Home

For the love of god please learn how to use a post scorer

This is a discussion on For the love of god please learn how to use a post scorer within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2017, 06:52 PM   #33
Banned

Housh123's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: For the love of god please learn how to use a post scorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by E The Rhymer
I'm aware when and when not to cut when someone is posted up. But lets say you are posted up just outside the paint on the left and I'm on the right wing. My man is going to play me tight expecting a pass to the three. And usually the defender closets (likely left corner) may come to swipe at you when that happens is when I will cut. And too often I will see guys in this situation not try to pass to anyone but simply fade. And I know the fade is OP but sometimes guys are just to into it I've seen guys in this situation 4-5 possessions in a row and they will try to fade every time and miss or get ripped but the 2 times he hits justifies his choice to him. And if I know you are going to use a Kiev that takes you TOWARDS the paint I won't cut. I had a guy on my Pro-Am team who lived to up and under so I stayed away from the paint but the few PS I see randomly online seem to not know how to do anything but fade, most don't even try to get position they post up anywhere and will catch the ball and not move (do a fake, try to back his man down, anything) for several seconds then just fade. No shimmy or fake just fade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a HUGE problem too and most likely a huge reason that ppl don't post up. 2k does not directly simulate real basketball. In 2k it's actually set up for bigs to lead the team in assists. We're the only guys who can see the whole court AND focus 100% on making moves AT THE SAME TIME. Also we get rebounds and start breaks. I will accept that there are a lot of crappy bigs who shoot every single time they touch the ball and make everyone look bad.

I can NEVER understand how a big isn't averaging close to 5 assist.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-24-2017, 09:28 PM   #34
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Housh123
That's a HUGE problem too and most likely a huge reason that ppl don't post up. 2k does not directly simulate real basketball. In 2k it's actually set up for bigs to lead the team in assists. We're the only guys who can see the whole court AND focus 100% on making moves AT THE SAME TIME. Also we get rebounds and start breaks. I will accept that there are a lot of crappy bigs who shoot every single time they touch the ball and make everyone look bad.

I can NEVER understand how a big isn't averaging close to 5 assist.

good playmakers don't watch their player dribble. They dribble with their eyes up.

One good playmaker who looks to pass first is a post scorer's best friend. You can get some beautiful post entry passes and the angles playmakers can throw alley's from is ridiculous.

I feel like the only reasons we generally lead in assists is because transition offense is so powerful in this game (break starter), in conjunction with the fact that help defenders constantly try to double you more than any playmaker/shotcreator/sharpshooter/etc.

I will admit it's incredibly easy to pass out of the post moves. You can hit a dropstep and pass right out of it like it's nothing. Same thing with the fade.
Old 05-24-2017, 11:28 PM   #35
MVP

MontanaMan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Housh123
Ps4

I'm not saying im the GOAT but I am great at my craft

What's your PSN?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2017, 11:30 PM   #36
Banned

Housh123's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
What's your PSN?

Younghoush

Old 05-30-2017, 02:55 PM   #37
Pro

kenn5373's Arena

OVR: 8

What's funny is Post Scorers are deadly if the team uses them correctly. I played one game the other day where there was a post scorer and a rim protector, and the rest of the team were A.I. The post scorer dropped 39 points on us even after being triple and quadrupled team. He literally was hitting every single fade away while having defenders all over him. I also played a game against a post scorer where the team actually spread out and let him go to work one on one and we got torched.
Old 05-30-2017, 03:17 PM   #38
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenn5373
What's funny is Post Scorers are deadly if the team uses them correctly. I played one game the other day where there was a post scorer and a rim protector, and the rest of the team were A.I. The post scorer dropped 39 points on us even after being triple and quadrupled team. He literally was hitting every single fade away while having defenders all over him. I also played a game against a post scorer where the team actually spread out and let him go to work one on one and we got torched.

Same played a game a few days ago where my 6'8 PF was guarding one and he went 8/9 with his one miss being when he tried to drop step me and it didn't work and he was forced to do those weird layup hook things while falling away all his other attempts where fades. But his team pretty much refused to give him the ball despite him not missing and having a ridiculous mismatch against me. 2K has honestly developed a cancer in terms of how people play with the way they encourage guys to shoot 3s and threes alone ignoring anything else and making anyone who can't shoot being relegated to glorified rebounds sets and screen setters.

Old 05-30-2017, 03:29 PM   #39
Banned

Housh123's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by E The Rhymer
Same played a game a few days ago where my 6'8 PF was guarding one and he went 8/9 with his one miss being when he tried to drop step me and it didn't work and he was forced to do those weird layup hook things while falling away all his other attempts where fades. But his team pretty much refused to give him the ball despite him not missing and having a ridiculous mismatch against me. 2K has honestly developed a cancer in terms of how people play with the way they encourage guys to shoot 3s and threes alone ignoring anything else and making anyone who can't shoot being relegated to glorified rebounds sets and screen setters.

Well that's what 2k becomes when you make post players worthless in MyCareer. Im on Cavs with my shot creator and when I post up Love hes goes straight up with no post moves 9/10 times and misses. So its literally useless posting up in MyCareer.

Then you go to the Park and 8/10 bigs are pure trash scoring in the post. Most will post up and pump fake then go straight up no matter what. Or you get the guys that are afraid to be aggressive and they pass everytime they touch it. In a game run by cheese I am literally at awe at how little the post scorer is used by cheesers. You can literally own games with a post scorer on ANY game mode.

I guess if you cant shoot 3s people on 2k think the archetype is trash. Im here to tell people if you can get over the con of not being able to shoot 3s the post scorer is the way to go.

You just cant be selfish. You gotta realize when you are getting double teammed

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »