Home

My Player Progression Strategy

This is a discussion on My Player Progression Strategy within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2009, 03:06 AM   #33
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: My Player Progression Strategy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulkamaphone
I'm a 6'5 Athletic PG currently in the D league. I've been upgrading my layup, dunk, passing and mid/3pt skills but they are all starting to get a little expensive. Anyone have an ideas on what I should start upgrading next?

I'm going for an all-round PG, my stats are something like 20-6-8, most points coming from layups/dunks. I was thinking I should up my mide and 3pt range to give my game more depth but its so expensive!!

Shot Inside60
Shot Close55
Shot Medium53
Shot 3PT53
Shot Low Post25
Free Throw45
Layup70
Dunk55
Standing Dunk25
Shoot Off Dribble61
Shoot In Traffic30
Ball Handle61
Off Hand Dribbling59
Ball Security55
Pass70
Block30
Steal50
Hands55
On Ball Defense57
Offense Rebound25
Defense Rebound35
Offense Low Post30
Defense Low Post25
Offensive Awareness35
Defense Awareness27
Offense Clutch38
Defense Clutch25
Consistency25
Stamina70
Speed85
Quickness82
Strength30
Vertical70
Hustle55
Durability70
Potential53
Emotion50
How expensive is expensive? The mid range should only be around 350 or so at that point shouldn't it? That is doable and you can probably pick up a couple a game there. However, shoot off dribble is I know around half as much as for athletic SFs so I would suppose it is probably similar for athletic PGs which would make is a cheaper option that would help with all areas of shooting. Shoot in traffic can help out as well but as a pg you can usually get enough open looks and with your height you shouldn't be that effected by pressure so this would be a secondary thing I would think. The other thing that you really need to improve to have any sort of mid range game is consistancy. Without it then a couple misses and you are really in trouble.

If you want to open up the mid range game you can start to hit decently with a 60 on mid range shooting and a 70 on shoot off dribble will allow you to create your own shots. Should really only take a couple thousand points to get there. Add in 70 consistancy which will take a few thousand more and you will be a very decent mid range shooter at least capable of making the defenses respect your shot opening up more driving and passing lanes.
Old 10-12-2009, 03:09 AM   #34
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guggy107
when you say you are a 60 overall and starting, are you talking about the nba squad?? if you can make the starting 5 on an nba team with a 60 overall rating (and youre scoring 38 points in a game) it sounds like my player mode might be too easy.

im not trying to bash your or anything, i just havent got the game yet so i dont really have a good idea of what my player mode is like. i would think youd have to be in the upper 70's overall before you can start in the nba.
I was a 60 overall but I was over like 95 in inside shooting and 90 in low post shooting and 85 in low post offense so while my game was limited I would really put is some points. My consistency was also like 75 so when I got hot I just racked up a ton of points. But yeah, at that point it was too easy. I have adjusted sliders since then making it much better.
Old 10-12-2009, 03:12 AM   #35
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faizon
Questions... I'm a 6'2 point

how much dunk do you need to throw down some basic dunks do you think? Last year it was like 65, but they widened the rating.

Same goes for standing dunk, they altered this alot.
At 65 you unlock the athletic guard one. I think athletic PGs start at like 50 or 55 and they can dunk so it is that or less for the rimgrazer one. I think somewhere around 40 probably
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2009, 03:21 AM   #36
Pro

OVR: 7

Oh nice, I'll probably set my target for 65 then.
Old 10-12-2009, 03:30 AM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 4

It's too easy imo..I'm 51 OVR (6'7 Athletic SF) and I have

90 inside
85 mid
90 layup
90 vertical
80 speed
70 ball handle

that's enough to get me the best PER in the league (47) vs Wade who's 2nd with 35..
Old 10-12-2009, 04:16 AM   #38
Pro

CaCHooKa Man's Arena

OVR: 6

are the 10 drills available for the whole season or do they regenerate? i just did all 10 before my 1st game in the NBA.
Old 10-12-2009, 04:38 AM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarr
Speed and quickness are nice but speed is very expensive. For 14k points you could probably get 9 or 10 points of speed and add decently to your speed or you could get, depending on where your mid range shooting is now, around 20 points there and probably 20 shoot off dribble and really improve your mid range game a lot. This would make me lean toward the shooting between those 2 options.

Also, the shooting will make defenders play up on you more and can add nearly as much to your penetrating ability as the speed would. Speed would help out defensively a little more but the shooting would do more to round out your player.
Yeah, I know. It's just once I got into training camp (got drafted by the Grizzlies) and started chasing Rudy Gay around, speed/quickness looked a lot more attractive.

I'll probably wait on it though.
Old 10-12-2009, 05:32 AM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 4

Guys did you notice that there is a "Fast Break" attribute listed when you look at your player via the leaderboards online? It isn't in the game.....

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »