Home

LEGENDS Thread - NBA 2K18 & beyond: (Accessories, jerseys, sig styles etc)

This is a discussion on LEGENDS Thread - NBA 2K18 & beyond: (Accessories, jerseys, sig styles etc) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2017, 01:19 PM   #17
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: LEGENDS Thread - NBA 2K18 & beyond: (Accessories, jerseys, sig styles etc)

I can only wish that they would stop giving everyone the large forearem band. MJ wore a smaller one and it was usually white or red (except for wearing black one briefly in 1995 and in 1995-96). The rest of the time, it should be a black band on his elbow (except for the 1997-98 season, which it was red).

Same goes for Iverson and KG. They both wore a band on the elbow (KG only wore a forearm band in his last few seasons when he was older). Seeing that large forearm band again and again just annoys me.

Also, young MJ of the 80's wore a black or MJ (red-black) knee pad/sleeve. He didn't start using the MJ pad as a calf sleeve until around 1989.

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB

Last edited by youvalss; 08-15-2017 at 01:23 PM.
Old 08-15-2017, 01:19 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by sva91
One of my biggest complaints with classic teams is how bad the uniforms look. I would assume modifying the faces would be very time consuming, but jerseys shouldn't be as time consuming. Apart from all the color inaccuracies , the numbers and font look way too small. I couldn't play with a lot of teams because it just looked so bad. Here's an example. Just compare real life Isiah with his in-game model..
It's actually worse than that in the '89 Pistons' case. Fonts and numbers are off, just as you said. But they didn't even get the correct word on the front of their road jerseys.

2K Next Gen (incorrect):

2K12 (correct):

As someone else mentioned, one of the more maddening things about some of this stuff is that it exists in proper form elsewhere in the game already. The 2016-17 Pistons had a Bad Boys era retro jersey. It was just about flawless - proper color, proper piping, proper chest plate, etc.
Old 08-15-2017, 01:24 PM   #19
MVP

daveberg's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by aloncho11
daveberg, you might want to add portlandblazer's detailed list of legend accessories to the first post:

legend team accessories

You could also include material from these threads:

Attention to detail in Jordan Challenge (Big Pics inside)

Attention to Detail in NBA's Greatest Mode

NBA 2K13 - Let's Talk About NBA Authenticity, Artistic Improvements

I recommend you add everything relevant to the first post, did this with Pared in 2011 & 2012, it keep things more ordered.

P.S. You will notice my OCD with detail in art in my posts.
Noted - thanks so much, aloncho!

On a brighter note - what are we all thinking about the new and Improved Shaq!!? Not to mention the return of a bald, Prime Mamba!!

Last edited by daveberg; 08-15-2017 at 01:31 PM.
Old 08-15-2017, 01:42 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Right on. I'll get more specific.

Carter's windmills were typically full windmills. Meaning, they had very limited break in the elbow (if any) and reached behind his body. He'd also usually hammer them in but not grab the rim (in contrast to a lot of Dominique's windmills).

Carter's Windmill reference:

Spoiler

As is well-documented, Carter's 360's were unique because they twisted clockwise. His signature 360 was the Statue of Liberty one-hander but he also frequently went with two hands as well.

Spoiler

I personally feel as though he's in need of signature alley-oops as well. That full windmill referenced above also occurred via alley on occasion.

Spoiler

It also sometimes seemed as though he was more likely to finish a lob with a reverse than standard flush. Sometimes it was off two-feet, sometimes off one:

Spoiler

And sometimes he'd just superhero a one-hander via lob:

Spoiler

He also frequently utilized a clockwise 360 layup, though more in New Jersey than Toronto:

Spoiler

A signature Carter tomahawk:

Spoiler
Absolutely. Same with his shot selection and crossover/post moves. Incredibly unique, same with Tmac. I can't even play with them on their historic teams because it just depresses me how off they are and I don't think it'll ever get changed. Their range too..

https://youtu.be/tlU_bKw4xJo

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Old 08-15-2017, 01:51 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveberg

On a brighter note - what are we all thinking about the new and Improved Shaq!!? Not to mention the return of a bald, Prime Mamba!!

Kareem has his signature Adidas
Just need to get Worthy in his New Balances

One overall wish is to get retro warmups. the benches look so naked without them

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2017, 01:54 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

aloncho11's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveberg

Great!

I really like how Shaq is looking, reminds me of his younger look (Magic & early Laker years).
Old 08-15-2017, 01:57 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Transplanting this from another thread because this seems like a nice home for it. I believe pre-2000s arena lighting is a priority for classic teams. Many of the arenas in 2K17 are currently operating in the midst of a rolling brown out.

Real life Boston Garden in '86:

2K12:

2K17:

Ideally, I'd love to see that giant void of nothingness in the upper right corner addressed (alongside the proper courtside scorers table) but to start I'd just like the arenas to be operating with full electrical output. As it stands, I can't tell if the Garden's green is really, really off or if it's just poor lighting. Though I suppose it could be a little bit of both.

As a second example, here's a look at the Palace on last gen 2K17, current gen 2K17, and real life:

Last gen 2K17 (PS3):

Current gen 2K17 (XBox1):

Real life, shown to illustrate how much of the arena was illuminated (all fans visible up to almost the top of the upper deck, in contrast to seven or so rows of the lower deck in 2K17):

The last-gen 2K17 lighting almost appears too bright but it's closer to the mark. The current lighting leaves places like the Palace, Chicago Stadium, and the Boston Garden feeling dead and cold. All the colors feel muted and shaded dark. The wood closes in on white. The crowd shrouded in black.

Last edited by VDusen04; 08-15-2017 at 02:13 PM.
Old 08-15-2017, 03:25 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 4

Seeing how they have put effort into the all-time Lakers, one can only hope they do the same for the other all time teams.

And at the very least we can hope the major players are getting love on the Pistons team.
The jerseys are an obvious easy fix, but players like Dumars and Laimbeer need an update. STAT!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »