Home

'Zig Zagging' to be addressed in Patch 5

This is a discussion on 'Zig Zagging' to be addressed in Patch 5 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-25-2017, 03:45 PM   #1
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
'Zig Zagging' to be addressed in Patch 5

Wanted to put this out there so everyone has eyes on it. Mike addresses 'stealth changes', zig zagging and plans for future shooting changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
Just to put your minds at ease, we haven't been making any stealth changes to gameplay. 99% of the time, those update messages are roster changes (shoes, accessories, injuries, ratings, etc.) Once in a blue moon it's an ACE update. I believe I've tweeted about every change I've made to shooting (of which there were only a couple, layup buff for example.)

There's one more change incoming with Patch 5 that might alter shooting effectiveness (depending on your playstyle.) And that's the over-dribbling shooting fatigue adjustment... aka. anti-zig-zag cheese. The new motion system essentially "broke" our left/right detection so we had to implement it a different way. Hopefully when the patch drops, I have it tuned to where it's only noticeably affecting the actual cheesers, but there's a chance I was too strict and would need to dial the shot penalties back some. After that, shooting will be locked down for the rest of the year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2017, 04:01 PM   #2
Rookie

Bandeazyy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 'Zig Zagging' to be addressed in Patch 5

Soooo basically there's no reason to get used to any particular jumpshots since they will be messed with until he gets the "balance" right...which means until 2k19 comes out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-25-2017, 04:02 PM   #3
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Wanted to put this out there so everyone has eyes on it. Mike addresses 'stealth changes', zig zagging and plans for future shooting changes.

Hopefully the change does infact work as it is intended, I have never been much of an online player but have been doing walk on proam games recentely and the zig zag cheese is fustrating.
Old 10-25-2017, 04:04 PM   #4
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandeazyy
Soooo basically there's no reason to get used to any particular jumpshots since they will be messed with until he gets the "balance" right...which means until 2k19 comes out.

Not sure how you got that from his comment.
Old 10-25-2017, 04:08 PM   #5
Banned

Miggyman's Arena

will this patch 5 drop this week?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2017, 04:14 PM   #6
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:

....I thought only Tsu Surf reached that hard...

...I echo the sentiment of Coolcras: "Not sure how you got that conclusion from that post".

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

PSN: ViolenceFight
Instagram: @ViolenceFight
Old 10-25-2017, 04:14 PM   #7
Rookie

Bandeazyy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
Not sure how you got that from his comment.

Because he's been saying the same thing since 17. Left right cheese has been there for a long time and the issues mainly lies with the effect of the screen that causes your defender to be way out of position and no way to recover to contest the shot. I understand the fact they are replicating modern nba on the uses of screens but is way too exaggerated. When do you see nba players get slam down by a screen like what a HOF brick wall center/pf can do? Its not really a problem for me personally but it does effect a lot of people when the screens will literally pull you way out of position.

Old 10-25-2017, 04:26 PM   #8
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Because he's been saying the same thing since 17. Left right cheese has been there for a long time and the issues mainly lies with the effect of the screen that causes your defender to be way out of position and no way to recover to contest the shot. I understand the fact they are replicating modern nba on the uses of screens but is way too exaggerated. When do you see nba players get slam down by a screen like what a HOF brick wall center/pf can do? Its not really a problem for me personally but it does effect a lot of people when the screens will literally pull you way out of position.

They nerfed it in 16. It was no longer a viable option. Came back with brick wall in 17.

Screens are an issues, but it's also defensive responsiveness.

All of that aside: Not once was jumpshot discussed in that post. That's why your comment makes no sense in context. It's like we're talking about shoes and you reference your car.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

PSN: ViolenceFight
Instagram: @ViolenceFight

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »