Home

Anyone else want badges removed?

This is a discussion on Anyone else want badges removed? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2017, 02:06 AM   #25
MVP

Black Bruce Wayne's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Anyone else want badges removed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoodMuzik
What people asked for, was to be able to hit 3's as a Glass Cleaner. Or to be a Marksmen as a Slasher. Or to be a Defensive Stopper that could also be a Shot Creator.

"I picked this archetype and I can't do this, that's BS *rage rage rage rage*

Archetypes for online should've been amazing. 2K caved on the community not being satisfied by being the greatest of all time at every thing despite archetype/position/wingspan/height... you know, everything that's supposed to matter.
I could've said it better myself
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2017, 02:09 AM   #26
MVP

Black Bruce Wayne's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
Did people ask for HOF and 50 badges ? Especially for online guys.
People wanted their players to be different and they wanted to cut down on exploits. Badges and archtypes were supposed to do that. Remember, everyone disliked the 7 foot my players that could do everything, so 2k tried to do something. Now people in this thread want to go back.
Old 07-09-2017, 10:13 AM   #27
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Too much of the game relies on badges instead of actual skill and ratings .
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 07-09-2017, 11:35 AM   #28
Banned

They need to get rid of badges that have a rating that should be used such as deadeye. There's a contested shot rating why do we need a badge too?
Old 07-09-2017, 03:28 PM   #29
Pro

Cowboyfan_19's Arena

Thanks for proving my point. about 90% of you said badges should be either removed or scaled back significantly. Like someone else said before, there's no need for badges that boost attributes for the sake of boosting.

There's no need for"deadeye" badges when there's already contested shot attributes. Same can be said about "catch & shoot", "acrobat", and "hustle rebounder". All they do is add fantasy / artificial boosts that shouldn't exist to their given rating. Hot/cold zones are fine, but don't give me a full court worth of zones (seen in MyTeam primarily) because that completely negates the purpose of shooting attributes.

On the contrary, badges like "brick wall", "charge card", & "pick dodger" are perfectly fine because there's not a given rating to justify these intangibles. Just make badges 1 level & that's it. I don't wanna see screens laying out my guards every possession.

Also, who's "complaining" that they want 2k to cheese the game up for NBA JAM style of play? All I ever see people here is thriving & begging for a more sim experience, including myself.
Old 07-09-2017, 03:34 PM   #30
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

I think badges like hustle rebounder are interesting. You have point guards who are good at their position in rebounding but don't deserve a high rebounding rating.

Brickwall HOF is a joke in pro am /park .
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 07-09-2017, 03:42 PM   #31
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

I'm sure there's a middle ground between having no badges and having this arcade crap where players can throw on a Hall of Fame Limitless Range badge and green light threes from near half-court.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2017, 06:32 PM   #32
Pro

NoLeafClover's Arena

Badges were added to artificially inflate play time and keep people playing longer by forcing them to grind even more.

They should just have 1 tier of badges with players able to "Pick 5" or "Pick 10" like with Perks in Call of Duty for us to customise our playstyle without having to waste our lives grinding boring MyCareer games on Rookie while listening to podcasts.

But their goal is to bore/frustrate people in to buying VC to make the grind go faster so I doubt they will scale it back.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »