Home

Comeback code is a joke

This is a discussion on Comeback code is a joke within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-29-2018, 03:44 PM   #33
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Comeback code is a joke

"Basketball is a game of runs"

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

-Allen Iverson
Old 01-29-2018, 03:47 PM   #34
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

Not trying to be rude, but the people every year who complain about these fake codes and all that nonsense are the ones who never call plays or timeouts.

If you're up 20 and your bench is in, against the starters for the CPU and they hit a couple shots and cut it to 15..take a time out. If they cut it to 10 take another one and get your starters in and slow the pace.

It's that arcade mode stuff where people lose games and even if it's working this game is smarter than people give it credit for and there will be adjustments made. It's up to you to play that chess match and counter it.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

-Allen Iverson
Old 01-29-2018, 10:51 PM   #35
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenzariczny
Doesn't matter how big of lead you have. The CPU is coming back and winning. two games in a row now with a 20 point lead at one point and the CPU is all of the sudden putting up 38-23, 40-24 fourth quarters on me. One time it was the freaking Bulls. What is with this? is there a way to disable it?
I do agree with you to a point. The CPU seems to go into Superman mode when down big. Past 2k games had it but I'd say 18 seems a bit more obvious .

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2018, 11:16 PM   #36
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelow777
Wow. I have found how the comeback code works!!

Link

Yep, the Pacers have definitely found the comeback code this yr

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 01-30-2018, 11:10 AM   #37
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9

It's crazy... every year the same thread. Every year we post great examples. And still the thread comes alive no matter what we do.
Some people just need to learn to take that L.

Just once I'd like to see one of these people post video of their games. But they won't, because that would show better gamers how flawed they are as players.
Old 01-30-2018, 11:34 AM   #38
Pro

TheDuggler's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDC
Just once I'd like to see one of these people post video of their games. But they won't, because that would show better gamers how flawed they are as players.
I'd like to see OS institute a rule on the forums that if you're making a thread about gameplay you need to provide some examples. I have a feeling some players lose a game and just get so heated they run here and start talking trash about the game being unfair.

We've all seen the threads where guys are losing their mind because Andre Roberson or Tony Allen hit multiple threes in a game
Old 01-30-2018, 03:56 PM   #39
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDuggler
I'd like to see OS institute a rule on the forums that if you're making a thread about gameplay you need to provide some examples. I have a feeling some players lose a game and just get so heated they run here and start talking trash about the game being unfair.

We've all seen the threads where guys are losing their mind because Andre Roberson or Tony Allen hit multiple threes in a game

I'll say this. The cpu "comeback" algorithm or whatever we'd like to call it, I definitely saw Jordenesqe comebacks by teams that should not have the ability. I just call it "feeling cheap" I understand NBA are all pros, but I remember playing with my "dream team" ( a team I created in my GM ) and I had guys like Kobe, Jordan, Kemp etc and I was getting beat by teams that were probably rated under 80 in nearly all positions and I was playing on All Star. Guys swishing 3's who were under 60 from 3 point range left and right. I honestly had moments where random players just started moving like superman and just ran around me. I'd like to point out, this was at launch of the game. The patches seemed to have affected the "momentum" and I don't think it's as noticable. Call it comeback code or what, but I do think it's a valid point because as a 2K guy my whole life, for me, it just seemed more scripted this time around. The comebacks on the old games just seemed more natural. It's not something we can really point out or decipher adn put into words, but it does feel cheap on nba 2k18. But again, I think it was alleviated a bit in the final patches we got.
Old 01-30-2018, 08:02 PM   #40
Pro

TheDuggler's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
I'll say this. The cpu "comeback" algorithm or whatever we'd like to call it, I definitely saw Jordenesqe comebacks by teams that should not have the ability. I just call it "feeling cheap" I understand NBA are all pros, but I remember playing with my "dream team" ( a team I created in my GM ) and I had guys like Kobe, Jordan, Kemp etc and I was getting beat by teams that were probably rated under 80 in nearly all positions and I was playing on All Star. Guys swishing 3's who were under 60 from 3 point range left and right. I honestly had moments where random players just started moving like superman and just ran around me. I'd like to point out, this was at launch of the game. The patches seemed to have affected the "momentum" and I don't think it's as noticable. Call it comeback code or what, but I do think it's a valid point because as a 2K guy my whole life, for me, it just seemed more scripted this time around. The comebacks on the old games just seemed more natural. It's not something we can really point out or decipher adn put into words, but it does feel cheap on nba 2k18. But again, I think it was alleviated a bit in the final patches we got.
This is more or less exactly what I am talking about when I say we need more info to have a constructive discussion.

If you have created a dream team and are losing to a team rated under 80 overall, that really seems like a user issue and not something wrong with the game.
The idea that a team "shouldn't have the ability" to make a comeback is just silly and has no place in a basketball simulation.

Do you have any recorded footage of underrated players suddenly becoming dominant in unrealistic ways? If you are playing on PS4 or Xbox the console literally records everything for you, you just need to hit the save button.

I know from my own experience when a team is making a comeback usually they are throwing different things at me, or exploiting a matchup that maybe they weren't before. Most of the time its me playing poor defence or not calling a timeout to retool/break momentum.

ACE isn't perfect, but its come a long way in creating challenging gameplay without being cheap.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »