Home

Comeback code is a joke

This is a discussion on Comeback code is a joke within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-29-2018, 09:44 AM   #25
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Comeback code is a joke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboyfan_19
Why should these threads stop? I'm not saying there's a "comeback code", but there's definitely artificial momentum in this game that tries to trigger when one team goes up by 8-12 points.

Most of the people complaining have been playing 2k for years & this isn't new to them. I personally began noticing the phony momentum system in 2k14. You're better off spotting your opponent a 10 pt. lead to start the game because if you dominate too early, 2k punishes you by giving the other team fake momentum that potentially allows them back in the game if they're a decent enough player.

Or are we just supposed to forcefully accept that it's "realistic" and that "basketball is a game of runs"?

And to those people saying that we're "laying off the gas".........No, quite the opposite. I play harder once I'm in the lead because I want to destroy my opponent by 20 every game.
hahahahaha I can't anymore... I just can't.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
So you decided to ignore all the responses even the video from DaCzar who works for 2k saying there is none.
Yup....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2018, 10:28 AM   #26
Rookie

MDSavageBeast's Arena

OVR: 0

Back in college during the 2K11 years, I was considered the GOAT because no lead was safe with me. I had this saying where "GOATs make adjustments" and that's what I did to comeback every single time. Putting a started on the bench, reaching for the depths of the roster to see if I can find a spark. Changing defenses (back when the 1-3-1 zone was king). Pushing the pace, slowing the offense down.... Any real hooper know that momentum swings are part of the game and they happen. But a real hooper also knows how to be a student of the game. The game isn't cheating you, you're cheating yourself if you think you're supposed to win by 20 or 30 every game. That ain't even fun. The tight games are the most rewarding wins.

Stop complaining and get ya weight up.
Old 01-29-2018, 11:19 AM   #27
Rookie

Yes! No! Maybe?!

I made i quick test. Played "Play Now" Detroit vs Detroit, 8 min. on Pro and controlled only the C. At the start of the 4th (up by 16) i switched to SS and I changed for both:

-Pass accuracy, ball.sec and ball handling to 0
-body-up sens. to 100
(to test the ai turnovers)

I won the game 72-59, with 7 turnovers (2 by me), 0 steals and 1 FT in the 4th. The cpu with 0 turnovers, 3 steals and 5 FT in the same time. In NBA 2K16 with the pass accuracy to 0 the ai makes a lot more turnovers.

Next game...
Old 01-29-2018, 12:05 PM   #28
Pro

dramachild11's Arena

OVR: 7

There is no cheat code, I'll give the benefit of the doubt and say that the people who create these threads do know basketball and actually watch it as more than just a casual observer but that's probably a stretch, it seems to me that this nonsense has more to do with how and to who these people are losing, 20 point leads in basketball are like 10 point leads in football which is to say that they mean next to nothing given that there is enough time on the clock... so rose had an outlier game making threes, these things happen and people really have to remember that there are 82 games in a year and to stop forgetting that this is a video game after all
Old 01-29-2018, 12:12 PM   #29
MVP

There is definitely a comeback formula in my team, I can't speak for other modes
Old 01-29-2018, 01:25 PM   #30
Rookie

Wink Re: Comeback code is a joke

Wow. I have found how the comeback code works!!

Link
Old 01-29-2018, 01:58 PM   #31
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelow777
Wow. I have found how the comeback code works!!

Link
It's funny weren't they ranked second to the Celtics?

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2018/01/1...back-wins-nba/

Spoiler

It's crazy... every year the same thread. Every year we post great examples. And still the thread comes alive no matter what we do.

Last edited by jeebs9; 01-29-2018 at 02:04 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2018, 03:32 PM   #32
Pro

I disagree that there's a comeback code in the game.

Now I am not trying to toot my horn, but I play on HOF with 11 minute quarters. I played against the Rockets in Playnow Saturday night; they were up by 11 going into the fourth quarter. I won by 5, and that was on HOF.

So, if anything, that should've been prevented. I wish people would post games so we could have an intelligent convo instead of the pro, "there's a comeback code in this game and been proof for years." And I know I sound like the typical OS "get better" speech, but there's two sides to every story.

I'd be happy to post a game on HOF if necessary.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »