Home

NBA 2K18 Run The Neighborhood Trailer and Details

This is a discussion on NBA 2K18 Run The Neighborhood Trailer and Details within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2017, 11:26 PM   #113
Pro

nyk_fatboy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K18 Run The Neighborhood Trailer and Details

not really trying to go through the whole thread lol

-overall system is basically the new version of rookie-allstar-superstar-legend and their is still a huge grind to do?

-can we improve our overall just by playing mycareer and avoid the park until were comfortable playing it? do we have to play park period to hit 99 overall?

-can we buy VC and be a 80 overall or whatever until we run out of attribute upgrades like we could in nba 2k17?
Old 08-31-2017, 11:33 PM   #114
MVP

ph33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bruce Wayne
Maybe you should wait and actually play the mode first. You might like it. If a game gets you this frustrated then it's probably better to walk away from it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
I'm not that worked up. Only thing that frustrates me is when people keep trying to tell us we should be grateful and as excited as everyone else, when all I'm doing is keeping it real while voicing my concerns. I'm not in here to say good job good effort. I'm truly wondering how my experience will improve, just the same way everybody else thinks theirs has. But apparently, my opinion doesn't matter much unless it falls in line with someone else's.

As I already said I'll see when the game comes out. But yeah, I'm not excited about Faux Locker and 1000 VC barbershops as some of you are.

Also, a lot of this discussion stemmed from zrohman's post on the previous page. All he did was voice his concern, and he got slammed for it like I am by a lot of you. But is anything he said actually wrong?

Last edited by ph33; 08-31-2017 at 11:41 PM.
Old 08-31-2017, 11:41 PM   #115
Pro

zrohman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
I can't believe this got 3 likes.

You know why 2k spent the time to implement this mode? Because of that same reaction that is baffling you.

I won't ever touch this mode but it's an amazing idea and happy for those that will. The other additions they've announced is alone more than most annual games.

Sent from my HTC Desire 626 using Operation Sports mobile app
It's this reaction now. Until the forums are later littered with complaints about long loading screen and glitches later. This is how the cycle works. I'm not upset that they added something I don't like. What I'm frustrated by, which is my right to be, is the fact they would make everything harder for me, everything more expensive, rather than letting me easily change these things in settings I have to run around to do it. I just don't think people will be happy with this in the long run, I think it's another way for them to make more money. They will start to put everything behind a vc wall. Just my personal opinion. Just like people can be hyped I can be frustrated that they are making the simplest of things like changing my hair a pain in my neck. Running through a neighborhood of casuals dressed as mascots, maybe with little yachity hair, and dancing is super entertaining for a few walks in the park. Everyone will love and laugh the idea, even I will have fun the first few times. But my opinion is this will be a pretty big burden that I have to go load a long menu and run to foot locker to change shoes. Or maybe they will only do that for the "best shoes" that cost 50k vc. Either way it's disappointing. Every right to feel that way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2017, 11:47 PM   #116
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

I have one question. How the Neighborhood work if you don't have a PlayStationPlus or Xbox Live membership. I never had one and don't really plan on it. So how it would work.
Old 08-31-2017, 11:49 PM   #117
Rookie

Sitew33's Arena

All this stuff is crazy. Not my thing but I have to admit that it is pretty impressive. They put so much into this that if they had the resources they could make this a whole other game. "2K Playground"
Old 08-31-2017, 11:55 PM   #118
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyk_fatboy
not really trying to go through the whole thread lol

-overall system is basically the new version of rookie-allstar-superstar-legend and their is still a huge grind to do?
You start at 60 and grind from there
-can we improve our overall just by playing mycareer and avoid the park until were comfortable playing it? do we have to play park period to hit 99 overall?
[From what I seen/heard. You can become 99 without having to play all modes. So I believe yes, you can get to 99 by just doing one aspect

-can we buy VC and be a 80 overall or whatever until we run out of attribute upgrades like we could in nba 2k17?
I read somewhere you can buy VC to get a 85, then after 85 you have to grind until 99
Answers in bold
Old 08-31-2017, 11:58 PM   #119
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Please tell me that there are more parks available. I don't know how this is going to work.....from the looks of it there are no more affiliations. That means EVERYONE will be in that one area just waiting to play. That's a nightmare for someone like me that just want to play a quick game.
Old 08-31-2017, 11:59 PM   #120
Pro

nyk_fatboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
Answers in bold
thank you sir

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »