Home

NBA 2K18 | Player Rating Predictions: Point Guards

This is a discussion on NBA 2K18 | Player Rating Predictions: Point Guards within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2017, 11:44 AM   #25
Rookie

Totalpackage83's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2K18 | Player Rating Predictions: Point Guards

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManCometh
It's not that Korver takes smarter shots, he cannot take the shots off the dribble that Steph can because he's a spot up 3 shooter. Steph can dribble and generate his own 3 shot, Korver can't. Steph is on another level that Korver can only dream about.
Well give Steph a much higher 3pt shot off the dribble rating. Steph has that 99 based on reputation alone. His stats did not support it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2017, 11:49 AM   #26
Rookie

Totalpackage83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManCometh
Korver is not even the better spot up shooter. I don't think you have ever played basketball. Basketball is about roles. Curry can do EVERYTHING that Krover does, BUT Korver can't do nearly the same. It's not his role. Korver has a much easier and defined role. He has to wait until someone sets him up, like LeBron. Curry can be reduced to that role and would be great but it would be undermining his talents. If Curry was to simply be a spot-up shooter and take shots on the 3pt line he probably shoot 50% from 3 at least. When you look at statistic, look at all the ridiculous 3 shots Curry take from near Halfcourt and 6ft behind the line. Yet you compare to Korver, a player that primary shoots on the line, and hardly ever off the dribble. You are comparing apples to oranges and then trying to say, in your opinion one is better because of stats? It appears you don't really understand how basketball works and the dynamics of skill sets. In a nut shell, Curry would thrive easily in Korver's role, while Korver numbers in Curry's role would plummet simply because he can't shoot off the dribble and create and he can't shoot under defensive pressure like Curry can. So saying "I think Korver is a better shooter", is not only JUST your opinion, but it's also stupid.
In a nutshell you just sound like a Steph stan. So we should just throw the stats out because it is Steph? He made a lower percentage of his spot up 3pt shots but he is a better spot up shooter? What are you basing that on? You aren't being objective at all.
Old 07-27-2017, 12:12 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossover1
I agree that Curry is a better overall shooter but when the argument turns over to finishing at the rim, people will quickly use his high percentage to dispute why he is a superior finisher when compared to Kyrie. Kyrie's percentage takes a hit because of the crazy circus shots he puts up over great defenses, but stat guys will convince you Steph is the better finisher when he takes much easier layups.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Exactly, Curry is good at laying up, but he doesn't even attempt what Irving does at the rim because he doesn't have the ability!!
Old 07-27-2017, 12:30 PM   #28
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAWereWolf65
I'll reply to you since you actually bring up a new, valid argument. You're absolutely correct that their role matters. Steph is more of a shot creator while Korver is a sharpshooter. Now saying DJ is a better scorer than Lebron is a good analogy, but i don't think the word scorer really fits.

I would say it's like saying Michael Jordan is better at layups than Shaq. Well that's hard to judge. They had different roles. If you're looking at who dominates better with his feet set in the paint, it would be shaq (korver). If you're looking at who gets to the rim and finishes better off the dribble, it would obviously be MJ (curry).

I think Korver is the better spot up shooter while Curry obviously does a better job creating his own shot
LOL. You do know that for one to be good at shots off the dribble, then they obviously are a great spot-up shooter??

Example. Zach Lavine is a great dunker? But because you don't see him layup do you think he can't excel at that? I can assure you he's a great at laying up as well. Basketball is like branches, you don't get good at one attribute without first mastering another. It's called "developing and expanding your game." So at one point, Steph was Korver. But he expanded his game. You can't say Korver is a better spot up shooter. Steph has master that clearly, he just expanded his game to what you see today.
Old 07-27-2017, 12:31 PM   #29
Pro

JJRuelz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totalpackage83
In a nutshell you just sound like a Steph stan. So we should just throw the stats out because it is Steph? He made a lower percentage of his spot up 3pt shots but he is a better spot up shooter? What are you basing that on? You aren't being objective at all.
He's basing it on WATCHING THE GAMES.
Old 07-27-2017, 12:44 PM   #30
Rookie

Totalpackage83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJRuelz
He's basing it on WATCHING THE GAMES.
Do you know the difference between being subjective and objective? So 3pt % doesn't matter? Stats shouldn't matter in ratings? Lol I can't even continue on with this convo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 07-27-2017, 12:48 PM   #31
Banned

Quote:
So based on "Stats" Korver should be looking for a 5 yr/200mil extension ?

Listen, Korver is a spot up shooter because that's his role, in fact thats all he can do. He's a floor spacer. That's it. Steph role is obviously more dynamic. But can Steph be reduced to a spot up shooter if he wanted to? Sure he can. And I'm sure he would be better because he's a better talent. He does more because he has the talent to do more.

If you put Korver in Curry's role, his numbers would plummet. He can't do what Curry can do and never will. But you can put Curry in Korver's role and I'm sure he produces better numbers easily.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2017, 12:51 PM   #32
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

Quote:
Finally, another person who understands how numbers and statistics work

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »