Home

NBA 2K19 TRIANGLE System

This is a discussion on NBA 2K19 TRIANGLE System within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2018, 11:49 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K19 TRIANGLE System

Jofri- I really liked a previous post of yours in another thread regarding integrating a “triangle set”. Should def be posted in here too I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-03-2018, 04:10 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 8

I am waiting for the playbook updates to post what I’ll be using for this years game. There are quite a few non triangle sets with triangle principles. I don’t call them often but with the AIs ability to adapt to freelance and the ‘go-to’ triangle plays you need to use counters. There were quite a few in 2k15 and 16 so hopefully we can add some of those back in addition to some new plays from the 5 series. There are also plays that for some reason have to be added back after the game is launched but I’ve told Czar which ones those are already.
Old 10-03-2018, 04:22 PM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoFri
I have yet to master the iso and post moves, so havent play much with the Triangle. I also notice Cpu double the post a lot and well, not much space to work on those moves.

The modern offense with heavy Pnr actions attract less double team though. I dun quite like running Pnr unless I have Kobe and Gasol in the game with Odom, Bynum squad. What are some of the tips ya play in post game/iso game in the triangle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually like the double teams this year. Best ever. I want teams to double. With the spacing in the offense I always get an open shot off the second pass if not the first pass out of a double team. Tip: know where your players hot zones are. I call post and iso plays for my stars and make sure the other plays are in good positions. For example: with Harry in the game for the 01 Lakers I have no problem running a simple strong side entry strong side fill with Fisher ending up in the left corner Fox on the wing Horry on top. Shaq or Kobe and either be down on the post on the weakside. Depending on who’s hot I put one of them in the low post for the entry pass. With that alignment I have 3 three-point shooters in there hot zones with another strong player on the weakside occupying the defense. Double me if you want lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2018, 04:27 PM   #12
MVP

I would also suggest getting familiar with the advanced controls like give n go, handoff/pitch, icon lead passing. Since we don’t have set counters you’ll need to react to the dynamic reads your AI teammates make. We’re in God mode as Cazr puts it so at least we can see everything
Old 10-03-2018, 09:17 PM   #13
Pro

JoFri's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by taildog
I actually like the double teams this year. Best ever. I want teams to double. With the spacing in the offense I always get an open shot off the second pass if not the first pass out of a double team. Tip: know where your players hot zones are. I call post and iso plays for my stars and make sure the other plays are in good positions. For example: with Harry in the game for the 01 Lakers I have no problem running a simple strong side entry strong side fill with Fisher ending up in the left corner Fox on the wing Horry on top. Shaq or Kobe and either be down on the post on the weakside. Depending on who’s hot I put one of them in the low post for the entry pass. With that alignment I have 3 three-point shooters in there hot zones with another strong player on the weakside occupying the defense. Double me if you want lol

With 2K19, I envision I will be running alot of freelance with change of Primary Focus (play through different player, not necessary through the Star player all the time) every few possessions and call Iso play before end of quarter. I like to work on the lower block and pinch post while waiting for the off-ball movements on better scoring opportunities. So, this is the part I'm not confident with the execution yet.

Besides the handoff/pitch pass, I think the Y-cut technique can be handy too (but I never use that in previous 2K, abit cheesy Imo).

Old 10-04-2018, 12:47 AM   #14
Rookie

jgreengutta's Arena

a lot of plays were taken out but there's still some from VANNWOLFHAWK plays fro 2k18
Old 10-04-2018, 07:42 PM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoFri
With 2K19, I envision I will be running alot of freelance with change of Primary Focus (play through different player, not necessary through the Star player all the time) every few possessions and call Iso play before end of quarter. I like to work on the lower block and pinch post while waiting for the off-ball movements on better scoring opportunities. So, this is the part I'm not confident with the execution yet.

Besides the handoff/pitch pass, I think the Y-cut technique can be handy too (but I never use that in previous 2K, abit cheesy Imo).

Very cheesy...and that’s why Sam Pham made a video about it a few years ago lol
For the last minute or two of each quarter I run more of an spread offense. The bulls and lakers call this “Open Set”
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2018, 08:27 PM   #16
Pro

JoFri's Arena

NBA 2K19 TRIANGLE System

Quote:
Originally Posted by taildog
Very cheesy...and that’s why Sam Pham made a video about it a few years ago lol
For the last minute or two of each quarter I run more of an spread offense. The bulls and lakers call this “Open Set”
Well, he's still doing it this year hah

Whats the spread offense in 2K?

The bulls ran this in the earlier years. One player at each corner and one at each wing, with ball initiation at the center, top of key. First pass to the wing (say, right side). Passer cut to the weak side (left side of the court) and set a off ball screen for the wing to cut to the strong side and the weak side corner player run to the strong side to form the triangle. Everybody is on the move to confuse the defense. They usually run this in the last minute of the quarter.

I couldnt find this play in 2K.

Last edited by JoFri; 10-04-2018 at 08:28 PM. Reason: update link

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »