Home

2k pressuring reviewers to remove low scores?

This is a discussion on 2k pressuring reviewers to remove low scores? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2017, 04:12 PM   #25
MVP

BluFu's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: 2k pressuring reviewers to remove low scores?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
No. These Sixth Axis guys themselves characterized their score as a protest vote initially. They did that. That's what caused 2K to step in. Other game reviews hit 2K for VC and they are fine because, hey, it's their review. Like I said, if you want to ding the games score, which others have, for VC, that's cool. If the VC affects your enjoyment so much that it renders the game a 3 in review, that's fine. Giving it some ridiculous score as a "protest" score is something else entirely.
You're essentially splitting hairs here. What's really the difference between these two things? Is the word "protest" upsetting to you?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2017, 04:17 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
No. These Sixth Axis guys themselves characterized their score as a protest vote initially. They did that. That's what caused 2K to step in. Other game reviews hit 2K for VC and they are fine because, hey, it's their review. Like I said, if you want to ding the games score, which others have, for VC, that's cool. If the VC affects your enjoyment so much that it renders the game a 3 in review, that's fine. Giving it some ridiculous score as a "protest" score is something else entirely.
Why can't they protest though? If they wanna to that, sure, go for it. People aren't going to protest a game for no reason ya know.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Old 09-25-2017, 04:19 PM   #27
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by swac07
That's fine if there weren't any other modes in the game. That's just like somebody giving a BF or CoD game a 3/10 because they didn't like the zombie mode....now the story mode is great the H2H multiplayer mode is great, but because he didn't agree with the zombie mode the WHOLE game is trash. It's his or her review TRUE, but it does raise an eyebrow.

This isn't a cape for 2k(If the reviewer has vc beef then that's their right) I'm just thinking what if reviewers started to take this approach with all games in the future.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk
Nearly forced micro-transactions is not the same thing as an added on game mode like Zombies... Plus everybody likes Zombies.

Old 09-25-2017, 04:24 PM   #28
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFu
You're essentially splitting hairs here. What's really the difference between these two things? Is the word "protest" upsetting to you?
Sigh...I explained it already. Whatever the case it's clearly big enough that Six Axis took down their review and amended it to remove the "protest" aspect. Everything else is the same.
Old 09-25-2017, 04:25 PM   #29
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFu
"Protest" kinda implies that the score was given out of despite, so it makes the review somewhat unfair. Some people rely on reviews, so there still have to be an ethical commitment to your readers. On a scale of 1-10, a "3" is a "don't buy" game for most people. To me, that's a complete lie. If you love basketball, I think everyone and their momma should be buy this game. VC is a sore point for some, but if a consumer doesn't care about MyCareer is it really a "3" for a review score?

The reviewer is trending on a precedent where review scores may become suspect. Personally, I want to know if the game is worth buying from a gameplay perspective, and I want it left to me to decide if the VC business model is a problem. It's a fine line he's trending. If anything, I would think it would hurt his credibility as a reviewer.
Old 09-25-2017, 04:28 PM   #30
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinsanity115
Why can't they protest though? If they wanna to that, sure, go for it. People aren't going to protest a game for no reason ya know.

They can protest. But as a site reviewing a product I'm guessing that there are some procedures they have to follow. There's a reason why they amended their review and removed the protest part while keeping everything else intact. Other sites hit 2K for VC and nothing happened with their reviews.
Old 09-25-2017, 04:32 PM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
They can protest. But as a site reviewing a product I'm guessing that there are some procedures they have to follow. There's a reason why they amended their review and removed the protest part while keeping everything else intact. Other sites hit 2K for VC and nothing happened with their reviews.
Possibly against a guideline. Or 2K threatened them in some way. Seen it happen sadly before. Saw a psychiatrist try to sue one of his patients for a bad Google review. 2K should take note of what happened to that psychiatrist (1000 1 star Google reviews after that news got out) and not escelate the issue.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2017, 04:33 PM   #32
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Well ID dont play online, so 2k trying to screw me with VC, doesnt impact me personally, because all they get from me each yr is what I pay for the standard version, but I can see why some are standing up complaining about this.
If I was a reviewer, and were to make a review right at this time, I would have to give it a low score as well, due to MyLeague and MyGM being broken, because thats the only modes I care to play.

As far as Gameplay goes, game is amazing in that regard, so if all you were to do is play play now games, you likely love this game, but I dont realy many or anyone for that matter who just plays play now against the CPU only,lol.

Seems to me now days, every game that comes out, typically needs a few patches before it really becomes playable. Sad now days this is whats its come to, compainies being able to put out games that arent a finished product, and then those who paid for the game end up being the beta testers. Honestly I wonder just how many testers these sports compaines have these days, my guess is very few, so we all end up being beta testers, that had to pay to become a beta tester,lol.

Do I think the game will be better than a 3/10, yeah, but when you have 2 of your offline modes, virtually broke and unplayable, it would be hard for me to give them to high of score.
I think eventually it will be likley a 9/10 or higher once they fix MyLeague/MyGM.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »