Home

Saturday's update. Post Patch onball and help defense are extremely solid

This is a discussion on Saturday's update. Post Patch onball and help defense are extremely solid within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-25-2019, 12:23 PM   #25
MVP

jayman504's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Saturday's update. Post Patch onball and help defense are extremely solid

I'm still seeing WAY to many times on transition D that players will LITERALLY stand there and watch as another player with the ball runs right pass them. basically "not my man...not my problem.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2019, 09:37 PM   #26
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

Even though i can get solid help defense and solid defensive rotations once I gap my bigs. The cpu controles teams play press defense and there only mission seems to be to prevent 3 pointers. So my help defense is solid, but the Cpu gives up the paint all day all in the name of preventing 3 pointers. Hopefully a ACE update can change the default cpu to defend outside in as opposed to the other way.

Also on the break the cpu will chase me out to the 3 point line and give up easy fastbreak dunks all game. 2 things that the cpu does with every team is crash the boards after every shot, and smother the 3 point line. The teams should have more individuality.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Old 10-25-2019, 09:49 PM   #27
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman504
I'm still seeing WAY to many times on transition D that players will LITERALLY stand there and watch as another player with the ball runs right pass them. basically "not my man...not my problem.
There still needs to be more layer of code added to defensive logic in general. The AI still struggles to prioritize the offensive threat with the ball over their assignments.

Would prefer if the were the other way around. I.e. aggressive back side/ weak side leading to way too many kick out 3s given up vs easy layups
Old 10-26-2019, 12:49 AM   #28
Pro

Johnnythelegend's Arena

Would having ACE off help? I am thinking about editing cpu defensive settings before starting the game. I mean, defending the rim should be the number one priority for every player, we had team defense that would protect the rim at all costs, or it was better at least in previous 2ks
Old 10-26-2019, 05:03 AM   #29
MVP

jakalfc's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnythelegend
Would having ACE off help? I am thinking about editing cpu defensive settings before starting the game. I mean, defending the rim should be the number one priority for every player, we had team defense that would protect the rim at all costs, or it was better at least in previous 2ks
So you advise not to use ACE defense and set defensive settings for each team ?, like for example how the Simworld did with their 2k19 project

Sent from my HMA-L29 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 10-26-2019, 09:52 AM   #30
MVP

OVR: 9

I think some would understand and some won't but the real problem is that the game offline plays and acts online and the way that so many other people feel the game differently is because of the connections all aorund the world, there are various kinds of games that 2k can play offline based on the connection.

It may all sound not so logical it's what it is. I can play 4-5 different version of the game based on where i play the game and with which isp or internet connection type that i play, cable, dsl, fiber etc.

That's why as all the information is being communicated on a server as if the game is online you can see a lot of herky jerky movements, rubberbanding of ai players in which the ai players can't position themselves on the server because the game relies on the connection eventhough it's offline. And these stuff affects highly the way the things happen on the court based on your connections. So much of the EU players are suffering on this issue offline and online.
Old 10-26-2019, 09:56 AM   #31
Oba
Rookie

Oba's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
Meaning i can move my feet and stay in front of the ballhandler or move him to help. Mos realistic its ever been imo.

Gap. If you have your defenders huggin their man at the 3 they wont help.

I showed the clips. Every game my bigs are in gap and cloggin the paint with help defense. This is default hof with help defense at 35. If i gap and turn on help defense the paint is help defense from every where. Plus i have horrible defenders so it should be even better with avg defenders
Yeah so it is your own defensive settings that are helping to improve help defense.

The CPU team help defense is still a complete mess.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2019, 01:11 PM   #32
Rookie

alright, nevermind.

Last edited by jclazaris84; 10-30-2019 at 09:48 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »