Home

For the love of god please learn how to use a post scorer

This is a discussion on For the love of god please learn how to use a post scorer within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-22-2017, 11:03 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: For the love of god please learn how to use a post scorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph33
Post Scorer?

Hah hah hah

Don't you know your archetype is really Post Passer? As in you get the ball on the block and I run up to you and clog your space so you can pass me the ball for a contested layup with 5 people under the rim?

/s

But that's really how most people seem to see it.
If you try to pass and not force shots this is literally how every game goes.

I love how 1/25 players I play with will actually look to feed me the ball when I'm in advantageous position under the bucket.

I also love how many horrible passes I'll get that end up becoming turnovers that 2K attributes to me. It's hard to hold my teammates accountable for horrible passing when I'm the only one affected by turnovers.
Old 05-22-2017, 11:22 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by E The Rhymer
post scorers are the best but a 3 is still more than 2.

Why learn to play correctly in the post of have to work hard to be good and get 2 when you can simply hopstep into a half court screen and get a auto-green every time for 3.
The value of post scorers would definitely go way up if it wasn't so easy to make threes, because post scorers are the most reliable and consistent two-point scorers in this game.

Problem is, there's no reason to base your offensive gameplan around scoring two-pointers when sharpshooters can make 80% of their threes with ease, and all other "non-shooting" archetypes can make 70% of their threes with ease.

2K17's offensive meta is all about who can get the most open limitless range threes and corner threes.
Old 05-23-2017, 03:00 AM   #19
Banned

Housh123's Arena

Just ran for 2 hours today and the main gripe is that ppl can guard me and get back to their man fast enough to negate my passing from the post

There's not enough risk for doubling post scorers

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-23-2017, 04:34 AM   #20
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
The value of post scorers would definitely go way up if it wasn't so easy to make threes, because post scorers are the most reliable and consistent two-point scorers in this game.

Problem is, there's no reason to base your offensive gameplan around scoring two-pointers when sharpshooters can make 80% of their threes with ease, and all other "non-shooting" archetypes can make 70% of their threes with ease.

2K17's offensive meta is all about who can get the most open limitless range threes and corner threes.

This right here is pretty much a summery of everything wrong with the game this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-23-2017, 05:48 AM   #21
Rookie

197/198 people that you play with will immediately run straight on top of you when you get the ball in the post, bringing their man with them.

The lack of value that winning has on this game boggles my mind. Players will only pass when they know that they will get an assist, but this doesn't happen when feeding the post obviously. So the backcourt players will just dribble aimlessly and take a contested shot instead, because HEY AT LEAST YOU HAVE A CHANCE OF EARNING A STAT RIGHT?

The problem isn't so much 2K, it's the community. The harsh double team strips were designed to stop selfish post players. It has backfired ironically, because no backcourt players in 2K are unselfish enough to give the post players spacing. I loved the idea on here, however, that suggested penalties for missing a strip by the player that is being posted.

I have no ******* clue why kids value a 10/27 6 turnover 30 point screenshot over the extra rep, VC, and their record..... I honestly feel bad for bad 2K.. they're fighting a battle that can never be won.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2017, 05:08 PM   #22
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowsingles

I have no ******* clue why kids value a 10/27 6 turnover 30 point screenshot over the extra rep, VC, and their record..... I honestly feel bad for bad 2K.. they're fighting a battle that can never be won.

Because he got 30 and probably got a cheesy hopstep green which he recorded for his montage of "sick plays". My favorite thing now if how guys will drop you undeservedly because of Ankle Breaker and then brick the shot and even lose the game but proceed to try and taunt you over the single bail out they got out of the 6 times they got turnovers even if they bricked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-23-2017, 05:54 PM   #23
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

Post Scorers pretty much require you to play with friends... it's hard to find a random that is willing to share the Post, Pass it to you at the right time, and have the patience to slow the game down for a big.

Even if you do have friends, it's hard to find someone willing to adjust to your Archetype.

2k needs to TEACH people how to ADJUST depending on who they're playing with.

Fixing the bad matchmaking system would help too.
Old 05-23-2017, 07:14 PM   #24
Banned

Housh123's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGaryColeman
Post Scorers pretty much require you to play with friends... it's hard to find a random that is willing to share the Post, Pass it to you at the right time, and have the patience to slow the game down for a big.

Even if you do have friends, it's hard to find someone willing to adjust to your Archetype.

2k needs to TEACH people how to ADJUST depending on who they're playing with.

Fixing the bad matchmaking system would help too.
Yeah they need to encourage sim play. I can tell by how some ppl play that they've probably NEVER posted up their center in MyCareer.

So guess what? If you've never posted up your teammates in MyCareer you don't know that throwing it to me in traffic screws me over. You don't know that if you post me up and stand Still your man will double me and get back to you because the court is wrong sized.

That's my pet peeve too. Guys who post me up and then stand completely still. Like cut, move, do something!!! People do actually exist on 2k that pass the ball from the post.

I had a walk on game just yesterday where we had like 14 points total midway in the 2nd. I was 1/2 shooting. Other guys are like 2/10 and 0/5 and the only other decent guy was the athletic finisher power forward. So I get on the mic like guys your dribbling ain't working. Play from the post players and we can get y'all open when we get doubled. That somehow turned into an argument and I just flat out say YALL SUCK. Pass the ball down low you dumb butts.

So of course when you make trash guards mad they say "well then you score then bum" and they force feed it to you hoping you'll fail. Well I ended up 15/20 in that gamewith like 8 assists all to the other big man. He shot like 9/9 and didn't miss. Now you'd think that would've ended the trash talk. Nope. Now all they could say was I'm 7 foot 3 I'm SUPPOSED to be balling. lol Bro I hate guards on 2k

Last edited by Housh123; 05-23-2017 at 07:30 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »