Home

I guess there's another update coming later today ("slight buff to layup success")

This is a discussion on I guess there's another update coming later today ("slight buff to layup success") within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2017, 05:08 PM   #81
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: I guess there's another update coming later today ("slight buff to layup success"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudanmalkovich
the update has finally dropped.
not only did they mess up with shooting, but they also f****ed up the speed.

why the hell does the game speed always change with every update?? what kind of filthy magic is this?
Speed? Is it faster or slower? I wouldn't worry about it since it goes back to normal in a stealth update.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2017, 05:09 PM   #82
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: I guess there's another update coming later today ("slight buff to layup success"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolenceFight
Might want to tell that to Montay Ellis, Patrick Ewing, and the plethora of top players that have missed literal wide open layups. With the game on the line, no less.

Can we stop the "These are pro players so this shouldn't happen" argument? Every single time it leads to actual evidence of it occurring in actual real life games. It's a dumb argument that is super flawed.

Edit: https://youtu.be/9XUPJV_PJv0

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Damn Utah with the missed layup lol

But I agree... It's such a flawed logic. I'm really tired of seeing it. Especially from these My Park guys..... Me me me.... That's all they care about.

Really happy to see LeBron misses those too.

Last edited by jeebs9; 10-18-2017 at 05:15 PM.
Old 10-18-2017, 05:11 PM   #83
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by killakrok
I don't get how they can do this so early after explicitly saying that they wouldn't do it like they did last year.

People were missing layups because:

1. The layup timing changed and most people wouldn't know that unless they seek out the information or play enough to figure it out. Once they do and practice it, the layup %s will go up.

2. People are starting the game with players that have low ratings, as those ratings get higher over time and those players get more badges the percentages will naturally go up. Same thing with MyTeam, the average player right now is much lower rated than it will be in a month when better cards come out, which means we will have buffed layup success AND much better players throwing the balance off again.

3. Using the right stick is a HUGE difference from using just the button, which most causal players complaining about this are probably using. Using the right stick gives you animations that you don't get with the button that often avoid contests completely, making it so you don't have to adjust release timing caused by a contest, and also avoids the lower % caused by the contest altogether thus increasing the success %.

4. There is also no layup meter, only a vibration, which many people may not know exists if they play with vibration off, like I did. They may not know what the vibration means since vibrations were previously used for player contact and bumps that happen in the same context that the new vibrations happen in. They may also not know if the vibration means they are supposed to release the shot AT the vibration or AFTER the vibration, with no shot feedback to calibrate to.

5. The game JUST came out. the percentages should be as low as they will be right now and naturally go up as people get better, buffing them now means that peoples players, cards, and skills will get better over time, throwing it out of balance the other way in the long run.
All Facts here!!
Old 10-18-2017, 05:18 PM   #84
Pro

sudanmalkovich's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
Speed? Is it faster or slower? I wouldn't worry about it since it goes back to normal in a stealth update.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
it's got slower this time but I see that unusual 2x speed boost way more than before. what I hate about this inconsistent game speed is that it changes the timing of control. very annoying.

Last edited by sudanmalkovich; 10-18-2017 at 05:20 PM.
Old 10-18-2017, 05:39 PM   #85
Rookie

CajN345's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I was just asking if there was a buff to layups or if people just got better...and this confirms it...people actually took the time to learn timing and got better......and now we're buffing it.....as well as shooting. Smh.

If Mike does this he needs to tone down fouls on contests man, or buff contests at the rim altogether.....seriously....how do we protect the rim?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
I brought all my foul sliders down to 50/50...out of the box everything is foul

PSN: ImmortalCajN345
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2017, 07:55 PM   #86
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Game is playing cool . Lot of tough shots going down but it’s not causing us to lose.

Wish my SF with defense secondary would get more blocks. I rarely jump ( almost exclusively hands up ) but when I do it’s like an automatic foul.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 10-18-2017, 08:03 PM   #87
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
Game is playing cool . Lot of tough shots going down but it’s not causing us to lose.

Wish my SF with defense secondary would get more blocks. I rarely jump ( almost exclusively hands up ) but when I do it’s like an automatic foul.
Only fair they give us more leeway on defense after these buffs. Show us some love on defense 2K....got me over here shook to press Y, lol
Old 10-18-2017, 08:05 PM   #88
MVP

Koosa1027's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudanmalkovich
the update has finally dropped.
not only did they mess up with shooting, but they also f****ed up the speed.

why the hell does the game speed always change with every update?? what kind of filthy magic is this?
I said something about game speed in another thread, I thought I was going crazy but now I see im not the only one that noticed this!

~Koosa10:27~
SIM is a MINDSET...Don't cheat the game and you'll get better results ~Koosa10:27~

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »