Home

Why is 2k continuing to ignore Association Mode?

This is a discussion on Why is 2k continuing to ignore Association Mode? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2012, 03:57 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 22
Why is 2k continuing to ignore Association Mode?

I understand that this is the deepest franchise mode in all the four major sports, in my opinion, but honestly, this is getting kind of stale.

It's still fun, but it would be nice if they added a few extra things to the mix. I'm not complaining, it seems as if myplayer/myteam is getting the most attention this year. I can respect that, i guess.

With that being said, i hope sometimes in the future, association mode can be a bit more tougher. It's too easy to turn a team like Detroit into powerhouses in less than 10 years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2012, 04:05 PM   #2
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Why is 2k continuing to ignore Association Mode?

The game isn't out yet so noones knows how association mode will look this year. Besides, they're trying to get a written insight out this week so this thread is a bit premature.

My thoughts on how replays should be handled:
http://www.operationsports.com/Kyoto...plays-replays/
Old 09-25-2012, 04:08 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
The game isn't out yet so noones knows how association mode will look this year. Besides, they're trying to get a written insight out this week so this thread is a bit premature.
If you take a look at the sticky at the top of the page, a guy who already played the retail version said association mode is exactly the same. It isn't premature. I wouldn't make it at all if that was the case.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...tings-vid.html
Old 09-25-2012, 04:13 PM   #4
Pro

BRxSKINSx's Arena

OVR: 18

They're probably just focusing on "Online Play".... Not that I'm complaining.... I haven't played an offline association in almost 5 years....

Gamertag BR xSKINSx
Quote:
Originally Posted by green225
no crew again? really? i'd put my hand through a window right now if i didn't have to deal with the aftermath.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSoisNiCEx414
CREW MODE is like Retro Air Jordans. & Pick Up Games are like a pair of Shaqs from Walmart.
Old 09-25-2012, 04:13 PM   #5
MVP

RumbleCard's Arena

OVR: 8

I'm usually one of those who insists that people are going overboard or being over emotional about lack of information and so forth but I got to admit I'm sincerely disappointed in 2Ks approach to Association this year and lack of information being revealed. Even if its minor as least give us something to reconcile what looks like 2Ks complete abandonment of this mode.

I'm having a hard time believing that an essential sim game is getting more love in the rpg myplayer mode than the meat of Association.

I don't have statistics to analyze but I'd also be shocked if buyers spend more time on myplayer than Association. But again no stats for me to go off of.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2012, 04:20 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'm strictly an offline association player and I've been annoyed by this for awhile. At this point we have to either suck it up and buy 2k13 anyway or, wait till next year.
Old 09-25-2012, 04:21 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 14

Its pretty much a done deal that this is the same Association mode since 2k11. When they gotta ask for a written one I knew it was over lol. Sad actually, I'm glad myplayer and other modes got improved but this is ridiculous to me. There has been many posts over the years by me and others on ways to improve. But it says a lot when you don't even add 1 new aspect in 2 years. Hopefully the gameplay is good for y'all because this will be another year of boycottting 2k for me. When association mode is improved then maybe I'll come back

Last edited by 500bloc; 09-25-2012 at 08:43 PM.
Old 09-25-2012, 04:27 PM   #8
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGKing
If you take a look at the sticky at the top of the page, a guy who already played the retail version said association mode is exactly the same. It isn't premature. I wouldn't make it at all if that was the case.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...tings-vid.html
Oh, then I apologize.

Gonna go read. Really hope they get a written insight done so we can read about the changes they did do, even if it wasn't alot.

I'm really hoping they revamp association mode some day too. It's the mode I play the most and it would be great if it could more in-depth like My Career is today.

My thoughts on how replays should be handled:
http://www.operationsports.com/Kyoto...plays-replays/

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »