Home

NBA 2K21 Patch #2 Arrives on PlayStation 5 & Xbox Series X|S - Patch Notes & Screenshots

This is a discussion on NBA 2K21 Patch #2 Arrives on PlayStation 5 & Xbox Series X|S - Patch Notes & Screenshots within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-25-2020, 11:36 PM   #25
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K21 Next-Gen Patch #2 Available - Patch Notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjt8405
Offensive Settings still have the bug. You can't get the "Focus Player" to stick to manual upon exit. You also can't change "Pace" & "Rebounds" from "Controlled by Ace" despite it being turned off as an option. The plays are set to "Bench Plays" by default instead of "Starter Plays" as they should be at the beginning of a game. Lastly, you can't get the "Freelance" to change properly and stick when exiting the menu. I've reported them all via 2KSupport so hopefully these errors are fixed for patch 3.
They definitely got to fix the play calling. I was completely focused on how to use it today, but to me it just seemed like everything's just random. I went to scrimmage mode, and I couldn't get changes to stick for nothing, or I couldn't understand why certain change were taking place.

At the end of the day, the play calling system is completely busted.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2020, 01:10 AM   #26
Rookie

Re: NBA 2K21 Patch #2 Arrives on PlayStation 5 & Xbox Series X|S - Patch Notes & Scre

Is anyone experiencing a glitch during gameplay or menu screens where it just freezes up

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 11-26-2020, 05:33 AM   #27
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: NBA 2K21 Patch #2 Arrives on PlayStation 5 & Xbox Series X|S - Patch Notes & Scre

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve115658
Is everyone experiencing this? Surprised there isn't more talk about it. Preventing me from playing right now

Yep it’s happening with me too. I’ve learned to ignore it but I really hope it does get fixed.

My GF says she can’t play because she needs the vibration when shooting lol

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 11-26-2020, 08:15 AM   #28
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve115658
Is everyone experiencing this? Surprised there isn't more talk about it. Preventing me from playing right now
Umm just disable it?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Old 11-26-2020, 11:12 AM   #29
Rookie

Has anyone attempted a trade during the draft? I had the 5th pick and traded it to the Kings for their 7th and Buddy Hield. After completing the trade, it went back to the draft with the kings now on the clock with the 5th pick. Where the problem came in was that the Kings didn't even have the 7th pick, they had the 9th and I didn't even get it, they still kept the pick?!? Hadn't seen any issues like this posted so just curious if this may have just been a one off glitch or if anyone else has had something like this happen.
Old 11-26-2020, 12:03 PM   #30
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
Haven’t had a chance to try it out yet. Were there any improvements to off-ball contact animations? Seems like unless a screen is being set the players CANNOT trigger any type of animation when running into one another.

In years past we’ve at least had players trigger a simple brush-past animation when moving through congested areas, but now they just keep running into an invisible force field around every player on the court.
I could be wrong but I BELIEVE in one of Da Czar's streams a few weeks ago, he said this change was intentional to help prevent defenders from running into each other and leaving offensive players open when trying to rotate.
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Old 11-26-2020, 05:50 PM   #31
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti
I could be wrong but I BELIEVE in one of Da Czar's streams a few weeks ago, he said this change was intentional to help prevent defenders from running into each other and leaving offensive players open when trying to rotate.

If so, that was a SHOCKINGLY poor decision. Defenders still run into each other, and the problem is actually worse with this change. Instead of triggering a brush-past animation like years past, the defender now just runs in place because there’s an invisible wall around the other players. It looks and feels ridiculous, and makes off ball movement an absolute joke.

They NEED to fix this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2020, 09:16 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 1

In my nba and I play a game it still defaults back my offensive settings to pound inside. Seemed like it worked after patch but having same issues today

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »