Home

Switched to PC - WOW

This is a discussion on Switched to PC - WOW within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2012, 06:33 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 7
Switched to PC - WOW

Hey guys, so I've been playing NBA 2k on consoles for years now. After getting a new laptop, I made a switch to the PC version. While having all those appearance mods for players, stadiums, etc, are so cool, the creme of the crop is all the gameplay mods! These modders actually changed the way the game behaves! Not only did they give the game realistic physics, they also cut down all delay in between animations, so now NBA 2k12 plays like an entirely different game! It's just amazing what people has done to this game. Those with a PC that can run NBA 2k12 and are tired of the lack of customization and gameplay issues, make the switch now!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2012, 08:36 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 10
Re: Switched to PC - WOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven123
Hey guys, so I've been playing NBA 2k on consoles for years now. After getting a new laptop, I made a switch to the PC version. While having all those appearance mods for players, stadiums, etc, are so cool, the creme of the crop is all the gameplay mods! These modders actually changed the way the game behaves! Not only did they give the game realistic physics, they also cut down all delay in between animations, so now NBA 2k12 plays like an entirely different game! It's just amazing what people has done to this game. Those with a PC that can run NBA 2k12 and are tired of the lack of customization and gameplay issues, make the switch now!
im seriously thinking of switching just for iverson alone lol. what type of laptop do you have.

"i never was a clutch shooter......but on xbox im deadly" shaq
Old 04-26-2012, 09:06 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 19

I know the question wasn't directed at me, but I just bought a Toshiba L775 from Best Buy for around 400-450 bucks and I can run the game completely maxed at all settings.

At the OP - Which mods are you running? I haven't downloaded any yet. Are you getting them from NLSC, ModdingWay, or somewhere else?
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:56 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Same here. Recently switched to the PC version from the PS3. Really great mods and tweaks.

Liking the new Kobe look

Amare with the cornrows

Last edited by Hoozah; 04-27-2012 at 12:17 AM.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:10 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

DamnYanks2's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
I know the question wasn't directed at me, but I just bought a Toshiba L775 from Best Buy for around 400-450 bucks and I can run the game completely maxed at all settings.

At the OP - Which mods are you running? I haven't downloaded any yet. Are you getting them from NLSC, ModdingWay, or somewhere else?
Been thinking about going this route for a while. Really? that seems like a pretty reasonable price. Do the visuals really blow the PS3 and 360's out of the water. Because honestly, I'm still in awe of NBA 2K11 graphically.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2012, 12:11 AM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironwork
im seriously thinking of switching just for iverson alone lol. what type of laptop do you have.
It's some Dell my mom bought for me on those shopping network on TV, lol. It was probably around 600 or so. It met all the game requirements but the most important part is the videocard. It has a Intel HD Family videocard, which gets a bad rap but was able to run Dragon Age Origins and NBA 2k12 just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44

I like Moddingway the best because everything is very organized.

http://www.moddingway.com/category/164.html

Make sure to install the Physics and MVP & JD Block/Iso mods by michaelvlutz49, actually everything by him is great. Just make sure to install the latest versions because the older ones might conflict with the patch.

Also, I recommend Alby's rosters, he even includes sliders to play with michaelvlutz49's gameplay mods.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:31 AM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnYanks2
Been thinking about going this route for a while. Really? that seems like a pretty reasonable price. Do the visuals really blow the PS3 and 360's out of the water. Because honestly, I'm still in awe of NBA 2K11 graphically.

If you want amazing graphics, you're gonna have to spend more for a good graphics card, like 100-200 more. It may not look better than xbox 360's graphics on my laptop but Im satisfied with having real stadiums, real team dornas, and players that look like themselves.

Here are some of my favorite cyber face mods:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jh.jpg (135.9 KB, 1733 views)
File Type: jpg lbj.jpg (85.3 KB, 1728 views)
File Type: jpg kf.jpg (61.3 KB, 1697 views)
File Type: jpg mwp.jpg (122.8 KB, 1729 views)
File Type: jpg nash.jpg (47.3 KB, 1699 views)
Old 04-27-2012, 09:47 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 6

I've always said that if my version of nba 2k12 (excluding graphic mods) was the standard console version, it would be crowned as the greatest sports game of all-time. The graphic mods as mentioned, as well as the ability to add faces, courts, jerseys, retro rosters has completely turned me away from the console version.

I've bought both console and pc version for the past 2 years (console for online play) but from now on i will only support the pc version. Here are a couple vids i recorded for my offensive tips thread:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZpQI8Ia40A

Mods have made off-ball movement so much more effective

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaaQLCf3Q54

my sexy t'wolves court

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »