Home

MyLeague Online - A Sad History, A Bleak Future

This is a discussion on MyLeague Online - A Sad History, A Bleak Future within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2017, 02:22 PM   #1
2K OL Legend

amedawg00's Arena

OVR: 15
MyLeague Online - A Sad History, A Bleak Future

The purpose of this thread is to have a constructive conversation about why 2k has failed to deliver the Myleague Offline experience, complete with contracts, a real offseason, and free agency. Madden has perfected the Online Franchise Mode for years now. Likewise, rumors abound that Live will soon implement a complete Online Franchise Mode as well. I am stunned, dissapointed, and frankly pissed that 2k has once again rolled out this inadequate online franchise mode with keeper/fantasy elements, especially after countless feedback on these very forums that the devs profess to lurk on. So after all of the feedback falling on deaf ears, I will leave it to hopefully simballer or leftos, or dave z, or brad, or any other ML 2k devs to address what the technical issues are for porting/migrating/copying offline ML to the MLO platform.

First lets look at where we came from and how far we have regressed in the Online Franchise Mode over the years. Remember when we actually had a full blown OA with contracts, free agency, and rookie draft without the fantasy keeper bs? Travel back in time and see just how crazy advanced the mode was as far back as 2k12! Straight from Erick himself. I know, I cringe to think how all of these goodies in the last gen OA has just been relagated to the ash heap of history.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/nba-2...0309123627267/

Fast forward to 2k15 Broken Leagues that lead to this extensive thread on the utter uselessness of the mode. I wont even address the 2k14 Leagues as they were so useless most OA heads remained on last gen and passed on next gen 2k14. What resulted from the thread below was a more stable MLO platform for 16 and 17, and was much appreciated. The MLO/OA community was thrilled to have the mode rescued from extinction after its glory years in last gen.

Online leagues 2k15, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Ever since 2k has provided the MLO community with a stable platform that actually works, they have preached stability over innovation. Likewise the community has patiently waited for fully fleshed out Online Franchise mode that rivals the offline iteration. We have provided feedback after feedback, constructive critcism after constructive criticisms as witnessed by these countless threads below. And yet today, as I read the "innovations and additions" to a mode that the lead developer sim baller has professed his affinity for over and over again, I cant help but be dissapointed that we must once again wait till next year in the hopes of getting a legitimate online franchise.

Basically the community simply got, team relocation, playoff gm resets, ability to practice plays, and what else for MLO? Is that it? Another year of spreadsheets for contracts, and house rules for free agency, and countless other work arounds just to get around this inauthentic and unrealistic keeper system as a means of running a franchise? What gives? Should we just give up and hope that Live replicates Madden's online connected franchises or what? What are the technical limitations? Is it a lack of a user base for MLO that prevents the devs from allocating resources to it? Are there metrics the devs would like for us to know that justifies a lack of committment to the mode?

I just want the community to opine, and hopefully get some dev responses. Obviously the feedback isn't working, and I am at my wits end advocating for a feature that will never materialize, and I have been playing in 2k leagues since 2k8. Speaking of which, remember when we had a dedicated website for managing leagues back as far back as 2k8 through 2k12? It is 2017 and it seems that the glory days of this mode are in its past and we can only hope to ever reach the pinnacle again.

I can search this forum till I'm blue in the face but below are countless feedback threads we have provided only to once again get the shaft for our beloved MLO.

Official MLO Issues

My League Online Brainstorming Session

MyLeague Online Discussion (Great dev post kickoff)

MyLeague Online offseason question

Official MLO Issues

MyLeague online is broke. This is PATHETIC.

My Lg Online

If I am the only one who is seething with today's announcements for MLO, then I would understand. But I doubt I'm the only one, so lets keep this constructive and hope to get some type of dev response about whether we will ever get a full blow MLO that rivals the offline counterpart. The beleaguered community is just seeking answers for the neglect year after year for MLO heads. I am in an MLO that is in its 10th season with the most hardcore 2k heads you will ever meet, and today's announcements for MLO, or lack there-of is just a big a punch to the face. When the community was screaming for the replacement of the keeper system with contracts and free agency, we instead get team relocation and branding for MLO? Seriously? This was a big request and feedback item for the devs regarding MLO? Sigh. Wait till next year I guess.

[XLSL SIX NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SIV NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SVI NBA 2K12 Champion]

[SCH SI NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIV NBA 2K16 Champion]

[SCH SV NBA 2K18 Champion]

Last edited by amedawg00; 07-28-2017 at 02:31 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2017, 02:27 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MyLeague Online - A Sad History, A Bleak Future

Amen.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 07-27-2017, 02:45 PM   #3
Pro

nddot's Arena

OVR: 2

Couldn't have said it better.
It's really sad how backwards they went with this mode.

Old 07-27-2017, 02:52 PM   #4
MVP

eric7064's Arena

OVR: 1

Agree 100%. I dont even do leagues with 30 users. I just want to be in the same franchise as my 3 buddies and play it out. We do 10+ madden seasons a year, 10+ show seasons (OF on that is trash as well, but better then 2k) and all we want is to be able to play together without these wonky keeper rules. We strive for realism, and that takes it all away.

Me and my buddies have patiently waited for years for Online Association to return, when it was present, we loved it. I am at the point in my sports gaming life, where playing a franchise by myself, with nobody to compete with, draft with, and share with is not fun anymore. It simply isnt.

As bad, or as subpar as NBA Live may be, I will 100% buy NBA live over 2k if it has Online Franchise. Seriously, this news today makes 2K a no buy for me.
Old 07-27-2017, 02:53 PM   #5
Rookie

UravenzownU's Arena

Preach.. hopefully one day it will be right
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2017, 02:53 PM   #6
Banned

Is there a reason why so little effort is put into the online league?

no salary cap
no draft
no free agency

they had a blended pool of free agents and rookies

we spend time creating rookie classes, but then after the draft the ratings have been completely scrambled so we have to spend hours fixing the ratings to match what they should have been

how do these things work flawlessly in the offline league, but the online league is nothing but glitches?
Old 07-27-2017, 02:55 PM   #7
Rookie

I don't get how they can put so much detail and precision into something that offline but can't copy and paste and let the sim community benefit from a working full oa with complete control and off-season features . Just don't make any sense how the "cheese" community gets whatever it wants and why ? Because they purchase stupid stuff . If that's the case make a separate dlc for online lgs . I wouldn't mind paying for something I play year round with a full 30 team LG it would be a good investment .all I want is a working oa once ....just once . The sim community voices need to be heard before live makes a comeback and u lose the sim community for good .
Old 07-27-2017, 02:59 PM   #8
Pro

nddot's Arena

Yeah the fact that we wont have a proper off season experience is unacceptable.
The keeper system is a mess. Unless there is a in depth post coming soon.... this is not looking good at all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »