Home

Subpar performance? Please post your DxDiag.

This is a discussion on Subpar performance? Please post your DxDiag. within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2015, 10:15 AM   #17
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Subpar performance? Please post your DxDiag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakiboj
Same, it is always 60.
Maybe it has to do with the monitor. I have my desktop plugged in the TV.
You can try to force the 59.9hz refresh rate inside the config file. Set it to read only after the editing.
I can see now that I also have a 50hz option in the main menu so it's definitely because of the TV setup.
Old 10-10-2015, 04:20 PM   #18
PC/PS4 Gamer

Rob. D's Arena

OVR: 14

DXDiag

Spoiler
Old 10-10-2015, 10:58 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Ingame is fine for me now (and has been all throughout after I worked through a few choppiness issues on my own system), but I do still have issues with certain replays and the halftime-postgame highlight packages. I'll post video of it in a bit - I'm recording a game right now via OBS and this stuff happens in every game.

DXDiag:
Attached Files
File Type: txt DxDiag.txt (74.0 KB, 2 views)
Old 10-11-2015, 01:41 AM   #20
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

(video will take a bit to upload, probably about an hour)

Okay, here's a collection of technical problems I noticed from one game. For ease of recording this was in windowed mode, but I experience all of these even in normal fullscreen. Apologies for the low video quality, but it was bad enough dealing with the 30 FPS lock from Movie Maker - plus I don't really need 60 FPS to show this stuff. The game itself was running 60 FPS, though.

The single plays shown are all shooting fouls in which the replay either screen wipes to nothing (with the 2ksports logo) or goes to a replay of the player's post foul reaction. This did not happen on every single shooting foul in the game, but it's definitely not infrequent.

Around quarter breaks, halftime and postgame I start experiencing brief freezes and blank screens at various times. This is NOT OBS - the same thing happens even without it turned on. Also during the quarter break specifically I get an occasional jitter on some highlight reel plays - it stands out even in 30 FPS. Watch the very first 3 taken at the 1st quarter break for a good example, it's really noticeable even at 30, let alone 60.

Again, all of this happens pretty consistently in my games. For the halftime and postgame stuff it seems like the game is trying to load the highlight packages but not finishing in time. I don't have any idea what's going on with the foul replays.

Last edited by bcruise; 10-11-2015 at 02:35 AM.
Old 10-11-2015, 09:09 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise

(video will take a bit to upload, probably about an hour)

Okay, here's a collection of technical problems I noticed from one game. For ease of recording this was in windowed mode, but I experience all of these even in normal fullscreen. Apologies for the low video quality, but it was bad enough dealing with the 30 FPS lock from Movie Maker - plus I don't really need 60 FPS to show this stuff. The game itself was running 60 FPS, though.

The single plays shown are all shooting fouls in which the replay either screen wipes to nothing (with the 2ksports logo) or goes to a replay of the player's post foul reaction. This did not happen on every single shooting foul in the game, but it's definitely not infrequent.

Around quarter breaks, halftime and postgame I start experiencing brief freezes and blank screens at various times. This is NOT OBS - the same thing happens even without it turned on. Also during the quarter break specifically I get an occasional jitter on some highlight reel plays - it stands out even in 30 FPS. Watch the very first 3 taken at the 1st quarter break for a good example, it's really noticeable even at 30, let alone 60.

Again, all of this happens pretty consistently in my games. For the halftime and postgame stuff it seems like the game is trying to load the highlight packages but not finishing in time. I don't have any idea what's going on with the foul replays.
I'm experiencing the same issues as you man, it's frustrating as I have seen Leftos post here plenty of times and he hasn't addressed this even once.

I have a i7 4790K, 16GB, GTX980ti (was on SLI GTX970 before), G-Sync monitor and game installed on SSD. Should go through this like butter yet encountering even more issues than in 2K15.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2015, 09:26 AM   #22
Rookie

sakiboj's Arena

OVR: 0

Same stuttering I have. Totally identical like mine stutter.
Old 10-11-2015, 09:59 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 0
Icon4 Re: Subpar performance? Please post your DxDiag.

heres my DxDiag even with crowd off I can't keep 60fps

SPECS:

fx 8320 @3.8GHz
r9 290
8GB ram
Attached Files
File Type: txt DxDiag.txt (63.5 KB, 1 views)
Old 10-13-2015, 05:32 PM   #24
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripterion
I'm experiencing the same issues as you man, it's frustrating as I have seen Leftos post here plenty of times and he hasn't addressed this even once.
I've reported the replay issues to the people responsible, I don't have any updates on that yet. I'll pass the video on as well.

We're also still investigating ways to optimize 2K16 even further on PC and to provide more settings for you to find the perfect combination for your system.
Novato, CA, USA

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »