Home

Matchmaking in Rec is awful.

This is a discussion on Matchmaking in Rec is awful. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-31-2019, 03:27 AM   #25
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Matchmaking in Rec is awful.

Speed advantage is overrated in rec. Simply cuz the courts are too small.

Against that lineup, just camp around the block. They got no perimeter threats. Those interior forces might be able to shoot but haven’t met many who could.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2019, 07:25 AM   #26
Pro

kdurantmvp's Arena

OVR: 2

I hope in next Gen systems, we get bigger courts because right now these courts are too condensed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-31-2019, 09:31 AM   #27
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iasounis
While that is a problem, in my experience, it's not uncommon for both teams to have 3 guards, 1 SF (me) and a big (4 or 5). Granted yours may be different as a guard, I could imagine manynof you matchups would also be guards.
I'm not tripping about the 3 guard matchup, because I do see those. I'm just saying that the matchmaking should be smart enough to know to not put a 6'0" PG at the SF spot. I might have tried to use my speed to my advantage, but I was deemed "trash" when my man was scoring so much. As a result, I didn't get the ball. It was so bad that they wouldn't even pass me the ball when I had an uncontested layup for a fastbreak.
Old 12-31-2019, 10:24 AM   #28
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdurantmvp
I hope in next Gen systems, we get bigger courts because right now these courts are too condensed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As much as people complain about dribble gods these small courts + passing lanes lead to it.
Old 12-31-2019, 01:49 PM   #29
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
I'm not tripping about the 3 guard matchup, because I do see those. I'm just saying that the matchmaking should be smart enough to know to not put a 6'0" PG at the SF spot. I might have tried to use my speed to my advantage, but I was deemed "trash" when my man was scoring so much. As a result, I didn't get the ball. It was so bad that they wouldn't even pass me the ball when I had an uncontested layup for a fastbreak.
I don't know who would make a player under 6'3 in this state of the game but 6' at the SF position is almost suicide lol. 2k definitely has to fix the matchmaking and what position they put these players at.

The only time I'm not at the one is if there's another playmaker on my team. I'm usually matched up with smaller offensive threats and they still put me at the 1 regardless. I don't get it.
Old 12-31-2019, 02:31 PM   #30
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korrupted
I don't know who would make a player under 6'3 in this state of the game but 6' at the SF position is almost suicide lol. 2k definitely has to fix the matchmaking and what position they put these players at.

The only time I'm not at the one is if there's another playmaker on my team. I'm usually matched up with smaller offensive threats and they still put me at the 1 regardless. I don't get it.
I think it's based off passer rating. Have a buddy who made a sharp playmaker 6'3. His ball handling is higher but my passer rating is 91 where his is 89. I'm 6'5. It works out because i have better defensive badges but it can confuse people on the break and off the inbound.
Old 12-31-2019, 02:37 PM   #31
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

Man... What i would give for lobbies. Not have to load into a neighborhood. Not have to sit in the gym waiting for teammates. Closing my app when i see no shooting.

Why can't i just join a lobby, back out if i want, and queue up right to the rec without having to load up through 2 different screens where i have to wait for others to join?

If you have a squad ready to go, you shouldn't have to load into a neighborhood, squad up, and THEN go in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2019, 04:17 PM   #32
Pro

Because then you wouldn’t see all the commercials and spend vc in swags while you wait for your buddies.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »