Home

Worst 2K Loss That You Can Remember (Current Gen Systems So 2K14 and Up)

This is a discussion on Worst 2K Loss That You Can Remember (Current Gen Systems So 2K14 and Up) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2017, 04:00 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Worst 2K Loss That You Can Remember (Current Gen Systems So 2K14 and Up)

Worst 2K game loss that you can remember. Name the mode you were playing in, difficulty, team playing with and against, and how you lost.

Still playing 2K16 as l decided to skip 2K17 after hearing about and seeing YouTube videos of it's bad gameplay. I'm playing my career mode (superstar diff.) playing for the Timberwolves. We were currently undefeated in the season (my 4th) at 31-0 with me at PG (96 rating), Zach Lavine, Wiggins, Chris Bosh, and KAT. Mean starting 5. Had beaten the Warriors twice (no KD), the Thunder, Spurs, and Cavs in mostly blowouts.

....Then we play the Pelicans...Yes the effing Pelicans. We were up by 11 at half time. Shot over 55% but shot 36% in the 3rd. The fourth quarter hits and my teammates refused to take good shots. Every single shot they took was purposely shot in the defenders' faces and blocked every time in the last 6 minutes.

Anthony Davis was a none factor. Shot 13 shots and didn't even get 20pts but held Bosh to single digits. No this game was won by Jared freaking Sullinger who went off for almost 30pts and 10+ rebs against KAT, who was held to 2/14 fg somehow. Sullinger swatted 4 of those. Hit two 3s and shot close to 70% and was reincarnation of Kobe as he was unguardable to matter what shot he took while being double and triple teamed. I dunked on Davis 4 times but turned into JJ Barea when I came near Sullinger. My teammates kept taking the dumbest shots that I have ever seen and were getting swatted left and right by the whole Pelicans team. Lost by 3, 117-114, Davis scored 16. Guess who's player of the game....Pissed.....

Sent from my SM-G925T using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2017, 04:08 AM   #2
Rookie

Dynamite's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Worst 2K Loss That You Can Remember (Current Gen Systems So 2K14 and Up)

I remember playing in a league game, with some friends from another forum. My brother wants to play, and he's decent at 2k, so I'm not really worried. He manages to blow a 20 point lead, in a game that I really needed to win to advance.

I lost by 2. Second half margin -22, first half +20. I was really really mad.
Our purchasing power is being eroded. So especially now, the goods must be held to a standard. We end up happier as consumers, and the companies get a clear message: "We won't tolerate sub-par goods." It's a shame, no one cares to speak with their wallet.
Old 08-30-2017, 04:14 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamite
I remember playing in a league game, with some friends from another forum. My brother wants to play, and he's decent at 2k, so I'm not really worried. He manages to blow a 20 point lead, in a game that I really needed to win to advance.

I lost by 2. Second half margin -22, first half +20. I was really really mad.
Lol sorry dude. Never let him on the sticks again.

Old 08-30-2017, 11:02 AM   #4
MVP

jayman504's Arena

OVR: 5

Well the usual using the Cavs and dismantling the Nets...was up by 20 at half...3Q I believe I shot 5 of 19 from the field I mean NOTHING was dropping! Missing Shots...CPU making contact with me on every shot...no fouls being called (mind you CPU shot like 18 of 24 or something like that).

To make a long story short had JR miss a 3 at the buzzer I lose! I was SO F'N mad, I played another game right after using the Warriors at home to Brooklyn ....smashed them by 30! lol
Old 08-30-2017, 11:21 AM   #5
Pro

2k17, HOF, I'm using the Toronto Raptors against the CPU 06 heat (It was a my league with random historic teams)

I'm up 10 it's a regular game. 3 Minutes left in the whole and Derozen goes down with an injury.

Light work just clog the paint make sure wade and shaq don't get easy buckets. I'm sagging off wade just a bit with 6'10 Jonathon Isaac that I traded for, Wade dribbles in the same spot for 15 seconds as his team struggles to run a play bumping into eachother in the background, Wade says what the heck and drains a center 3.

I'm using Kyle Lowry and the cpu is running a press, I call for a screen as the CPU and I are hip riding and CPU gets hit with a screen, Kyle Lowry is still playing out his half of the animation which would have been a charging foul, so he picks up his dribble, sticks his hand out as if to complain, and drops the ball and walks away. This was a clear glitch. CPU picks the ball up I don't remember who it was but they dunked it now it's a 5 point game. with 2 minutes, I give it to Kyle Lowry again and I waste time off the clock standing at the top of the arc, the cpu presses me and I move the stick downwards slightly to put more space between us. Kyle Lowry Skates back court, turnover. 2 misses from both of us later its 1 min left, Wade Lays it up, Someone pushes down Shaq, he drains the freethrow, 2 point game. Valanciunas Misses a layup with no D. 20 Seconds left, wade Isos, Shaqs in the corner, so I help with Val, Wade kicks it out to a tired SHAQ O' Neal out of all players 2k, and he drains a Corner 3. 2 seconds left I try to run an inbound play (Never Again) Inbound it to Lowry, he gets doubled, no ones open, I chuck it up and brick.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2017, 12:50 PM   #6
Rookie

Dyslexicphish's Arena

Playing the Wizards and the CPU makes a run to tie it up. The CPU has the ball on the last possession and John Wall is just dribbling the clock out around the wing. With one second left he chucks a contested three that was about five feet outside the arc. He, of course, sinks it at the buzzer to win. If you check my avatar you can see why that one stung lol.
Old 08-30-2017, 02:49 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FixEverything2k
I'm using Kyle Lowry and the cpu is running a press, I call for a screen as the CPU and I are hip riding and CPU gets hit with a screen, Kyle Lowry is still playing out his half of the animation which would have been a charging foul, so he picks up his dribble, sticks his hand out as if to complain, and drops the ball and walks away. This was a clear glitch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FixEverything2k
20 Seconds left, wade Isos, Shaqs in the corner, so I help with Val, Wade kicks it out to a tired SHAQ O' Neal out of all players 2k, and he drains a Corner 3.
Sorry, those two made me laugh. I've had more than my share of Centers and non-3pt shooters hitting shots they have no business taking or making. But Shaq? Smh.

That Lowry glitch has happened to me to, but I had chances to get the ball back. My player repeatedly reached for the ball multiple times but the game refused to let me pick ball up like 3 or 4 times until the opponent came behind me and scooped it up. So irritating.

Old 08-30-2017, 03:05 PM   #8
Rookie

Poohdini1's Arena

I was playing one of my friends in 2K17 on HOF difficulty. I was the 2000 Lakers, he was the 2008 Celtics. I'm up 1, he's got the ball with 8 seconds left. He takes a contested jumper with Pierce, misses, then somehow Ray Allen out jumps Shaq from behind and scores off a tip in at the buzzer. Brutal.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »