Home

Unable to load; Rotation Invalid

This is a discussion on Unable to load; Rotation Invalid within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2017, 07:43 PM   #1
Pro

joosegoose's Arena

OVR: 0
Unable to load; Rotation Invalid

The good: Advanced Rotations are definitely improved this year (thanks devs!). Positions are color coded for ease of reading, there are several different modes for editing (paint, role, etc), and my favorite save/load rotations. This last one especially has led me to actually use Advanced Rotations this year, compared to last year where it was simply too time consuming for the way I play MyLeague.

The bad: The save/load feature doesn't seem to work quite right. Oftentimes I load a previously saved rotation only to mysteriously get the aforementioned "unable to load" message. Last night, as a test, I saved a perfectly valid rotation and attempted to immediately load it. I still got the error, even though it was the exact same rotation I was using.

Has anyone else been getting this error, or perhaps have some insight on the situation?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2017, 01:45 AM   #2
The Real Birdman

Mikelopedia's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Unable to load; Rotation Invalid

While we all know about the CPU being unable to override them to account for foul trouble, I use Advanced Rotations for every single game I play and I dont think I could live without them. Love that they added them to Play Now, and I noticed that while not perfect or consistent, the CPU will not bring their starters back in the 4th Q of a blowout unless the lead shrinks. I do wish that they wouldnt automatically reset when you sign or release a player (even when they are on the Inactive list).
I mostly just use paint mode. Occassionally I use Role and Position mode but many times its just quicker for me to stay in Paint.
All that being said I actually havent messed with loading rotations yet. What is this used for? Carrying rotations over from another roster file? How does it work?
Gonna play around with it later.

PSN: MiiikeMarsh
Old 10-05-2017, 02:49 PM   #3
Rookie

davez's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by joosegoose
The good: Advanced Rotations are definitely improved this year (thanks devs!). Positions are color coded for ease of reading, there are several different modes for editing (paint, role, etc), and my favorite save/load rotations. This last one especially has led me to actually use Advanced Rotations this year, compared to last year where it was simply too time consuming for the way I play MyLeague.

The bad: The save/load feature doesn't seem to work quite right. Oftentimes I load a previously saved rotation only to mysteriously get the aforementioned "unable to load" message. Last night, as a test, I saved a perfectly valid rotation and attempted to immediately load it. I still got the error, even though it was the exact same rotation I was using.

Has anyone else been getting this error, or perhaps have some insight on the situation?
From Leftos: Have they tried waiting a few seconds and then loading again? There was an issue where doing save/load in quick succession would result in that error temporarily, although I thought we fixed it. In any case, it would resolve itself if you waited a few seconds for the save to complete.
Novato, CA, USA

Official MyGM / MyLEAGUE / MLO 2K19 Wish List
Old 10-05-2017, 10:06 PM   #4
Pro

joosegoose's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelopedia
While we all know about the CPU being unable to override them to account for foul trouble, I use Advanced Rotations for every single game I play and I dont think I could live without them. Love that they added them to Play Now, and I noticed that while not perfect or consistent, the CPU will not bring their starters back in the 4th Q of a blowout unless the lead shrinks. I do wish that they wouldnt automatically reset when you sign or release a player (even when they are on the Inactive list).
I mostly just use paint mode. Occassionally I use Role and Position mode but many times its just quicker for me to stay in Paint.
All that being said I actually havent messed with loading rotations yet. What is this used for? Carrying rotations over from another roster file? How does it work?
Gonna play around with it later.
I bolded the part that indicates why I largely use the save/load feature. If you save a rotation, it's quick and easy to set back up if the rotation resets after a change. I've been setting up advanced rotations for my MyLeague Wolves, and load my rotation back up after a transaction/injury causes the rotation to temporarily change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davez
From Leftos: Have they tried waiting a few seconds and then loading again? There was an issue where doing save/load in quick succession would result in that error temporarily, although I thought we fixed it. In any case, it would resolve itself if you waited a few seconds for the save to complete.
Appreciate the response Dave (and Leftos!), but unfortunately this does not describe my experiences at all. I've created and saved an 8 man rotation that does not allow me to load it, no matter what. I check every time I re-launch the game, but it never works anymore.

I've had several other saves that fail to load very often. After several attempts at troubleshooting (usually adjusting my players' minutes a bit and then re-attempting to load...perhaps this is in fact the fix of waiting a bit [though it takes minutes rather than seconds for me, and I have the game stored on an SSD] and then trying again) they will sometimes allow me to load, but it's very frequently a bit of a process to load my existing rotation saves.
Old 10-06-2017, 02:24 AM   #5
The Real Birdman

Mikelopedia's Arena

Quote:
I bolded the part that indicates why I largely use the save/load feature. If you save a rotation, it's quick and easy to set back up if the rotation resets after a change. I've been setting up advanced rotations for my MyLeague Wolves, and load my rotation back up after a transaction/injury causes the rotation to temporarily change.
So you can load the saved rotation even if the roster changes? I'm assuming it only works if the changes were to players with zero minutes?

PSN: MiiikeMarsh
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2017, 04:49 PM   #6
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Quote:

Appreciate the response Dave (and Leftos!), but unfortunately this does not describe my experiences at all. I've created and saved an 8 man rotation that does not allow me to load it, no matter what. I check every time I re-launch the game, but it never works anymore.

I've had several other saves that fail to load very often. After several attempts at troubleshooting (usually adjusting my players' minutes a bit and then re-attempting to load...perhaps this is in fact the fix of waiting a bit [though it takes minutes rather than seconds for me, and I have the game stored on an SSD] and then trying again) they will sometimes allow me to load, but it's very frequently a bit of a process to load my existing rotation saves.
I have run into the same problem with the advanced rotations. I had a player get injured and go out for a few weeks, so I saved the regular rotation before adjusting it -- now he's back and I can't get any of the rotations I saved to load. I've even gone into a different save file with the same roster, saved that rotation, and then tried to load it.

"Failed to load; rotation was invalid"

The above is the message I get for every single rotation I try to load that I've saved. Quite frustrating.
Old 11-01-2017, 10:39 PM   #7
Pro

joosegoose's Arena

From the Patch 1.05 notes:
  • Fixed an issue where a valid Advanced Rotation would fail to load within the Rotation Timeline menu.

This thread just about immediately died out (I'm partly at fault for that) but the team made sure to get it fixed. A big thank you!!!
Old 11-03-2017, 05:54 AM   #8
Rookie

Still no auto adjustments on foul troubles and blowouts which sucks for me

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »