Home

This is why I hate playing Online...

This is a discussion on This is why I hate playing Online... within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-31-2011, 10:30 PM   #1
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19
This is why I hate playing Online...

So I'm playing a quick match online, and after being down by 12 going into the 4th (Had two 5 year old's screaming and running around in front of me :'(), I narrow the lead to only 2 with 13 seconds left.

I let Lebron take the ball up court (OMG NOT A HEAT USER!), and as the clock winds down I drive the lane, step back, and hit the tying shot at the buzzer.

We go into overtime, and my opponent jumps out to a quick 6 point lead. We trade buckets for the next few possessions, so with 40 seconds left I'm still down by 6. I pass it in to Lebron, and his defender backs off anticipating the drive, so I take the easy 3. After letting my opponent drain the clock, I get a stop, and Lebron gets ANOTHER quick 3. With 12 seconds left, my opponent starts to drive with D. Rose, and as I swarm on him, he tries to pass it out to Deng... and LEBRON gets the steal! I race up court, get a wide open 3 again, and drain it with only 2 seconds left.

So my opponent calls a timeout, but unfortunately I hit B and the coaching screen closes. I pause the game, go into my Defensive Settings, and switch everyone to "Deny Ball" for Off-Ball D, but as I back out, my timer expires and my opponent gets a "Your opponents timer has expired, would you like to quit and receive a win?"

Of course, my opponent bitches out and takes the win, even though I was up by 3 with 2 seconds left in an insanely-epic game.

It's people like this that make me not want to play online. This game was my first loss, and admittedly I am FUMING.

/rant
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2011, 10:41 PM   #2
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: This is why I hate playing Online...

LOl it is your fault for taking 5 minutes in the pause menu.

Youtube
Old 12-31-2011, 10:44 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

People online are *******s, but it's your fault. Your lucky you got back to take a 3 point lead losing by 6 with 40 secs left. The deny ball bs doesn't work, but ultimately you didn't manage your time and basically asked your opponent if he wants a win or loss. You also made the mistake of closing the coaches menu. Mistakes lead to losses. Thats like saying you got the 5 second call trying to inbound the last possession of the game or you turned it over trying to inbound, its a mistake. You made a mistake, no one to blame here but you.
Old 12-31-2011, 11:44 PM   #4
MVP

Champion8877's Arena

OVR: 14

well while i agree 95% of people online are d-bags, its really your fault. i mean you took too long on the pause menu, there is a time limit for a reason.
Old 01-01-2012, 12:14 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 1

Your opponent might have been a little bit unsporting, but he probably felt the same after watching his 6 point lead evaporate with three miracle three's in a row simply because Lebron is Lebron and then having to stare at the pause screen until the timer ran out. Plus they give you plenty of time with the pause menu. You might have been in there just a bit too long through the entire game.

Ultimately, you were practically bailed out of a loss, probably by some luck and Lebron's rating. You then made multiple actual mistakes to bail your opponent out. This sort of thing loses ballgames. Ask Chris Webber about the NCAA Finals.

Last edited by Sundown; 01-01-2012 at 12:22 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2012, 12:58 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0
Yeah its your fault.
Old 01-01-2012, 01:59 AM   #7
Can't spell antetokounmpo

Bahnzo's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalbird7
LOl it is your fault for taking 5 minutes in the pause menu.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Champion8877
its really your fault.
Quote:
Originally Posted by radicalp10
Yeah its your fault.
Wow... While yeah, he prolly shouldn't have taken so long, it's still completely cheap of his opponent to do that. That you guys don't think so?
Old 01-01-2012, 02:06 AM   #8
Rookie

DirtySouf's Arena

OVR: 4

I'll have to agree with everyone else. Although I know things sometimes happen while playing that requires you to pause, it gets frustrating watching someone continually pause while playing so i usually take the "time limit win" whether winning or losing...

I've never lost a game because of time expiring...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »