Home

Pump fakes getting blocked???

This is a discussion on Pump fakes getting blocked??? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-01-2013, 09:11 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: Pump fakes getting blocked???

It is an issue and has been brought up before by others, it started after 2K released the patch.

The issue for me is it only happens to the user and not the CPU. Plus it only happens if the CPU is out of position.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:03 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshunleon
It is an issue and has been brought up before by others, it started after 2K released the patch.

The issue for me is it only happens to the user and not the CPU. Plus it only happens if the CPU is out of position.
This issue has been in the game since release date.
Old 01-01-2013, 04:50 PM   #19
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22

I've noticed it since the demo. In 2k12 I did a lot of post game and pump fakes both and never had much trouble, but in 2k13 I've had a lot of trouble doing both. I've adapted however and am playing well now. The new trick stick has done wonders for me in adapting so I can't complain to much as I love that but I do wish the post game and pump fakes were like 2k12.
Old 01-01-2013, 06:11 PM   #20
All Star

beast10's Arena

OVR: 36

Story of my gaming life this is complete BS. I can't go in the post and do a fake without the opposing team's player putting a fingernail on the ball and pops it out of my hand then my player just stares at the ball....
Old 01-01-2013, 06:28 PM   #21
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by beast10
Story of my gaming life this is complete BS. I can't go in the post and do a fake without the opposing team's player putting a fingernail on the ball and pops it out of my hand then my player just stares at the ball....
Yeah, that's another thing i've noticed. When the ball gets knocked loose from your opponents forearm barely touching the ball or whatever, it's like you're not allowed to get it back. Your player just stands there like an idiot, or goes into some dumb animation where he jumps or looks the other way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2013, 06:33 PM   #22
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

It happens sometimes to me, but not enough for me to consider it a real concern.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:57 PM   #23
Pro

TalenT's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streaky McFloorburn
Nothing missed, the second part of my example addressed exactly what you said. I'm sorry, I haven't experienced it in 2k13, which is why I suggested (especially if it happens regularly to you) that some type of adjustment needs to made on your part.

If it really looks ridiculous as you stated, post a video and let the forum be the judge. If the hem of the defender's shorts, or some billowing fabric in his jersey sends the ball rocketing out of your hands, that's certainly an issue - but if some relatively firm part of the body brushes it, and it comes loose at a speed commensurate to the speed he was moving, that should be acceptable.

Just to clarify: if you're asking in any way, shape, or form that the ball should be immovable while it's in your hands, except for specific inputs designed to dislodge it - you are asking for the game to be less organic & realistic. I didn't mean to assume that you want that, but everyone before you who complained about this issue seemed to, and that's where I get concerned that people are going to get the wrong things "fixed" by complaining about problems they can solve on their own.
Yeah, if you saw an example there's no way you could dispute my argument. People saying it's not a problem, wait till it happens in crunch time. That'll be enough. Yeah, I'm not suggesting the ball should be an "immovable object" in the players hand. I don't know where that came from. I'm saying it should take more than a simple limb brushing over it to jar the ball loose. And trust me...it looks ridiculous.

XBOXONE GT: TalenT3Point0
Old 01-02-2013, 12:31 AM   #24
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

OVR: 26
How much are toy pump faking if you're having a problem with being blocked while doing it? If you don't pump fake more than twice in a row in the paint you're not gonna get this result.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

My thoughts on how replays should be handled:
http://www.operationsports.com/Kyoto...plays-replays/

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »