Home

NBA 2K18 | Player Rating Predictions: Point Guards

This is a discussion on NBA 2K18 | Player Rating Predictions: Point Guards within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2017, 04:38 AM   #17
Rookie

DellyTrey23's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K18 | Player Rating Predictions: Point Guards

Going by the eye test it is hands down Curry. No on can shoot threes off the dribble like he can and contested. Stats however point towards Korver.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXl...i7bs4X-gc07nmA
Twitter:
https://twitter.com/Delly_Trey
Old 07-27-2017, 08:49 AM   #18
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAWereWolf65
How about we compromise and say Kyle Korver is the better spot up shooter but Curry is better at shooting off dribble and creating his shot? Would you be able to agree on that at least or are you just gonna keep saying i'm smoking something and must be high for having an opinion
Korver is not even the better spot up shooter. I don't think you have ever played basketball. Basketball is about roles. Curry can do EVERYTHING that Krover does, BUT Korver can't do nearly the same. It's not his role. Korver has a much easier and defined role. He has to wait until someone sets him up, like LeBron. Curry can be reduced to that role and would be great but it would be undermining his talents. If Curry was to simply be a spot-up shooter and take shots on the 3pt line he probably shoot 50% from 3 at least. When you look at statistic, look at all the ridiculous 3 shots Curry take from near Halfcourt and 6ft behind the line. Yet you compare to Korver, a player that primary shoots on the line, and hardly ever off the dribble. You are comparing apples to oranges and then trying to say, in your opinion one is better because of stats? It appears you don't really understand how basketball works and the dynamics of skill sets.

In a nut shell, Curry would thrive easily in Korver's role, while Korver numbers in Curry's role would plummet simply because he can't shoot off the dribble and create and he can't shoot under defensive pressure like Curry can. So saying "I think Korver is a better shooter", is not only JUST your opinion, but it's also stupid.

Last edited by MadManCometh; 07-27-2017 at 08:53 AM.
Old 07-27-2017, 09:02 AM   #19
MVP

Crossover1's Arena

OVR: 17

I agree that Curry is a better overall shooter but when the argument turns over to finishing at the rim, people will quickly use his high percentage to dispute why he is a superior finisher when compared to Kyrie. Kyrie's percentage takes a hit because of the crazy circus shots he puts up over great defenses, but stat guys will convince you Steph is the better finisher when he takes much easier layups.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 07-27-2017, 09:07 AM   #20
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManCometh
Korver is not even the better spot up shooter. I don't think you have ever played basketball. Basketball is about roles. Curry can do EVERYTHING that Krover does, BUT Korver can't do nearly the same. It's not his role. Korver has a much easier and defined role. He has to wait until someone sets him up, like LeBron. Curry can be reduced to that role and would be great but it would be undermining his talents. If Curry was to simply be a spot-up shooter and take shots on the 3pt line he probably shoot 50% from 3 at least. When you look at statistic, look at all the ridiculous 3 shots Curry take from near Halfcourt and 6ft behind the line. Yet you compare to Korver, a player that primary shoots on the line, and hardly ever off the dribble. You are comparing apples to oranges and then trying to say, in your opinion one is better because of stats? It appears you don't really understand how basketball works and the dynamics of skill sets.

In a nut shell, Curry would thrive easily in Korver's role, while Korver numbers in Curry's role would plummet simply because he can't shoot off the dribble and create and he can't shoot under defensive pressure like Curry can. So saying "I think Korver is a better shooter", is not only JUST your opinion, but it's also stupid.
It's not actually just my opinion lmao i've heard tons of people before say that they think Ray Allen and Kyle Korver are the best three point shooters of all time.

Do I think Korver is the best of all time? Nope

Do I think he's one of the best? Yes

Hell the dude shot a better percentage than curry on his pull up shots this year. Korver shot 42% on pull ups and Steph shot only 36%. Korver just doesn't have the ball handling ability

This is my last post about this and anything you say after this won't get replied to. You're not gonna change my opinion saying "Noo curry has better ball handle and off dribble shot he's shooting god korver can't do anything better than him"

Steph Curry is amazing and he never fails to amaze (except for that day when he went 0-11 on threes lol), but so is Kyle Korver

Last edited by VAWereWolf65; 07-27-2017 at 09:10 AM.
Old 07-27-2017, 09:09 AM   #21
Pro

JJRuelz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
It's not actually just my opinion lmao i've heard tons of people before say that they think Ray Allen and Kyle Korver are the best three point shooters of all time.

Do I think Korver is the best of all time? Nope

Do I think he's one of the best? Yes

Hell the dude shot a better percentage than curry on his pull up shots this year. Korver shot 42% on pull ups and Steph shot only 36%. Korver just doesn't have the ball handling ability
Sir, just take the L.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2017, 09:31 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
s

I know your not going to respond but whatever, This is leaving out volume which does matter. In terms of him shooting better he gets assisted on 97% of his 3pt shots, Steph is close to 40% below him at 61%, hes going to have that drop in efficiency. This would be like saying DeAndre Jordan is a better scorer than Lebron because he shoots a higher % and completely ignoring their roles, volume and level of defense that they see.
Old 07-27-2017, 09:39 AM   #23
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider131
I know your not going to respond but whatever, This is leaving out volume which does matter. In terms of him shooting better he gets assisted on 97% of his 3pt shots, Steph is close to 40% below him at 61%, hes going to have that drop in efficiency. This would be like saying DeAndre Jordan is a better scorer than Lebron because he shoots a higher % and completely ignoring their roles, volume and level of defense that they see.
I'll reply to you since you actually bring up a new, valid argument. You're absolutely correct that their role matters. Steph is more of a shot creator while Korver is a sharpshooter. Now saying DJ is a better scorer than Lebron is a good analogy, but i don't think the word scorer really fits.

I would say it's like saying Michael Jordan is better at layups than Shaq. Well that's hard to judge. They had different roles. If you're looking at who dominates better with his feet set in the paint, it would be shaq (korver). If you're looking at who gets to the rim and finishes better off the dribble, it would obviously be MJ (curry).

I think Korver is the better spot up shooter while Curry obviously does a better job creating his own shot
Old 07-27-2017, 10:00 AM   #24
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
I'll reply to you since you actually bring up a new, valid argument. You're absolutely correct that their role matters. Steph is more of a shot creator while Korver is a sharpshooter. Now saying DJ is a better scorer than Lebron is a good analogy, but i don't think the word scorer really fits.

I would say it's like saying Michael Jordan is better at layups than Shaq. Well that's hard to judge. They had different roles. If you're looking at who dominates better with his feet set in the paint, it would be shaq (korver). If you're looking at who gets to the rim and finishes better off the dribble, it would obviously be MJ (curry).

I think Korver is the better spot up shooter while Curry obviously does a better job creating his own shot
There are certain topics that people are so fanatical about that there is no point in having a discussion about it. It's best just to say your piece and bounce.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »