Home

PC Draft Class Compilation Thread

This is a discussion on PC Draft Class Compilation Thread within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2016, 11:05 PM   #1
Pro

joosegoose's Arena

OVR: 0
PC Draft Class Compilation Thread

If you guys are anything like me, it pains you to use randomly generated DCs. The idea of going in blind is fun...until you realize most of the prospects don't really make sense. Roster sharing still isn't universal for reasons I don't understand, so we should try to get organized as we tend to have less content quantity than the consoles.(quality is much higher of course thanks to trainers and mods)!

This thread is for any draft classes you may have used or created, real or fictional, thorough 100 prospect editing or simply going through and editing the 'dish to open man' tendency. I'll try to keep this post organized with what kind of draft class each one is and how much detail you went into. I'll get the ball rolling...

I went ahead and created a fictional class, I really didn't go beyond editing 12-15 guys. I edited attributes, tendencies, peak ages, badges, ages, a couple cyberfaces, and tried to make sure the guys I touched didn't look completely stupid. I've spent a couple hours so far, it's not particularly thorough but I'll likely go back later and make some more updates. I do not consider myself a DC creator, but this is still way better than a random class imo.

Name: Fictional DC 1
Steam ID: BigTicket

Oh yes, and please feel free to make any changes or your own or suggest specific things I change/add. These are just small edits I made to make the draft more palatable.

Real Draft Classes

2017 draft
  • File Name: 2k17 Draft Real Top Prospects! Username: X-2357
    appears balanced for official rosters
  • file name: 2k17 1.0
    creator: Hooch
    balanced for official rosters

Various 1990's drafts
  • Search for ID: CanariyaQAQ

Fictional Draft Classes
  • Search for : Fictional D.C. w/faces Year1
    link for more info: http://forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic.php?f=225&t=102226
  • Name: Fictional DC 1
    Steam ID: BigTicket
    12-15 prospects edited, moderate attention to detail. WIP
  • File name: Fictional 1
    Username: Sovereign_KB
    Complete
  • Kaethe
    Fictional D.C. (cyberfaces)
    WIP

Also, there's a pretty fantastic tool turty11 created to streamline the player creation process. It auto-generates players much better than the game itself does. You can find the tool here: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...classes-2.html

Last edited by joosegoose; 10-16-2016 at 10:46 PM. Reason: Updated list
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2016, 11:20 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: PC Draft Class Compilation Thread

I've started building DC's for this years game again. I'm currently about halfway done with my first one.
Old 09-24-2016, 04:36 PM   #3
Pro

joosegoose's Arena

Awesome! I used yours last year. Definitely post when you're at a state that they're sharable.
Old 09-25-2016, 08:59 AM   #4
MVP

glad to see you hear and on NLSC
Old 09-25-2016, 10:10 AM   #5
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

In like Flynn for this thread. I don't have any to contribute myself (I've never done one, but I'm trying to put one together so ... we'll see if I come up with something half-decent) but I did stumble across someone who's creating classic draft classes.

And they're using real players. His onlineID is CanariyaQAQ, and his classic draft classes have extremely accurate player models/pictures of classic players for their preview, stats that aren't totally insane ... I'm not sure how he's doing it, but if anyone knows the guy, he might be a hero.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2016, 10:23 AM   #6
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

File Name: 2k17 Draft Real Top Prospects!

Username: X-2357

Found this one, file looks balanced. Potentials are about right (maybe a touch high, there are only two 90 potentials in the class in Fultz and Jackson), intangibles are in the 60s for most top prospects, so that should keep them from getting too inflated. Class is deep, I got guys in here like Melo Trimble (rated 64 overall) and Nigel Hayes, projected 2nd round picks for 2017. Definitely looks to be a good one, adjust for your own tastes of course.
Old 09-25-2016, 09:52 PM   #7
Pro

joosegoose's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
In like Flynn for this thread. I don't have any to contribute myself (I've never done one, but I'm trying to put one together so ... we'll see if I come up with something half-decent) but I did stumble across someone who's creating classic draft classes.

And they're using real players. His onlineID is CanariyaQAQ, and his classic draft classes have extremely accurate player models/pictures of classic players for their preview, stats that aren't totally insane ... I'm not sure how he's doing it, but if anyone knows the guy, he might be a hero.

This is pretty exciting, reminds me of the UBR days. I'll add them to the OP and check them out myself...especially since almost all of these guys are retired now it could be really fun to use with a 'typical' MyLeague

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
File Name: 2k17 Draft Real Top Prospects!

Username: X-2357

Found this one, file looks balanced. Potentials are about right (maybe a touch high, there are only two 90 potentials in the class in Fultz and Jackson), intangibles are in the 60s for most top prospects, so that should keep them from getting too inflated. Class is deep, I got guys in here like Melo Trimble (rated 64 overall) and Nigel Hayes, projected 2nd round picks for 2017. Definitely looks to be a good one, adjust for your own tastes of course.
Oooh, yes, can't have too many real classes either. I love Mauroth-Kao's classes (hope you guys are back at it this year!) and they do great work but at least last year they balanced based off of Alby's roster, which means ratings and class depth were a bit high for other rosters.
Old 09-25-2016, 09:56 PM   #8
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by joosegoose
This is pretty exciting, reminds me of the UBR days. I'll add them to the OP and check them out myself...especially since almost all of these guys are retired now it could be really fun to use with a 'typical' MyLeague
Dude, the classic classes look SO good, especially since about everyone in them is gone. A classic team MyLeague could definitely be run convincingly if that guy keep making draft classes up until the famed '03 class. After they get into the league, all bets can be off and you can let the fictional DCs take over, but MAN, those classic classes make a classic league really temping at some point.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »