Home

Learning to Embrace the MyCareer Grind in NBA 2K19

This is a discussion on Learning to Embrace the MyCareer Grind in NBA 2K19 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2018, 01:24 AM   #17
MVP

ph33's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Learning to Embrace the MyCareer Grind in NBA 2K19

why does this guy get a platform?

this is absolutely embarrassing on so many levels

which one of you hacks wrote this piece that sounds like a middle school tier rebuttal?
Old 10-04-2018, 01:28 AM   #18
Banned

Damn, this is a bad look for OS, not sure how yall thought this article was a good idea.
Old 10-04-2018, 04:11 AM   #19
Rookie

thanks to guys like the one who wrote this article, 2k has been getting away with this for years now.
Old 10-04-2018, 04:25 AM   #20
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Am I the only one who read this as devil's advocate mixed with parody mixed with tongue in cheek?

Quote:
“Skateboard costs 60k VC LOL”

That’s a lot of VC. Try walking. It’s free.

“2K how you gonna charge me 10k VC for shoes I made??

Did you hand-stitch those shoes yourself? Will you be playing barefoot without them? Yeah, you don’t really need those then. Keep grinding!

“How To feed MyPlayer – He keeps complaining at the end of games that he’s starving and how his old coach used to make sandwiches or something”

I….okay, not sure what to tell you here. I guess find a way to get him those sandwiches? That is, providing they don’t cost you any VC.
Sounds like the writer is having a bit of fun with us here.

I think the ridiculousness of the arguments against the criticisms are intentionally trying to highlight the reality of the situation - that it is all just a bit ridiculous how far VC has gotten. At least, in my opinion, if this is in fact a serious attempt at a rebuttal against the VC grind criticisms, it is indistinguishable from a parody of a 2K fanboy.
Old 10-04-2018, 05:55 AM   #21
MVP

tru11's Arena

how much did you get paid to write this crap?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2018, 06:35 AM   #22
MVP

DatIsraeliGuy's Arena

It’s because of people and mindsets like these that we even have microtransactions in the first place.

“Embrace the grind”?
NO!!
What in the world is this?!

A FULL PRICED GAME SHOULD NEVER HAVE MICROTRANSACTIONS THAT AFFECT GAMEPLAY. EVER. NO EXCEPTIONS.

And what is the point of going through Metacritic user reviews of all things and commenting on why they are wrong in your opinion? That’s not journalism, that’s not what this site should have.
2k are greedy bastards who care only about how to squeeze more money from people’s wallets.
MyTEAM Loot Boxes, microtransactions, false advertising to make it seem XP is earned fast, you name it.

STOP ACCEPTING THESE SCUMMY THINGS IN OUR GAMES
I cannot believe this is actually okay by some people, thank you for ruining games.
Old 10-04-2018, 06:49 AM   #23
Rookie

This article was clearly written by Ronnie2K.

Honestly the gameplay is great but VC has sucked the fun outta this game massively the last 2-3 years, now everything costs VC and a lot of it, I’m an NBA player that can barely afford haircuts (2K17), clothes, shoes or a scooter/bike? If I create a new character I’d need to buy everything again.

I understand upgrading ratings like shooting, ball handling and passing etc, but things like vertical, speed & quickness players come equipped with that natural ability, but having to pay for jump shots, moves, running styles around the neighborhood is overkill.
Old 10-04-2018, 07:37 AM   #24

Suntan Superman's Arena

OVR: 11

This article is shockingly poor for an OS article. I'm in favor of microtransactions, because I understand it as a business model, but the return on your VC is so poor that it's actually just kind of insulting. Just like this article is kind of insulting to people's intelligence.

It's gonna be a Yikes from me on this one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »