatile; 05-22-2017 at 04:54 PM.
Old 05-22-2017, 05:11 PM   #14
Pro

I'm sure most of these guys see that their favorite YTr said post scorers are the best but a 3 is still more than 2. Why learn to play correctly in the post of have to work hard to be good and get 2 when you can simply hopstep into a half court screen and get a auto-green every time for 3.

Old 05-22-2017, 07:14 PM   #15
Rookie

I believe Post scorers would get more love if you made them more dominant once they are engaged in the post. The problem is that ball handling is low on Post Scorers and post ball handling/Post Control is not something 2k has taken into consideration making this archetype. When the player is engaged in the post, anyone with a pulse can just spam Steal, and poke the ball loose from the user. It discourages people from wanting to go and make these supposedly skillful players. 2K needs to address this issue and make it damn near impossible to steal from a user with 90+ball control. The same way that playmakers with high ball control have a small chance of losing the ball will dribbling, the same should be said for post scorers once engaged in the post.

Even though some of you dislike it, i believe Post scorers should also get the same effect that ankle breaker draws from play makers. Playmakers can get opponents to fall, slip, lose balance from simple crossovers, to slight hesitations.
I feel like if you're proficient in the post, opponents should fear you. Pump fakes, up and unders, jab steps,shimmy's drop steps...these should all make defenders step back..stumble, fall down, get left looking dumbfounded etc...

Even through a double team, a highly skilled player should finish with ease

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2017, 09:49 PM   #16
Banned

Housh123's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemthethriller
The problem with Post scorers from my experience (I've made a Center as my go to MyPlayer since the mode came out) on 2k17 is 1. In Park it's a hack fest. I'll get the ball isolated, and unless I just instantly drop step or fade away I'm getting hacked. I don't mind doing a quick move to score but just like the dribble gawds, every so often I'd actually like to hit people with a fake and a move. 2. In Pro-AM, the court is just too small. I can't even run a proper triangle offense due to this. As soon as I catch the entry pass I usually have someone dive from the 3pt line to the point where I lose the ball or have to instantly kick it out.

2k needs to make the post scorers have the same chance to hold the ball as a Playmaker does, unless I'm going against a Rim Protector or LDD, they need to have an extremely higher foul %, or 2k needs to make it where if you hit steal, in a bad steal position the animation doesn't just happen.

The problem in the Post is the defense doesn't get hurt too much for a unsuccessful steal attempt.

If they mad it where you attempted to go around someone and missed leaving an easy basket, I'm sure it would be spammed less.

Also there needs to be a protect ball move that actually works, at 7'1 why can't I catch and just hold the ball out in front of me, not allowing a 1. The man on my back to reach for it, and 2. an easy swipe from a passing smaller defender.

Man iv said these same points in so many threads lol. The big one about post scorers having the same ball security in the post as playmakers have on the perimeter is a MUST. idc about my ball security when im dribbling but as soon as I post up it should shoot up to high 90s if my rating is good. Also I think you and me are the only ones on this board to relate height to a protect ball button. The example I used was if 2 6' 6" guys double team me why would I as a 7' 3" center be highly affected by that? It doesn't make sense. There should be a button where I hold the ball high up and basically can only be ripped by other 7 foot players. Also that button should be a near AUTOMATIC foul if you reach more than once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakstarter
I believe Post scorers would get more love if you made them more dominant once they are engaged in the post. The problem is that ball handling is low on Post Scorers and post ball handling/Post Control is not something 2k has taken into consideration making this archetype. When the player is engaged in the post, anyone with a pulse can just spam Steal, and poke the ball loose from the user. It discourages people from wanting to go and make these supposedly skillful players. 2K needs to address this issue and make it damn near impossible to steal from a user with 90+ball control. The same way that playmakers with high ball control have a small chance of losing the ball will dribbling, the same should be said for post scorers once engaged in the post.

Even though some of you dislike it, i believe Post scorers should also get the same effect that ankle breaker draws from play makers. Playmakers can get opponents to fall, slip, lose balance from simple crossovers, to slight hesitations.
I feel like if you're proficient in the post, opponents should fear you. Pump fakes, up and unders, jab steps,shimmy's drop steps...these should all make defenders step back..stumble, fall down, get left looking dumbfounded etc...

Even through a double team, a highly skilled player should finish with ease

First bolded is a problem that's been a problem for years now and I actually thought 2k would address it this year because its gotten CRAZY. Them not patching that confirms my idea that the game is made for shooters. Your second bolded point is simply a really good idea. If I do a fake and your spamming reach and you reach right when I do a fake there should be a badge that makes people fall or stumble. If I can be forced to fall on the perimeter because of my bad defensive position then we should be able to punish poor post defenders.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »