Home

Lets fix some legitimate issues in Patch 7 2k

This is a discussion on Lets fix some legitimate issues in Patch 7 2k within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-29-2017, 08:49 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Lets fix some legitimate issues in Patch 7 2k

Not sure if people are experiencing this in other game modes but a handful of the competitive pro am community have pointed some issues out in the game mode. Some of these have been lingering for a while now. Just a few are listed below.

1. Bigs are back to holding ‘B’ under the basket to get position and counter being boxed out in the paint. This issue was resolved in 2k16 but now it’s back in 2k18. It’s way worse this year with the high scoring paint success and contact dunks happening so often.

2. Teams/Players are allowed to call timeouts when they don’t have full possession of the ball or when they’re on the verge of turning it over. Needs to be addressed immediately.

3. The “snatchback” animation needs a huge nerf. It’s almost a guaranteed ankle breaker every time you do it. Not to mention it creates wayyyy too much space and it’s damn near an automatic green when done. This move is super effective with non playmaking archetypes and bigs.

4. Paint Defense is still terrible….Games are full of Slashing Rebounders taking turns dunking on each other.

5. The Blow By animations needs a fix as well. Players are just able to turbo down the court and bully their way to the basket with ease. Even players with no weight and strength do this successfully. This is one of the main reasons why the ‘5 Out’ offense is super effective.

6. ‘Walking Size Ups’ activate when they’re not supposed to. I don’t even know the point of these but it has thrown dribbling out of sync at times. Instead of hitting a rhythm dribble your player will constantly do a random animation instead (hesitation dribble, in & out dribble move).

These are a select few that I’ve experienced or seen constantly talked about on twitter. 2k hasn’t acknowledged any of these yet but hopefully it gets looked into.

Last edited by Korrupted; 11-29-2017 at 08:58 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2017, 08:59 AM   #2
MVP

jk31's Arena

Re: Lets fix some legitimate issues in Patch 7 2k

7. Proam games on PC will end with an error everytime right after both Teams arrive at the Stadium.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 11-29-2017, 09:07 AM   #3
Rookie

shayellis's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korrupted
Not sure if people are experiencing this in other game modes but a handful of the competitive pro am community have pointed some issues out in the game mode. Some of these have been lingering for a while now. Just a few are listed below.

1. Bigs are back to holding ‘B’ under the basket to get position and counter being boxed out in the paint. This issue was resolved in 2k16 but now it’s back in 2k18. It’s way worse this year with the high scoring paint success and contact dunks happening so often.

2. Teams/Players are allowed to call timeouts when they don’t have full possession of the ball or when they’re on the verge of turning it over. Needs to be addressed immediately.

3. The “snatchback” animation needs a huge nerf. It’s almost a guaranteed ankle breaker every time you do it. Not to mention it creates wayyyy too much space and it’s damn near an automatic green when done. This move is super effective with non playmaking archetypes and bigs.

4. Paint Defense is still terrible….Games are full of Slashing Rebounders taking turns dunking on each other.

5. The Blow By animations needs a fix as well. Players are just able to turbo down the court and bully their way to the basket with ease. Even players with no weight and strength do this successfully. This is one of the main reasons why the ‘5 Out’ offense is super effective.

6. ‘Walking Size Ups’ activate when they’re not supposed to. I don’t even know the point of these but it has thrown dribbling out of sync at times. Instead of hitting a rhythm dribble your player will constantly do a random animation instead (hesitation dribble, in & out dribble move).

These are a select few that I’ve experienced or seen constantly talked about on twitter. 2k hasn’t acknowledged any of these yet but hopefully it gets looked into.
Numbers 3 and four are the bane of Pro Am to me.

That snatchback is like the hesitation move I think in 2k7 or 2k9 where it would make the defender lose control everytime. Everytime someone does a snatchback 2k exgerrates the seperation and you know the shots going in. Also its funny how the offense can stop on a dime but defenders are subject to momentum
Old 11-29-2017, 09:19 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayellis
Numbers 3 and four are the bane of Pro Am to me.

That snatchback is like the hesitation move I think in 2k7 or 2k9 where it would make the defender lose control everytime. Everytime someone does a snatchback 2k exgerrates the seperation and you know the shots going in. Also its funny how the offense can stop on a dime but defenders are subject to momentum
I have a pure lockdown defender and have definitely been victimized by this more than once by someone I'm shutting down up to that point. Badges don't seem to matter.

How do you do the move anyway?
Old 11-29-2017, 09:20 AM   #5
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Ugh... that B button under the basket is back? This game is already contact dunk crazy....with this cheap tactic it makes playing defense useless.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2017, 09:59 AM   #6
MVP

Thetruth9012's Arena

Number 4 and holding screen button in the paint are the most impprtant to me.

Wysłane z mojego LG-H525n przy użyciu Tapatalka

Bigs can cover to much ground on defense(they are too fast)

Late contest on laups matter too much.

Random blocks doing pumpfakes.

Leaning shots for guys who have catch and shoot badge should be removed.
Old 11-29-2017, 10:07 AM   #7
Rookie

3ShowTime2's Arena

If the eLeague wants to start successfully next near 4) has to be fixed. Im already falling asleep when the 7'3'' behemoths start postbullying their way to the ring and get an automatic turnaround dunk. So boring...to watch
Old 11-29-2017, 11:33 AM   #8
MVP

I remember when the game was released in demo form and found the ACE OTF Menu didn't work and people where like they are going to fix it, they are aware of the problem.

Now we are 2 dev cycles in and about 20patches and these dudes haven't fixed it at all. I don't have any confidence in this dev team at this point. Don't want to hear about how good this game is, because it's not. It is a very, very average game.

Last edited by Impetuous65; 11-30-2017 at 08:40 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »