Home

Amazon discount

This is a discussion on Amazon discount within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2017, 04:10 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Amazon discount

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
For me Amazon is not what it used to be not even close.

RANT HERE

To me I don't know why any one would use amazon over BB any more for games. I still use amazon for some stuff but for video games BB is much better.

Wow. So, most of the points you made are pretty ridiculous.

You're charged tax at Best Buy too. You realize that?

Looks like there is a way of earning points from the prior post before mine.

Amazon doesn't have to discount games, majority of people will still buy due to convenience. Gamers Club, while it has its benefits, is an additional 1 time charge to access prices that Amazon is giving the majority of their members.

Competition allows for better prices all around and a better product, but your list seems silly! Best Buy is targeting a niche, Amazon's volume doesn't really have to do this.
Old 08-19-2017, 04:35 PM   #10
MVP

MoneyOvaHuds's Arena

OVR: 0

Best Buy >>>>>
Old 08-20-2017, 04:12 PM   #11
Rookie

CBAT's Arena

OVR: 2
Amazon discount

Thanks for the info. I only buy NBA 2k and maybe one other game per year. So the subscription cost at Best Buy wouldn't be worth it I'd imagine. Also, I use a good chunk of the Amazon Primes offerings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2017, 04:19 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyOvaHuds
Best Buy >>>>>
Things a fact. I will say, I've pre-ordered games from Amazon 3 times and two of them got delivered the day prior. I'm pre-ordering it from both just in case that happens again

Sent from my HTC Desire 626 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-20-2017, 11:37 PM   #13
Rookie

johnjimmy's Arena

paitiently Waiting for physical copy on amazon
Old 08-20-2017, 11:54 PM   #14
All-Pro

ATLBrayden's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBAT
Amazon offers a discount to prime members for pre-ordering physical copies of a game. Presently, they only allow you to pre-order the digital copy, which does not offer the discount.

Does anyone know if amazon will offer a physical copy for pre-order prior to the release date?
Definitely will be up the week before release. Madden's early edition releases tomorrow night/Tuesday midnight and they put up physical pre-orders a few days ago after offering digital only for months.

My NBA 2K19 Lakers Dynasty -https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-nba-2k19.html

PSN: GetYourSwooshOn
XBL: Gunslinger7O2
Old 08-21-2017, 12:05 AM   #15
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUNoles2009
Wow. So, most of the points you made are pretty ridiculous.

You're charged tax at Best Buy too. You realize that?

Looks like there is a way of earning points from the prior post before mine.

Amazon doesn't have to discount games, majority of people will still buy due to convenience. Gamers Club, while it has its benefits, is an additional 1 time charge to access prices that Amazon is giving the majority of their members.

Competition allows for better prices all around and a better product, but your list seems silly! Best Buy is targeting a niche, Amazon's volume doesn't really have to do this.
I don't see how most of my points are ridiculous. The things I said are true about how amazon doesn't do things like they used to do and you say how you get charged with gamers Club while you get charged with amazon prime to and it is more 100 a year compared to BB and its 30 over 2 years and yeah you can get games with free shipping but you can with BB to so who really cares about that part. The only thing on my list you could say is crazy is the streaming thing but that is more just an opinion thing the rest are more like facts. Yes competition is always good but I don't see how BB is targeting a niche at all. I also forgot to say that with BB you can also get points for posting reviews up to 5 a year so that is another thing with amazon they don't have. Amazon is still great to have because they have a lot of different things and the price for things can be good and there customer services is like top class but when it comes to video games I don't see why any one would go there any more over BB. Even if you take away the like 2 things I said that are more just opinion it still levels like 5 things that make BB much more of a money saver place. Oh I also forgot some times like 3 times or so a year I think BB will do a spend 100 with Visa checkout and save 25. So that is like another thing BB has going for it.

Last edited by Smallville102001; 08-21-2017 at 12:07 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2017, 12:06 AM   #16
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
Actually if you sign up for Amazon Prime Visa you can actually get points. Currently I'm sitting close to 200....waiting for XboxoneX for preorders to go up. The rest I agree...I remember ordering games and getting credit back. BB has this for certain games...
Oh I didn't know you could get points.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »