Home

As an offline player only, is NBA 2K18 a fairly substantial upgrade over 2K17 in term

This is a discussion on As an offline player only, is NBA 2K18 a fairly substantial upgrade over 2K17 in term within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2018, 10:27 PM   #9
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: As an offline player only, is NBA 2K18 a fairly substantial upgrade over 2K17 in

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuddyHobbs
As an offline player only, is NBA 2K18 a fairly substantial upgrade over 2K17 in terms of gameplay, MyGM, and MyLeague mode?

Currently on sale for $19.99
I think 18 plays a lot better than 17 specially offline. However for me, 17 is the worst 2k game they made this gen.

But back to 18. I have some customized sliders and imo that is the key for this game and the amount of depth 18 has in insanely good and it's a very smooth game of bball. Defensively it was terrible at launch but was tweaked with multiple patches and now solid. Today I had an awesome game between the 86 Bulls and the 2013 Miami Heat and it was very exciting and realistic matchup. Very realistic stats. The old bulls pushed the heat around physically with guys like Oakley and Woolridge and of course Jordan. But LeBron was too much for the slower Bulls. 18 seems to play a little slower too. And I like that.

18 is a great offline game no doubt. However , for this gen my vote goes to NBA 2k16

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited by GisherJohn24; 06-17-2018 at 10:31 PM.
Old 06-18-2018, 06:18 PM   #10
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20
Thumbs down Re: As an offline player only, is NBA 2K18 a fairly substantial upgrade over 2K17 in

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuddyHobbs
As an offline player only, is NBA 2K18 a fairly substantial upgrade over 2K17 in terms of gameplay, MyGM, and MyLeague mode?

Currently on sale for $19.99
Gameplay: HUGE upgrade. Easily the best in the series imo. I've put over 200 hours into this game (which is a lot for a game for me) and that's easily double what I've put into the last few iterations of 2k

MyGM: Has a story mode now. Can't speak to how good it is as I've never touched it

MyLeague: Sort of close to the same as 2k17, with some nice upgrades

My advice:

Get the game if you don't plan on getting 2k19 at launch in 2.5 months.

Get the game if you plan on throwing a ton of hours at it between now and 2k19.

Don't get it if you are planning on getting 2k19 at launch.

If I was in your shoes and didn't have the game already? I'd grab it because I'm not planning on getting 2k19 at launch this year.
Old 06-19-2018, 10:20 AM   #11
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: As an offline player only, is NBA 2K18 a fairly substantial upgrade over 2K17 in

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
Gameplay: HUGE upgrade. Easily the best in the series imo. I've put over 200 hours into this game (which is a lot for a game for me) and that's easily double what I've put into the last few iterations of 2k

MyGM: Has a story mode now. Can't speak to how good it is as I've never touched it

MyLeague: Sort of close to the same as 2k17, with some nice upgrades

My advice:

Get the game if you don't plan on getting 2k19 at launch in 2.5 months.

Get the game if you plan on throwing a ton of hours at it between now and 2k19.

Don't get it if you are planning on getting 2k19 at launch.

If I was in your shoes and didn't have the game already? I'd grab it because I'm not planning on getting 2k19 at launch this year.
anyone on this forum who loves nba 2k will get nba 2k19 on day 1. just saying. lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2018, 06:25 PM   #12
Rookie

blazenmusic20's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
anyone on this forum who loves nba 2k will get nba 2k19 on day 1. just saying. lol

I’m playing on PC. I began to hate 2K on console, but the modding on PC has brought me back. I feel like I’m already playing 2K19. For the first time ever I’m not even looking forward to the “prelude” or 12am releases. I’ll likely pick up 2k19 a couple months after release. Maybe later. They’d have to introduce some new jaw dropping gameplay feature that I can’t miss out on for me to get it at release (which is unlikely).

I say get the game while on sale. Especially on PC. There’s a dedicated modding community that has and will be providing a huge lifeline to the game for a few more months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »