Home

Rockets font number way too big

This is a discussion on Rockets font number way too big within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2017, 04:47 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Rockets font number way too big

people just find the most random stuff to point out. who gives a damn?

The only thing i care about is bugs/glitches and good servers.
Old 08-30-2017, 04:48 PM   #10
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by de5m0n
people just find the most random stuff to point out. who gives a damn?

The only thing i care about is bugs/glitches and good servers.
But isn't that the problem. You care about something else. Others care about other things. Just because art details isn't up your alley, doesn't mean it doesn't matter. I don't play online, so should I say I don't care about server. I have sympathy for those with server online issues.

What if someone came along the online threads and said there are more important things to care about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTMax
Here it's at least twice the size of Rockets across the chest which is far from accurate. Please fix it 2k:
Spoiler

My guess is that the high definition website is a digital mockup while the screencapture leak of Harden sporting the jersey is the real thing in person unless of course one is the fake.

The main thing to notice is 2k's location proportion is correct based on where the numbers line up with the two side arrows. The problem is that these two arrows are stretched long in the vertical direction somewhat, causing the numbers to look stretched. Meaning, 2k may have to shrink both parts (arrows and side numbers).

Otherwise, the ratio/proportion locations are "correct," but also "wrong." simultaneously.

Because the website digital mockup doesn't even match up with the leaked Harden screenshot.

In other words, which one is the real Houston Rockets jersey?

Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing

Last edited by strawberryshortcake; 08-30-2017 at 04:53 PM.
Old 08-30-2017, 04:53 PM   #11
Rookie

Red face Re: Rockets font number way too big

Sorry you had to go through so much trouble, in any case it's stretched out / too big and looks ridiculous. Now tbh it's a horrible jersey, the font was stolen from the Pacers and doesn't match anymore and Nike managed to screw it up even worse. And this is coming from a Rockets fan. Still, it's weird that since they scanned everything that it's off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2017, 04:57 PM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Sorry you had to go through so much trouble, in any case it's stretched out / too big and looks ridiculous. Now tbh it's a horrible jersey, the font was stolen from the Pacers and doesn't match anymore and Nike managed to screw it up even worse. And this is coming from a Rockets fan. Still, it's weird that since they scanned everything that it's off.
It wasn't much trouble, but did you look at the place of the green, yellow and blue lines? My second question is is the Harden worn jersey the real one or the website white jersey the real one? Which one is the fake jersey?
Old 08-30-2017, 05:09 PM   #13
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

Quote:

Nike didn't actually design the jerseys. The teams did. Nike offers critique and suggestions, the teams have the final say and lead the design. That's why a lot of teams maintained the same designs, because they already liked what they had. So, technically Houston screwed these up lol. Nike just plasters their logo all over it and makes some minor changes.
Old 08-30-2017, 05:11 PM   #14
Rookie

Red face Re: Rockets font number way too big

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
It wasn't much trouble, but did you look at the place of the green, yellow and blue lines? My second question is is the Harden worn jersey the real one or the website white jersey the real one? Which one is the fake jersey?
Yeah though the Harden and Capela lines seems to match up, the number on Harden's starts lower and is therefore less big. It is still quite big, but Capela (2k's version) is too big. I think the proportions in general might be the problem. The mock up is probably just a bad representation of the real thing.
Old 08-30-2017, 05:13 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDucks1224
Nike didn't actually design the jerseys. The teams did. Nike offers critique and suggestions, the teams have the final say and lead the design. That's why a lot of teams maintained the same designs, because they already liked what they had. So, technically Houston screwed these up lol. Nike just plasters their logo all over it and makes some minor changes.
Not sure if that's true, but makes sense since the Rockets designers are the most amateurish ones in the league right now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2017, 05:14 PM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Yeah though the Harden and Capela lines seems to match up, the number on Harden's starts lower and is therefore less big. It is still quite big, but Capela (2k's version) is too big. I think the proportions in general might be the problem. The mock up is probably just a bad representation of the real thing.
As I mentioned above, you have to take into account the 2 side arrows are stretched pointing down. That's the problem. 2k is trying to keep the proportion the same. The numbers look stretched to ensure it matches up with the two side arrows. In other words, if they're going to fix it, they have to fix both parts.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »