Home

Fictional Draft Classes

This is a discussion on Fictional Draft Classes within the NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2010, 04:13 PM   #17
SimWorld Draft Class Guru

CWSapp757's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Fictional Draft Classes

Yeah, I'm totally with you. We definitely have an issue though. I followed a 58 overall small forward with 25 potential (lowest possible potential rating) for four years. He was the second worst player on the team and barely for any minutes each year. However he still progressed:

Year 1: 58 to 60 overall (2 point increase)
Year 2: 60 to 61 overall (1 point increase)
Year 3: No increase
Year 4: 61 to 62 (1 point increase)

So overall, he averaged a one point increase each year. This may not seem like a big deal to some but as Juke stated, this is bad news. If his potential is at the lowest possible number, we know that his progression was not based off of the potential rating. And he barely played any minutes and averaged under 1 point so it didn't have anything to do with performance. So my question is.... why the heck is he increasing. That's a problem man. A real problem. It leads me to believe one of two things is happening:

1) Generated rookies simply progress randomly. Sometimes they'll regress, sometimes they won't. No logic or explanation. Just random nonsense.

Or (and this is what I really think is happening)

2) The game is not recognizing or registering the change in potential when we edit the draft class. So for example, if 2K generates a 58 overall player as having 85 potential and we lower it to 50, the game continues to recognize the 85 potential rating as opposed to the 50 rating that we changed it to. I mean, I'm just talking but it kinda feels like that is what's happening. I'm gonna continue to mess with it a little more.

What you think Juke?
Old 10-09-2010, 05:08 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 5

If the guy with a 25 potential rating averaged 1 point increase a year, I wonder if you can re-rate everyone's potential scale to get a more realistic progression. Guess it would require research to figure out how much the potential rating actually influences progression.

I could live with a point or two a year if they start regressing at 26 or 27 years old...

I'm not an expert, so you guys have a much better handle on all this than I do...
Old 10-09-2010, 05:27 PM   #19
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWSapp757
Yeah, I'm totally with you. We definitely have an issue though. I followed a 58 overall small forward with 25 potential (lowest possible potential rating) for four years. He was the second worst player on the team and barely for any minutes each year. However he still progressed:

Year 1: 58 to 60 overall (2 point increase)
Year 2: 60 to 61 overall (1 point increase)
Year 3: No increase
Year 4: 61 to 62 (1 point increase)

So overall, he averaged a one point increase each year. This may not seem like a big deal to some but as Juke stated, this is bad news. If his potential is at the lowest possible number, we know that his progression was not based off of the potential rating. And he barely played any minutes and averaged under 1 point so it didn't have anything to do with performance. So my question is.... why the heck is he increasing. That's a problem man. A real problem. It leads me to believe one of two things is happening:

1) Generated rookies simply progress randomly. Sometimes they'll regress, sometimes they won't. No logic or explanation. Just random nonsense.

Or (and this is what I really think is happening)

2) The game is not recognizing or registering the change in potential when we edit the draft class. So for example, if 2K generates a 58 overall player as having 85 potential and we lower it to 50, the game continues to recognize the 85 potential rating as opposed to the 50 rating that we changed it to. I mean, I'm just talking but it kinda feels like that is what's happening. I'm gonna continue to mess with it a little more.

What you think Juke?
I just think it looks at the guys who doesnt get any playing time as a dleague player, but ur explanation makes sense also

How old was the 58 rated guy?

if 22, he'd be 26 and therefore wouldnt progress much after and would cap about 62-64..I can live with that, we just have to rate guys on 2k's base

Less than 5 rookies are rated 70+ in the default rosters with alot of guys ranging from 65-68

the new rookies from the update are about 58 like your guy

Last edited by Jukeman; 10-09-2010 at 05:34 PM.
Old 10-09-2010, 05:54 PM   #20

CWSapp757's Arena

Yeah, he was 22 years old. And I suppose that I can live with it also. I guess I'm just a little frustrated because it seems like the draft won't take any strategy. It seems like anyone is eligible for big time progression. If that's the case, it is easy to just pick anyone with an A+ overall and hope his overall goes up up up and away. I really just want potential to matter.... and it still might I suppose. I may be overreacting a little.

Whatever the case is, the Association mode is not going to function properly without heavy edits to the draft classes. I finished a couple of draft classes that I am pretty pleased with. Anybody else finished or almost done with any of their fictional draft classes?
Old 10-09-2010, 06:20 PM   #21
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWSapp757
Yeah, he was 22 years old. And I suppose that I can live with it also. I guess I'm just a little frustrated because it seems like the draft won't take any strategy. It seems like anyone is eligible for big time progression. If that's the case, it is easy to just pick anyone with an A+ overall and hope his overall goes up up up and away. I really just want potential to matter.... and it still might I suppose. I may be overreacting a little.

Whatever the case is, the Association mode is not going to function properly without heavy edits to the draft classes. I finished a couple of draft classes that I am pretty pleased with. Anybody else finished or almost done with any of their fictional draft classes?
Are you going to be uploading them soon?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2010, 06:29 PM   #22

CWSapp757's Arena

Yeah I can upload them now if you want to try them out. Still got a little tweaking to do but it'll be nice to get another opinion. Ill have them up in about 10 minutes.
Old 10-09-2010, 06:58 PM   #23

CWSapp757's Arena

Ok maybe not ten minutes but I'm just about there. Just touching up a couple of things.
Old 10-09-2010, 07:04 PM   #24
Rookie

Titans4lyfe's Arena

OVR: 6

Are you guys on ps3 or xbox360? Because I would definitely appriciate if someone did this for the PS3.
NCAAB: Duke Blue Devils

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters »