Home

The Rules (Why Can't I Post?)

This is a discussion on The Rules (Why Can't I Post?) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Online forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Online
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-09-2013, 01:41 PM   #1
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46
The Rules (Why Can't I Post?)

You may have noticed, if you have posted recently, that your posts aren't showing up. There is a valid reason for this:

ALL THREADS IN THIS FORUM NOW MUST BE APPROVED BY A MODERATOR

"Why?" you ask? Simply put, we will not be allowing ANY ADVERTISING OR RECRUITING FOR ANY OFF SITE LEAGUES. In a nutshell, if you don't see a sub forum for your league above this thread, then your thread will not be approved.

HOW DO I GET A SUB FORUM FOR MY LEAGUE?

I'm glad you have inquired. As of February 8th, 2013, you must be an OS Supporter to run a league on Operation Sports. To find out how to become a Supporter, CLICK ME

You may PM myself, Millennium, to request a league sub forums. Sub forums are normally created each weekend, so if you don't get it the same night, give it through a weekend and it should be up and running. YOU MAY NOT RUN YOUR LEAGUE ON ANY OTHER WEBSITE IN ADDITION TO OS. If I find out you are, you will be banned from Operation Sports.

Any existing leagues run by non-Supporters will be grandfathered in until they become inactive, at which point they will be deleted.

INACTIVE LEAGUE SUB FORUMS

A league becomes "inactive" when it has not had a post in one month. If your sub forum shows it's last post as being over one month old, it can, and will, be deleted without notification.

I'M A USER LOOKING FOR A LEAGUE, HOW DO I FIND ONE?

The open threads in this forum will be created by league commissioners looking for players. Post in one of those, or PM a league commissioner.

SPAMMING OPEN THREADS

If you decide to try and post your advertisements to another league in any of the open threads, you will be immediately and permanently banned from Operation Sports.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2013, 01:43 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: The Rules (Why Can't I Post?)

THIS IS STUPID ^^^^
Old 02-10-2013, 04:16 PM   #3
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addicted2K
THIS IS STUPID ^^^^
I left this thread open for constructive conversation, or even suggestions.

Anyone else feel like being banned?

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 02-10-2013, 09:36 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
we will not be allowing ANY ADVERTISING OR RECRUITING FOR ANY OFF SITE LEAGUES.

HOW DO I GET A SUB FORUM FOR MY LEAGUE?

I'm glad you have inquired. As of February 8th, 2013, you must be an OS Supporter to run a league on Operation Sports. To find out how to become a Supporter, CLICK ME

YOU MAY NOT RUN YOUR LEAGUE ON ANY OTHER WEBSITE IN ADDITION TO OS. If I find out you are, you will be banned from Operation Sports.
I'm going to try and keep this as positive as I can.

I can't speak for anyone else, I'm not mad at OS...I'm disappointed and quite frankly surprised at the turn of events.
I've been visiting OS for a few years now and registered almost two years ago. I love real-life sports, I love video games, so obviously I love sports video games. At OS I've made a few friends, kept up with the news and learned A LOT about various video games. I really feel that I have become a better player at those games.
I registered so I could say thanks to the people who took the time to provide rosters, sliders, and make videos or strategy guides and shared them with the OS community.

Community, that's precisely the word that comes to my mind when I think of OS. I've been a few leagues that were formed on this site. The only way we knew one another was because someone started a thread for their newly developed league and posted it here. I'm pretty sure none of them were "supporters"

So now people that want to start leagues have to pay, er sorry I worded that poorly, they have to "donate" to become a supporter.

I understand that this website is a business. I appreciate that this site exists. But I have a problem with "YOU MAY NOT RUN YOUR LEAGUE ON ANY OTHER WEBSITE IN ADDITION TO OS. If I find out you are, you will be banned from Operation Sports."

So let me get this straight, after years of sharing tips with my fellow OSers, I now have to pay to post a league, but you're telling me that I can't mention my league on any other website AFTER I pay? I think it's rather strange that I can't post anything at 2K's website about a league in their own game.

Pay to post?
Old 02-11-2013, 12:11 AM   #5
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by buickbeast
I'm going to try and keep this as positive as I can.

I can't speak for anyone else, I'm not mad at OS...I'm disappointed and quite frankly surprised at the turn of events.
I've been visiting OS for a few years now and registered almost two years ago. I love real-life sports, I love video games, so obviously I love sports video games. At OS I've made a few friends, kept up with the news and learned A LOT about various video games. I really feel that I have become a better player at those games.
I registered so I could say thanks to the people who took the time to provide rosters, sliders, and make videos or strategy guides and shared them with the OS community.

Community, that's precisely the word that comes to my mind when I think of OS. I've been a few leagues that were formed on this site. The only way we knew one another was because someone started a thread for their newly developed league and posted it here. I'm pretty sure none of them were "supporters"

So now people that want to start leagues have to pay, er sorry I worded that poorly, they have to "donate" to become a supporter.

I understand that this website is a business. I appreciate that this site exists. But I have a problem with "YOU MAY NOT RUN YOUR LEAGUE ON ANY OTHER WEBSITE IN ADDITION TO OS. If I find out you are, you will be banned from Operation Sports."

So let me get this straight, after years of sharing tips with my fellow OSers, I now have to pay to post a league, but you're telling me that I can't mention my league on any other website AFTER I pay? I think it's rather strange that I can't post anything at 2K's website about a league in their own game.

Pay to post?
You are more than welcome to mention your league on any other website. My issue comes with people who were obtaining sub forums in an effort to run them on their own site. We had multiple users who had the forum as a front so that they could recruit users to their site.

I don't care where you recruit, but the league must us OS as their hub.

As for Supporters being the only ones who are allowed to start leagues: Most of the OS User Leagues that last are started by people invested one way or another in the site. I can't list the number of leagues I delete with barely any posts, and they are normally started by a random newly registered user who thought it would be cool to start a league.

We are a community, but we are tired of being used to populate other start up sites. And it happens more than you believe.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2013, 09:49 AM   #6
MVP

JasonWilliams55's Arena

OVR: 0

Is there any way I can get back a thread that was put into this section (online)? Thread called "tired of the cheesefest".
Old 02-11-2013, 11:10 AM   #7
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonWilliams55
Is there any way I can get back a thread that was put into this section (online)? Thread called "tired of the cheesefest".
The threads are non-recoverable, hence the notification that was at the top of the forum for a week stating that the online forums would be emptied on Friday.

What was in the thread, and would it be worth creating another thread to restart the conversation?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 02-12-2013, 12:22 PM   #8
Rookie

sreckless's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
The threads are non-recoverable, hence the notification that was at the top of the forum for a week stating that the online forums would be emptied on Friday.

What was in the thread, and would it be worth creating another thread to restart the conversation?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Wow, that thread is gone?

It was one of the most valuable resources on the forum.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Online »