Home

Matchmaking in Rec is awful.

This is a discussion on Matchmaking in Rec is awful. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-31-2019, 04:19 PM   #33
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Matchmaking in Rec is awful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korrupted
I don't know who would make a player under 6'3 in this state of the game but 6' at the SF position is almost suicide lol. 2k definitely has to fix the matchmaking and what position they put these players at.

The only time I'm not at the one is if there's another playmaker on my team. I'm usually matched up with smaller offensive threats and they still put me at the 1 regardless. I don't get it.
I just like being different, lol. I do alright, but I definitely need more badges. My defensive skills is what mainly gives me my worth. I need more want badges, because I want to attack the paint relentlessly and forcing the bigs into foul trouble while shooting the mid-range.

Ummmmm....what happens when players reaches 6 fouls?
Old 01-01-2020, 10:00 AM   #34
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
I just like being different, lol. I do alright, but I definitely need more badges. My defensive skills is what mainly gives me my worth. I need more want badges, because I want to attack the paint relentlessly and forcing the bigs into foul trouble while shooting the mid-range.

Word. If you foul out you get kicked from the game.
Old 01-05-2020, 09:19 AM   #35
Rookie

Just played 2K online for the first time in forever.

Played one Rec game where it my 90 OVR PF with a bunch of other 90s against a team of low 80s. Naturally, we won 110-25.

Then, I waited for the next game...and waited...and waited...and waited. Watched guys come in and I guess not like the makeup of the squad forming and quit...and I waited and waited.

Finally, after watching the same guy come in and quit out 3 times in a row, I exited.

Park was full so I decided "haven't done this since my friends quit playing why not"

Couldn't get a game. People moving off the spots when I come stand with them. Squads hopping on right before a game starts.

Finally, after 15 minutes, I closed 2K20, opened up Madden, and played that instead.

Never had so much fun
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2020, 11:30 AM   #36
Pro

OVR: 1

What is your rep? If it is good (at least not bronze anymore) then probably just bad luck. As a big man it should be trivial to get a rec game.

I used to ignore rep, but it really is a statement of how much you play 2K online. Problem is, 2K online plays SO different than offline, that experienced players are wary to trust playing with inexperienced ones as they are likely to witness a display of turnovers and airballs.

This could be solved by two things

1) fixing the OVR mechanism so that you don't lose so much of your rating when you lose and your rating is over 95
2) making it so you can play offline mode with the same speed and sliders as online mode so that its not such a jarring transition.
Old 01-07-2020, 12:37 PM   #37
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erithtotl
What is your rep? If it is good (at least not bronze anymore) then probably just bad luck. As a big man it should be trivial to get a rec game.

I used to ignore rep, but it really is a statement of how much you play 2K online. Problem is, 2K online plays SO different than offline, that experienced players are wary to trust playing with inexperienced ones as they are likely to witness a display of turnovers and airballs.

This could be solved by two things

1) fixing the OVR mechanism so that you don't lose so much of your rating when you lose and your rating is over 95
2) making it so you can play offline mode with the same speed and sliders as online mode so that its not such a jarring transition.
Boy... If i had ONE teammate that could shoot like those sharp playmakers id have 30 assists a game.

Played my first game of my second season. Our line up is:

Luka
Buddy Hield
Me (slasher)
KP
Drummond

Still retained most of our bench. That line up would beat both LA teams pretty handily. But with Luka putting up 30, me with 20,10,10 and 3 blocks it was difficult to put away Brooklyn. I think Hield went 3-8 with my HOF Dimer. Lol
Old 01-07-2020, 01:24 PM   #38
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76

mid range jumpers are half broken. meaning unless you're a shot creator doing a bunch of dribbling and fading with a ton of badges. you will brick a ton of wide open mid range shots on catch and shoot possessions or just regular walk up jumpers. I HATE IT. it makes no real basketball since. but once again 2k is pushing a narrative aka analytics says no middies only dunks/layups and 3's. so 2k is forcing that by making the mid range game brick for no logical reason when your guy is build to be money from mid range with an 85+ mid rating. you should almost never miss a wide open mid range shot unless you yourself are releasing it wildy late or wildy early.

if you equip silver deep range badge with a 75 3pt rating. you'll hit deep range shots more often then you hit catch and shoot mid range jumpers wide open without the badges and your mid range rating is an 88. its that bad.
Old 01-07-2020, 01:26 PM   #39
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardphillips214
Man... What i would give for lobbies. Not have to load into a neighborhood. Not have to sit in the gym waiting for teammates. Closing my app when i see no shooting.

Why can't i just join a lobby, back out if i want, and queue up right to the rec without having to load up through 2 different screens where i have to wait for others to join?

If you have a squad ready to go, you shouldn't have to load into a neighborhood, squad up, and THEN go in.
2k forces this on you to force advertisements on you and to also force a high Online players rating for themselves to report. the moment you hit the neighborhood 2k is getting credit for a person playing their game online even though you're technically not playing anything yet. shady ..i know.
Old 01-07-2020, 04:11 PM   #40
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by splashmountain
mid range jumpers are half broken. meaning unless you're a shot creator doing a bunch of dribbling and fading with a ton of badges. you will brick a ton of wide open mid range shots on catch and shoot possessions or just regular walk up jumpers. I HATE IT. it makes no real basketball since. but once again 2k is pushing a narrative aka analytics says no middies only dunks/layups and 3's. so 2k is forcing that by making the mid range game brick for no logical reason when your guy is build to be money from mid range with an 85+ mid rating. you should almost never miss a wide open mid range shot unless you yourself are releasing it wildy late or wildy early.

if you equip silver deep range badge with a 75 3pt rating. you'll hit deep range shots more often then you hit catch and shoot mid range jumpers wide open without the badges and your mid range rating is an 88. its that bad.
I'm "okay" when shooting mid-range jumpers. The speed/acceleration ratings are pretty high, then I get the weekly boosts. From there, I have the HOF "First Step" badge. I get to the open areas pretty quickly, and I tend to catch the bigs by surprise, because they assume I'm coming all the way to the rim...which my little bitty *** has no business doing anyways until I get the HOF Giant Slayer, lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »