Home

Online vs. Offline

This is a discussion on Online vs. Offline within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2011, 11:58 PM   #1
Banned

THEone86's Arena

OVR: 2
Online vs. Offline

I've seen a lot of threads that complain about 2K not focusing on Online enough , or whining about how classic teams won't be usable online.
I personally play about 95% offline 5% online, because I love association , I will play My Player, Current NBA My Player, and Classic player My player, (Sorry for lack of actual name of game modes) a LOT. The main reason of this is because 9/10 times you play a cheeser online, which just isn't fun at all, I'll be the first to tell you I am horrible online, but it is because I am always playing against the non-Cheesing CPU and im not used to it. With the Slider adjustments available in the game you can make offline modes amazing. Anyway, I want to hear if it is the widespread accepted thought that offline is inferior.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2011, 12:27 AM   #2
Rookie

dukedude24's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Online vs. Offline

i like my player mode and association, but they get boring after a while.

Mainly because it will be full of fake players and once you figure out how to beat CPU once u can usually keep beating them.

so after i get sick of my player, that's when i start going online.

i don't really get sick of online, even though i hate cheesers...

but ill tell u what, there is nothing better than beating cheesers. lol

it's fun to play against different opponents and it really improve my game as well. my online record used to be like 50% win, now i barely lose anymore.
Old 09-19-2011, 12:32 AM   #3
MVP

jersez's Arena

OVR: 15

I pefer offline, expectually when I have friends over and we get a tournament going. I just think people in general people play online a lot because that's how gaming is now. Back in the day whenever you wanted to play someone they had to be at your house, now it's just a click away and your playing someone down the street or whatever. I love offline no hacked players, no lag, no cheese.
Old 09-19-2011, 12:36 AM   #4
Banned

THEone86's Arena

Well if you can beat the CPU everytime you must not have good difficulty or sliders. I buy the game for realism, and 2K is the best company out there in delivering it. Even in 2K11 the game is as real as it gets. (Until October 4th.)
When I play the T-Wolves, I want to feel like i should beat them and there lackluster Defense. When I play the lakers, it is a new experience for me and my team, Kobe is a consistent all-star so I know 'I gotta hold kobe under 20 if i want to have a chance at the win' It is mindless fun. But Eh, Maybe it's just me.

And about all fake players in the association, Thats what draft classes are for
Old 09-19-2011, 01:10 AM   #5
Banned

The CPU plays the same everygame. The sliders are a joke. You will play the same way everytime against the CPU. and once u learn how to beat them once, you can beat them 99 times in a row. The CPU makes 0 adjustmentss besides double teaming 1 player if u score 50 str8 Pts. Plus the tendencies are way off and the CPU does alot of stupid ****. Everytime Iplay mp mode, they have the worst simulating. Cavs go on 25 lose streak and the 1 they get, they blowout the Lakers by 21.

Online is completely random. Sometimes you get people who just jack 3s all game and sometimes you just get people who try 4 dunks the whole game. Online in fact, takes more skill than offline cause of frame rate drop, random Opponents, and all the other disadvantags you have.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2011, 01:22 AM   #6
Pro

cmebfresh's Arena

OVR: 8
Post Re: Online vs. Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisapoinnT
The CPU plays the same everygame. The sliders are a joke. You will play the same way everytime against the CPU. and once u learn how to beat them once, you can beat them 99 times in a row. The CPU makes 0 adjustmentss besides double teaming 1 player if u score 50 str8 Pts. Plus the tendencies are way off and the CPU does alot of stupid ****. Everytime Iplay mp mode, they have the worst simulating. Cavs go on 25 lose streak and the 1 they get, they blowout the Lakers by 21.

Online is completely random. Sometimes you get people who just jack 3s all game and sometimes you just get people who try 4 dunks the whole game. Online in fact, takes more skill than offline cause of frame rate drop, random Opponents, and all the other disadvantags you have.
Not true i never ever played the computer same cause sometime the computer can straight shock the hell outta you and 'I'm advance 2ker. For example just an hour ago i was the wiz and i was against the Lakers, I was leading by at least 11 points at half and my game plan was working i kept double teaming Kobe on his post up's and a hold him to 8 points which is not very easy on HOF. So i stuck with my game plan at 2 half, Don't you know this mutha F*cker actually stop posting up and hitting with straight mid rangers. Final score me 99 lakers 115 kobe 48 points straight skill's Can't wait for 2k12 cause 2k11 still impresses Me. Offline for me all the way

'FIn

MIAMI ALL THE WAY

MIAMI HEAT
MIAMI DOLPHINS
MIAMI MARLINS
AND THE U
Old 09-19-2011, 01:40 AM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmebfresh
Not true i never ever played the computer same cause sometime the computer can straight shock the hell outta you and 'I'm advance 2ker. For example just an hour ago i was the wiz and i was against the Lakers, I was leading by at least 11 points at half and my game plan was working i kept double teaming Kobe on his post up's and a hold him to 8 points which is not very easy on HOF. So i stuck with my game plan at 2 half, Don't you know this mutha F*cker actually stop posting up and hitting with straight mid rangers. Final score me 99 lakers 115 kobe 48 points straight skill's Can't wait for 2k12 cause 2k11 still impresses Me. Offline for me all the way

'FIn
WTF did you do on offense? How can u score 99 pts. And that's why offline players can't be successfull online because they can't adjust. They expect someone to play the same way and when they don't, they get blownout.
Old 09-19-2011, 01:43 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

I think alot of people who are strictly offline have friends in their area who come over and play against them..or visa versa. That's how my situation is, at least..and with that being said I have no reason to play online since I can play offline against friends with no connection problems, drop in fps, etc..just quality gaming.

Nothing more fun than getting friends together and having a cash tournament.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »