Home

NBA 2k18 Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2k18 Impressions Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2017, 02:33 PM   #401
Farewell and 'ado

DocHolliday's Arena

OVR: 19

Small things.

I turned on they "voices" above players heads so the call out assignments. Really like that.

I'm astounded they didn't put the players fatigue in the quick sub menu. Who makes those decisions?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2017, 02:33 PM   #402
MVP

Trent Booty's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2k18 Impressions Thread

Playing on PS4, does anybody's game crash a lot for seemingly no reason? That and the lag in most online game modes has basically made the game unplayable for me. It's also super weird because my brother is online playing 2K at the same time as me and he doesn't lag at all or have his game crash ever.
Old 09-16-2017, 02:38 PM   #403
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent Booty
Playing on PS4, does anybody's game crash a lot for seemingly no reason? That and the lag in most online game modes has basically made the game unplayable for me. It's also super weird because my brother is online playing 2K at the same time as me and he doesn't lag at all or have his game crash ever.
On the Pro and No
Old 09-16-2017, 02:45 PM   #404
Banned

Housh123's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Well just a couple posts back someone called 3 point shooting OP...so as long as the comments are inconsistent we're good lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Only time Iv seen a lot of 3s go in has been when we've played crappy D

As expected

Old 09-16-2017, 02:50 PM   #405
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Anyone know why Xbox one captures are not recoding when I look for my screen shots through my app?

N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78

Last edited by RoyalBoyle78; 09-16-2017 at 03:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2017, 02:54 PM   #406
Rookie

bdeezy89's Arena

Crazy some people are having lag/crashing issues. Online has been perfect for me, no crazy load times or waiting forever to play on the park. I do have the disc version so maybe that's it?
Old 09-16-2017, 03:03 PM   #407
MVP

Americas Team's Arena

Thon Maker is a monster on this game, he blocks shots, shoots the jumper decent, rebounds and leads fast breaks with decent ball handling.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-16-2017, 03:04 PM   #408
Banned

mhayden614's Arena

Didn't even have to finish the first quarter before my concern was eased. I was the Bucks vs Lakers and so far LA is 1/5 and i'm 1/4. My 3's admittedly were not the best shot selection but I gave Brandon Ingram 2 open looks for 3 and one he hit and one he missed, Ball missed an open corner three. The others, for some reason Brook Lopez shot a corner 3 and Lopez shot a 3 from the center. Not sure why Brook Lopez is chucking up 3's like that.

One other cool thing I noticed was the crowd counting down the shot clock while I was on D but really there was actually like 5-6 more seconds left on the shot clock than they were counting. Don't remember hearing that in last year's game although at this point it's possible I just don't remember because this game is so good that everything with last year's game feels like a distant memory.

So I guess it was just the opponents I was playing. I do use real FG % so just like in real life, Golden State will torch you from beyond the arch if you give them any space. The more I play this game, the better it gets. I honestly feel bad for the people that are trying so hard to convince themselves this game is just the same thing it is each year and that the other game is better. I get difference of tastes and opinions but the 2 games aren't even close and if you honestly think this game doesn't feel and play better than year's past then I'm not sure what you're looking at. Every NBA 2k post they put on Facebook is filled with negative comments about how it's just the same thing as last year and whining about the servers or having to recreate their MyPlayer guy. I'm glad I don't play online or MyPlayer because if I let that stuff bother me then i'd be missing out on a great game. If you're an offline MyLeague type player like myself, then this game is incredible and the basketball equivalent of what MLB the Show is for baseball. (now if we can only get a football game on that level *don't see that happening anytime soon*)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »