Home

LEGENDS Thread - NBA 2K18 & beyond: (Accessories, jerseys, sig styles etc)

This is a discussion on LEGENDS Thread - NBA 2K18 & beyond: (Accessories, jerseys, sig styles etc) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2017, 04:52 AM   #401
MVP

daveberg's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: LEGENDS Thread - NBA 2K18 & beyond: (Accessories, jerseys, sig styles etc)

I'm genuinely happy for you guys that are finding glimmers of hope, I hope you enjoy the game, sincerely.

I think it's evident now, for me, that outside of the honourable mention of the obvious (2k11 & 12) 2k16 is my GOAT - I put it back in my PS4 last night and went from frowning & frustrated to being as happy as a kid in a sweet shop. I played as much 2k18 as I could yesterday and I just couldn't get on board with it. To many negatives for me, personally.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2017, 05:05 AM   #402
Pro

olajuwon34's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveberg
I'm genuinely happy for you guys that are finding glimmers of hope, I hope you enjoy the game, sincerely.

I think it's evident now, for me, that outside of the honourable mention of the obvious (2k11 & 12) 2k16 is my GOAT - I put it back in my PS4 last night and went from frowning & frustrated to being as happy as a kid in a sweet shop. I played as much 2k18 as I could yesterday and I just couldn't get on board with it. To many negatives for me, personally.
After playing it today, i may be on the same ship as you.
Old 09-16-2017, 05:41 AM   #403
Pro

Fakename22's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
Michael Jordan used to love running on a break, then using the big man close to him as a screen, shooting a wide open jumper before the defense even realized what was happening. But I doubt the CPU will ever use this tactic with Jordan.

In general, Jordan crated a lot of easy shots for himself using a quick screen, shooting before the defense switched. Imagine if CPU Jordan actually did it, it would have been amazing.
CPU Jordan can do this in the game however. Im the Lakers. All-Star difficulty.

Old 09-16-2017, 06:55 AM   #404
Pro

CD90's Arena

OVR: 5

Aaron McKie needs an update.

Left side: 2k version
Right side: How it should be

He is bald and lacking his beard since the addition of the 00-01 Sixers team.
Same on the new Alltime-Sixers.

Please 2k do some magic here
Old 09-16-2017, 10:27 AM   #405
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

I think there's quite a few players I can make that would satisfy my own standards. However, I'm really struggling with Tayshaun Prince because the game doesn't even seem to have a skin tone possibility in Create-a-Player that's close to his. This is about as close as I can get, which obviously appears completely out of place during gameplay, even when zoomed out:

I was thinking of finding another player from an All-Time team that I could re-brand as Prince. I was hoping Kerry Kittles was on the All-Time Nets because they both seem sufficiently odd looking but he's only on the 2002 team (which I don't want to break up). Any ideas of who might be a good match, skin tone included?

Otherwise, I guess I'll be holding out for a Steve Nash scenario, where 2K maybe adds Prince back in with an early roster update.

Edit: I admit I'm a little perplexed as to why there's not even a skin tone option. I guess I somewhat understand the idea behind trying to form realistic-looking random players or something, but is locked-in skin tone necessary for that? I'd have been alright with a created Prince like the one above if I could just lighten him up.

Last edited by VDusen04; 09-16-2017 at 10:36 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2017, 11:08 AM   #406
Rookie

OVR: 1

Kobe needs to be fixed on the 04/05 team he had hair. They are using the bald 2k16 Kobe scan

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-16-2017, 02:23 PM   #407
MVP

Plumdog Millionaire's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I think there's quite a few players I can make that would satisfy my own standards. However, I'm really struggling with Tayshaun Prince because the game doesn't even seem to have a skin tone possibility in Create-a-Player that's close to his. This is about as close as I can get, which obviously appears completely out of place during gameplay, even when zoomed out:

I was thinking of finding another player from an All-Time team that I could re-brand as Prince. I was hoping Kerry Kittles was on the All-Time Nets because they both seem sufficiently odd looking but he's only on the 2002 team (which I don't want to break up). Any ideas of who might be a good match, skin tone included?

Otherwise, I guess I'll be holding out for a Steve Nash scenario, where 2K maybe adds Prince back in with an early roster update.

Edit: I admit I'm a little perplexed as to why there's not even a skin tone option. I guess I somewhat understand the idea behind trying to form realistic-looking random players or something, but is locked-in skin tone necessary for that? I'd have been alright with a created Prince like the one above if I could just lighten him up.
Apparently CAP will be updated in an upcoming patch. So hopefully skin tone can be adjusted. Some guys like Prince and more notably, Barkley, are IMPOSSIBLE to replicate in the current system. I've resorted to using one of the Terry Cummings as Barkley because he resembles him in the game
Old 09-16-2017, 08:14 PM   #408
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveberg

I think I agree......2k16 is by far the best next gen 2k

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »