Home

PC Draft Class Compilation Thread

This is a discussion on PC Draft Class Compilation Thread within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2016, 05:01 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: PC Draft Class Compilation Thread

I just finished my first (of hopefully many) draft class. I fully edited everyone that is rated 61 or higher (68 players in total), trying to get it as realistic as possible.

File name: Fictional 1
Username: Sovereign_KB

DISCLAIMER: I am not a seasoned draft class creater by any means. If you see any mistakes please notify me so I can correct these and improve future DC's.
Old 09-28-2016, 03:41 AM   #10
Pro

joosegoose's Arena

For anyone interested, I worked on my class a little bit more and updated it on 2kshare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pazzinho
I just finished my first (of hopefully many) draft class. I fully edited everyone that is rated 61 or higher (68 players in total), trying to get it as realistic as possible.

File name: Fictional 1
Username: Sovereign_KB

DISCLAIMER: I am not a seasoned draft class creater by any means. If you see any mistakes please notify me so I can correct these and improve future DC's.
Awesome! A few critiques after doing a very brief pass to check for the obvious things:
  • It seems a bit heavy on the bald guys. There should be few, if any, bald guys in a class these days imo
  • Peak ages seem late. 2 of the first 3 guys I checked had Peak Ends in their mid 30s
  • Open vs moving shot ratings could use another pass. A lot of guys have moving shot ratings higher than their open shot, with a few guys having significantly higher ratings
  • I haven't looked through Dish to Open Man tendency, but I'm guessing it could use a look. The first guy I looked at was Drew Doughty (sp?), a SG/PG with okay passing vision and a tendency of 15 (much too low)

Now, some suggestions:

I hope you found at least some of that helpful and not too discouraging! Let me know if there's anything else you wanted feedback on that I may have overlooked.
Old 09-28-2016, 01:06 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by joosegoose
For anyone interested, I worked on my class a little bit more and updated it on 2kshare.

Awesome! A few critiques after doing a very brief pass to check for the obvious things:
  • It seems a bit heavy on the bald guys. There should be few, if any, bald guys in a class these days imo
  • Peak ages seem late. 2 of the first 3 guys I checked had Peak Ends in their mid 30s
  • Open vs moving shot ratings could use another pass. A lot of guys have moving shot ratings higher than their open shot, with a few guys having significantly higher ratings
  • I haven't looked through Dish to Open Man tendency, but I'm guessing it could use a look. The first guy I looked at was Drew Doughty (sp?), a SG/PG with okay passing vision and a tendency of 15 (much too low)

Now, some suggestions:

I hope you found at least some of that helpful and not too discouraging! Let me know if there's anything else you wanted feedback on that I may have overlooked.
Thanks for the feedback! It's not discouraging at all, the more tips the better.

Regarding the bald players. In MyGM/MyLeague, players do not change appearance as time goes on. That's why I decided to base the look of most players on what they will look like as NBA players instead of how they will look coming out of college. Otherwise the whole league will look a little young a couple of years into your MyGM.

Thanks for mentioning the peak age. I didn't really tinker with that because I wanted to maintain a little bit of mystery for myself. I obviously know the potentials of the players, So I kept a couple of little things as they were generated. Apparently I cannot trust the auto-generation with anything so I will edit those from now on.

I completely dropped the ball with the open vs moving shots. I didn't realize that the moving shot has to be equal or lower than the standing/open shot. I assumed that they were corralated, meaning that a players capacity to shoot was deteremined by the open shot and that the moving or contested shot would act as a modifier on that rating (the higher the moving rating, the less the penalty for not standing still while shooting).

I didn't change the tendencies with a lot of precision because I had no real knowledge of that and couldn't find a proper guide. The thread you suggested looks promising so I will use that one to adjust mistakes. Again, I'm really annoyed that the auto-generated players don't even have stats and tendencies that are atleast somewhat normalish.

I'm not going to use cyberfaces. I don't want to bother with the technical aspect of the game. Also, I make these DC's so I can have a long MyLeague without being annoyed by terrible auto-generated players that populate the league after a couple of years. Every class needs, imo, around 70 players to do so, which takes a lot of time. If I also start heavily detailing faces I will never have enough DC's in time to have a long MyLeague.

Again, thanks for providing feedback, it really helps a lot. I will try to correct these mistakes as soon as possible. If you (or anyone else) find more mistakes please tell me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2016, 05:44 PM   #12
Pro

joosegoose's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pazzinho
Thanks for the feedback! It's not discouraging at all, the more tips the better.

Regarding the bald players. In MyGM/MyLeague, players do not change appearance as time goes on. That's why I decided to base the look of most players on what they will look like as NBA players instead of how they will look coming out of college. Otherwise the whole league will look a little young a couple of years into your MyGM.

Thanks for mentioning the peak age. I didn't really tinker with that because I wanted to maintain a little bit of mystery for myself. I obviously know the potentials of the players, So I kept a couple of little things as they were generated. Apparently I cannot trust the auto-generation with anything so I will edit those from now on.

I completely dropped the ball with the open vs moving shots. I didn't realize that the moving shot has to be equal or lower than the standing/open shot. I assumed that they were corralated, meaning that a players capacity to shoot was deteremined by the open shot and that the moving or contested shot would act as a modifier on that rating (the higher the moving rating, the less the penalty for not standing still while shooting).

I didn't change the tendencies with a lot of precision because I had no real knowledge of that and couldn't find a proper guide. The thread you suggested looks promising so I will use that one to adjust mistakes. Again, I'm really annoyed that the auto-generated players don't even have stats and tendencies that are atleast somewhat normalish.

I'm not going to use cyberfaces. I don't want to bother with the technical aspect of the game. Also, I make these DC's so I can have a long MyLeague without being annoyed by terrible auto-generated players that populate the league after a couple of years. Every class needs, imo, around 70 players to do so, which takes a lot of time. If I also start heavily detailing faces I will never have enough DC's in time to have a long MyLeague.

Again, thanks for providing feedback, it really helps a lot. I will try to correct these mistakes as soon as possible. If you (or anyone else) find more mistakes please tell me.
Good point on the bald guys, it's why I wish we could change appearance at any time for CAPs...doesn't make sense why we can't. You do you then, if anyone using your class wants to give them hair only it takes a few seconds anyways. I will probably personally at least do that for the white guy (Doughty or whatever), give him receding hair at the very least.

Yeah, it's a shame the auto-peak age is so terrible. I was thinking about the mystery aspect for myself as I'm working on my little class for the same reason as you. One idea I had:

After creating the class, make multiple saves where all you do is change peak ages up a bit. Make it so some guys have already peaked or will peak in a year or so, and become busts. When you load up a class in your MyLeague, unless you've memorized everything you'll have no way to know if a guy in this class is going to be a bust or not. The downside? Peak ages are not part of quick edit, so this could be a lot quicker.

With open vs moving shots, open doesn't have to be higher than moving, but it appears the 2k roster is set up that way. If the goal is to balance your classes for that roster, I'd suggest following the general trends you see with it.

I don't have a ton of knowledge with the tendencies either but I know what the important ones are, and the Dish to Open Man is a known bug/unfortunate design choice that's been in the game since 2k16. All generated players who aren't PGs have that tendency super low, and the tendency is responsible for assists so you wind up with only PGs averaging more than 1 APG. Barnsey's PSA guide I linked you does a good job highlighting the important ones. If you really want to dig deeper and have more questions, I'd suggest posting in the rosters subforum, or even just the general 2k forum here. Some guys there who do a lot more work with tendencies than I do (which is none really).

Respect on the cyberfaces reasoning, though be aware that what you said is the exact reason I use a couple. It's not technicial if you check the link I posted (the trainer is even in english now), and saves a lot of time actually (takes a few seconds to give a guy a face). I'm not talking about making your own, just using one of the unused faces in the game. Again, it's personal preference and I wouldn't make an entire class of nothing but cyberfaces, but I think it can save time and really enhance a class. Taking a couple seconds to give someone a face is better to me than tinkering with the CAP editor to make him look homo sapiens instead of cro-magnon.

At the end of the day, you're making these classes for you, so make whatever changes you want and go as in depth as you want to. I think we're of similar minds here, and the things I've specifically mentioned are the ones that bother me the most with the 2k classes. Which, now that I think of it, add Play Types to that...I didn't check if you touched up on them in your class. If you didn't, they're mentioned in that PSA guide.
Old 09-30-2016, 04:46 PM   #13
Just started!

Hi guys,
after reading the guide on creating realistic draft classes I found this post. I gotta say you are right with it beeing easy to assign cyberfaces. Afterwards I regret not doing so in the first place. Right now I would love to promote my own draft class but it is too far from finished - 10 of 30 Prospects completed. BUT you might help me with deleting an uploaded example that is kind of bad. When I am done building my class I want you to find only the correct one when searching for it with my user id (kaethe).

thx in advance
Old 10-01-2016, 10:30 AM   #14
Just started!

Allright. If you want to have a look at an early version of my Draft Class you can do so.

Kaethe
Fictional D.C. (cyberfaces)

I have to say that most of the players with a cyberface aren't ready yet. I finished 16 players now. You will find a variety of "characters". Some raw talents, pure athletes, teamplayers, streetballers... I will update this draft class until I am done creating a solid first round. Second round is optional because I try to go into detail with each player.

If you want to give feedback those are the ones that are good to go:
nguyen, arnold, cattey, cox, bridges, patton, melli, palmer, zamojski, popov, djedovic, ward, wooden, sparks, singleton, gibbs (maybe he's overrated).
Old 10-01-2016, 02:17 PM   #15
Pro

joosegoose's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaethe
Allright. If you want to have a look at an early version of my Draft Class you can do so.

Kaethe
Fictional D.C. (cyberfaces)

I have to say that most of the players with a cyberface aren't ready yet. I finished 16 players now. You will find a variety of "characters". Some raw talents, pure athletes, teamplayers, streetballers... I will update this draft class until I am done creating a solid first round. Second round is optional because I try to go into detail with each player.

If you want to give feedback those are the ones that are good to go:
nguyen, arnold, cattey, cox, bridges, patton, melli, palmer, zamojski, popov, djedovic, ward, wooden, sparks, singleton, gibbs (maybe he's overrated).
Good stuff here! I like what I'm seeing. Player ages are quite a bit higher than a typical draft class and singleton is a much lower overall than anyone on the 2k roster (I'm not positive a cpu team would even sign his contract), but I like everything else I'm seeing. Good balance and flavor.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2016, 04:35 PM   #16
Just started!

Thx for your feedback. Will have a Look at it. Btw - I "finished" 24 players now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »