Home

Conditional Coaching Thread

This is a discussion on Conditional Coaching Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-06-2021, 02:40 AM   #17
Rookie

trxalboy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Conditional Coaching Thread

It's wishy washy, sometimes it works, others it's like it doesn't exist
Old 11-19-2021, 12:09 AM   #18
Rookie

Tried it again and still nothing. Any luck for anyone else with conditional coaching? Devs are not saying anything either
Quote:
Originally Posted by trxalboy
It's wishy washy, sometimes it works, others it's like it doesn't exist
Sent from my SM-N975U using Operation Sports mobile app
'Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard" - Kevin Durant.......................... Los Angeles Clippers: San Francisco 49ers: New York Yankees: New Jersey Devils: New Jersey Nets (until they moved to Brooklyn): Temple University:
Old 11-14-2023, 05:56 PM   #19
Rookie

I'm bringing the topic back up because I believe there's a misunderstanding. Firstly, yes, it's a very, very interesting feature that deserves better explanation in the game (or the forum) to make this function more popular. However, and this is where many players make a mistake, it's only intended for simulation. They mentioned it in their blog, and here's the excerpt:"

CONDITIONAL COACHING
Another new feature we are really excited for is Conditional Coaching, which gives power users the ability to help give coaching directives while they simulate games. Using symbolic logic, you’ll be able to input powerful commands that will look for specific conditions in the game, and if they occur, make coaching changes accordingly. As an example, one of our pre-set simple conditions is ‘Garbage Time’ – all you have to add is a point value, like 10. Once set, it makes it so that if in the fourth quarter, if the point differential is 10 (up or down) and there’s only a little bit of game time left, you sub out the starters and get in the bench to help make sure you can play rookies and get them extra game time when the game has been decided. We’re eager to see how much our hardcore fanbase will love the ability to truly sim the way they want to play.

I agree. If we could create our own conditions and activate them during a match, that would be excellent, but well... there are other priorities. It would be great, above all, to fix the coach tactics and make it more user-friendly and understandable, as it was a few years ago.
Old 11-25-2023, 12:00 AM   #20
Rookie

Wil2DaSon's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFil23
I'm bringing the topic back up because I believe there's a misunderstanding. Firstly, yes, it's a very, very interesting feature that deserves better explanation in the game (or the forum) to make this function more popular. However, and this is where many players make a mistake, it's only intended for simulation. They mentioned it in their blog, and here's the excerpt:"

CONDITIONAL COACHING
Another new feature we are really excited for is Conditional Coaching, which gives power users the ability to help give coaching directives while they simulate games. Using symbolic logic, you’ll be able to input powerful commands that will look for specific conditions in the game, and if they occur, make coaching changes accordingly. As an example, one of our pre-set simple conditions is ‘Garbage Time’ – all you have to add is a point value, like 10. Once set, it makes it so that if in the fourth quarter, if the point differential is 10 (up or down) and there’s only a little bit of game time left, you sub out the starters and get in the bench to help make sure you can play rookies and get them extra game time when the game has been decided. We’re eager to see how much our hardcore fanbase will love the ability to truly sim the way they want to play.

I agree. If we could create our own conditions and activate them during a match, that would be excellent, but well... there are other priorities. It would be great, above all, to fix the coach tactics and make it more user-friendly and understandable, as it was a few years ago.
You do realize it doesn't work in simulation either?
“I’ve missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.”– Michael Jordan

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »