Home

NBA 2K11 Video: Strategy Session: Volume 1 - Defensive Settings

This is a discussion on NBA 2K11 Video: Strategy Session: Volume 1 - Defensive Settings within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2010, 12:48 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Man Thanks Czar

This game is so deep its not even funny

Playing a season has never been something that will challenge you as much as now. You can imagine how coaches feel night in and out, especially the ones with their jobs on the line
Im excited to see that personnel will matter as well.

How many times have we heard coaches talk about how they would love to give a good scorer/shooter, more minutes, but they are terrified that they will get roasted on the other end of the floor.

This is going to make online drafts for leagues a lot more compelling, instead of folks drafting for scoring and rebounding only.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2010, 01:07 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 10
I was on the bed watching this video and my girl rolled over and asked if I was listening to Barry White. I told her "Shhhhh, it's Professor Czar given lessons.". She commenced to roll her eyes and watch TV as I took notes. Man I can't wait until Tuesday.
Old 10-01-2010, 01:08 PM   #27
MVP

RedmanR's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: NBA 2K11 Video: Strategy Session: Volume 1 - Defensive Settings

Respect Czar

Great strategy session. It's absolutely amazing how deep 2K11 is. There's just so much under the hood of this beast until it isn't funny. I'm looking so forward to the remainder of these strategy sessions and hope we get some on dribbling and shooting, especially in the post.

Old 10-01-2010, 01:09 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 2

That cat Czar...man I'm gonna lean on you Guy...thanks for give us the heads up...I am so ready to get it in on this game...knowledge born big man...congrats on the new seed and congrats for making it in the game
Old 10-01-2010, 01:12 PM   #29
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
Im excited to see that personnel will matter as well.

How many times have we heard coaches talk about how they would love to give a good scorer/shooter, more minutes, but they are terrified that they will get roasted on the other end of the floor.

This is going to make online drafts for leagues a lot more compelling, instead of folks drafting for scoring and rebounding only.
In this game defensive abilities matter. No more one for all defense where a guy like Matt Barnes plays D as good as Ron Artest.

Mess up and the stars will burn you
Old 10-01-2010, 01:13 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

One of the best things I have heard about this years game is the off ball settings. The fact that we can finally have our guys stay at home on the shooters makes me happy and all that good stuff.

That alone improves the strategy aspect greatly. And it helps with the sim style not playing on ball d debate. Many times I would play off ball D on the shooters to make sure they don't go off on me.

Your run of scoring 35points + against my Wizards is over Danny Granger
Old 10-01-2010, 01:23 PM   #31
MVP

fatleg3's Arena

OVR: 27

Nice video thanks czar.

Also Czar is the first person i know to not be a mainstream celebrity, or developer that made it into a video game. I hope and know you are very proud czar. The first person in the history of video game. some athletes and rookies cant even get in the game lol

Congrats
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2010, 01:24 PM   #32
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
Czar,
good video, but what ever happened to the rest of the 2k10 vs Live 10 battleground, it seemed as though you stopped after round 3.
whats up with that?
What's up Tril I made a blog entry that said I was stopping the BG to work on a special project (10 teams 10 days) Only have so much time available my man so I thought it would serve the community best showing you 2k11.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »