Home

Once again, 8 second violation is ignored this year

This is a discussion on Once again, 8 second violation is ignored this year within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
The Best Sports Game of 2019: MLB The Show 19
The Best Franchise Mode of 2019: NBA 2K20's MyLeague
Worst Trend in Sports Games in 2019: Single-Player Modes Getting Shafted
Does the XFL interest you at all? -- Click here to cast your vote now!
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2011, 02:07 PM   #1
Rookie
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Oct 2010
Once again, 8 second violation is ignored this year

There was two incidents during my demo's when I would get my hand on a ball and deflect it out of bounds with the shot clock at like 17 and the other team hasn't crossed half yet. Once they inbound it before half court, they cross half court with like 15 seconds on the shot clock. That's 9 seconds before half court.

Once again the 8 second violation is ignored this year.
ManhattanBeachLakers is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2011, 02:12 PM   #2
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2011
Re: Once again, 8 second violation is ignored this year

I've always wondered this because of 2k. Calling a timeout in the NBA doesnt reset the 8 second clock does it?
09K ROLO is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 02:28 PM   #3
MVP
 
wrestlinggod1's Arena
 
OVR: 13
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Miami
Re: Once again, 8 second violation is ignored this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManhattanBeachLakers
There was two incidents during my demo's when I would get my hand on a ball and deflect it out of bounds with the shot clock at like 17 and the other team hasn't crossed half yet. Once they inbound it before half court, they cross half court with like 15 seconds on the shot clock. That's 9 seconds before half court.

Once again the 8 second violation is ignored this year.
If I'm not mistaken, when a defender touches the ball, the 8 second violation doesn't count. At least that's how it was for the last couple of games..
__________________
#HeatNation
#HeatLifer

Go MIAMI Teams!!
wrestlinggod1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 02:29 PM   #4
Banned
 
rosque's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2011
Re: Once again, 8 second violation is ignored this year

I got once that call because one dude kept bumping me and couldn't get out of my half. So it is.
rosque is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 02:49 PM   #5
MVP
 
strawberryshortcake's Arena
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Re: Once again, 8 second violation is ignored this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManhattanBeachLakers
There was two incidents during my demo's when I would get my hand on a ball and deflect it out of bounds with the shot clock at like 17 and the other team hasn't crossed half yet. Once they inbound it before half court, they cross half court with like 15 seconds on the shot clock. That's 9 seconds before half court.

Once again the 8 second violation is ignored this year.

The 8 second violation happens in NBA2k12. I just fired up the NBA2k12 demo and proceeded to do 8 second violations on purpose. I did it three times consecutively. Although what I did isn't exactly what happened in your game (i.e. defender deflecting the ball), the 8 second rule is in the game, and not ignored.


http://ebawords.com/tiki-index.php?p...le+Differences

"NBA: 8 seconds. Count is reset if the defense kicks or punches the ball, is assessed a technical foul, or is issued a delay of game warning; or if play is stopped due to a player bleeding. For purposes of this rule, the ball gains front court status on a pass when it crosses the plane of the centre line."
__________________
Fixes
NBA2k Defense AI,Footplant, Gameplay
MLB Show Pitching/throwing
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
strawberryshortcake is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2011, 02:55 PM   #6
Pro
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Aug 2010
Re: Once again, 8 second violation is ignored this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
The 8 second violation happens in NBA2k12. I just fired up the NBA2k12 demo and proceeded to do 8 second violations on purpose. I did it three times consecutively. Although what I did isn't exactly what happened in your game (i.e. defender deflecting the ball), the 8 second rule is in the game, and not ignored.


http://ebawords.com/tiki-index.php?p...le+Differences

"NBA: 8 seconds. Count is reset if the defense kicks or punches the ball, is assessed a technical foul, or is issued a delay of game warning; or if play is stopped due to a player bleeding. For purposes of this rule, the ball gains front court status on a pass when it crosses the plane of the centre line."
There you go. Idk why the OP said "once again" either, the 8 sec violation was in 2k11 too, right?

Last edited by MrBigShot1; 09-24-2011 at 03:04 PM.
MrBigShot1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 02:59 PM   #7
MVP
 
wrestlinggod1's Arena
 
OVR: 13
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Miami
Re: Once again, 8 second violation is ignored this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBigShot1
There you go. Not sure why the OP said "once again" either, the 8 sec violation was in 2k11 too.
He didn't know the rules. He didn't know that if a defender touches the ball the clock is reset.
__________________
#HeatNation
#HeatLifer

Go MIAMI Teams!!
wrestlinggod1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 02:59 PM   #8
Rookie
 
Ken North's Arena
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Re: Once again, 8 second violation is ignored this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
The 8 second violation happens in NBA2k12. I just fired up the NBA2k12 demo and proceeded to do 8 second violations on purpose. I did it three times consecutively. Although what I did isn't exactly what happened in your game (i.e. defender deflecting the ball), the 8 second rule is in the game, and not ignored.
That's kinda his point; the timer is reset if it is deflected out of bounds. Which it shouldn't be. He is well aware that the rule itself is in the game.

The timer is reset in the NCAA, maybe 2K are just using the wrong rulebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlinggod1
He didn't know the rules. He didn't know that if a defender touches the ball the clock is reset.
Actually, he does know the rule. No reset on out of bounds in the NBA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
"NBA: 8 seconds. Count is reset if the defense kicks or punches the ball, is assessed a technical foul, or is issued a delay of game warning; or if play is stopped due to a player bleeding. For purposes of this rule, the ball gains front court status on a pass when it crosses the plane of the centre line."
Just for the record, a punched ball in the NBA is a specific violation that is treated like a kicked ball; it is not the same as deflecting the ball.

Last edited by Ken North; 09-24-2011 at 03:04 PM.
Ken North is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:59 PM.

Top -